nigel99

Dreams

For most of my adult life I have no waking memory of my dreams. The only way I knew I had dream't was my wife bitching/laughing at me because of sleep talking or actions. She has never forgiven me for the time I was screaming that a train was coming and then my hiding behind her in the bed:DB|.

Anyway over the last 2 or 3 months I have started remembering my dreams during waking hours and they are pretty funny/entertaining.

Does anyone else not remember dreams - that is no conscious memory of dreaming at all?
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Nope, never heard of that phenomenon but it is interesting. I've remembered (some of) my dreams - well, as far back as I can remember.

Have you any theories as to why you've suddenly started remembering yours?

I have read/heard that you only remember dreams if you wake at a specific part of the sleep cycle. Perhaps I am waking in a different part of the cycle who knows - but dreams are cool.

I used to dream that I had a total malfunction and sort of "bounced" from one fully inflated T-10 to another like a giant bouncy castle and wake up during the dream. That was a recurring dream when I was ~19years old.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

I'm on a medication to help me quit smoking. One of the side effects is very vivid dreams. not nightmares or anything like that. It's like dreaming in 3D lol. Sometimes its hard to remember what is real and what was just a dream.

Yeah I'm probly going crazy but all you anti smoking assholes are going to have to deal with me being crazy if you want me to quit :S

Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

Perhaps I am waking in a different part of the cycle

Yeah, maybe your wife's started kicking you when you begin yelling about those damned trains again. :D

There's an interesting documentary about dreams as one of the extras on Blu-Ray for the movie Inception. They were trying to say that psychosis is kind of like a waking dream state - i.e. things that happen to you in your dreams are comparable to things that you imagine are happening to you when you're suffering from conditions like paranoid schizophrenia. I'd never thought of that before, but it made a certain amount of sense - obviously both types of experience are constructed by your brain rather than being related to what's actually going on around you.

I'm on a medication to help me quit smoking. One of the side effects is very vivid dreams. not nightmares or anything like that. It's like dreaming in 3D lol.

I'm not a smoker, but I wouldn't mind trying some of that medication. Sounds fun! :)

There's an interesting documentary about dreams as one of the extras on Blu-Ray for the movie Inception. They were trying to say that psychosis is kind of like a waking dream state - i.e. things that happen to you in your dreams are comparable to things that you imagine are happening to you when you're suffering from conditions like paranoid schizophrenia. I'd never thought of that before, but it made a certain amount of sense - obviously both types of experience are constructed by your brain rather than being related to what's actually going on around you.

One theory of schizophrenia is that it is a result of incomplete communication between the two hemispheres of the brain. The right brain therefore is coming up with all of these sorts of primordial urges and partially constructed ideas that are usually then organized by the left brain in a normally functioning brain. Because the Schizophrenic's hemispheres do not communicate well these ideas are then experienced as hallucinations--much like a dream state. It is a very interesting theory anyway.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

I used to dream that I had a total malfunction and sort of "bounced" from one fully inflated T-10 to another

T-10s? That was no dream. THAT was a nightmare!
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Inception is a fantastic movie and yes I have heard some of those theories.

OTOH if you`re interested in another "mental" movie you could watch "Shutter Island". It even stars the same actor. And is better IMO.

Oh, and I remember about half of my dreams, but there are some I wished I forget.
dudeist skydiver #42

She has never forgiven me for the time I was screaming that a train was coming and then my hiding behind her in the bed:DB|.

OMG!!! You have just reminded me of something!! I got woken up once because my then-boyfriend was kicking/punching me and screaming like hell... It took me a while to realise the high-pitched screams were my own and took him a while to realise that the bad guys who were chasing him (in his dream) did not catch up to him, but in fact my leg/arm must have just brushed up against him (in real life)!!!! Wonder what the neighbours though of our horror-movie-screaming at 4 AM!!!! :D:D:DB|
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

I used to dream that I had a total malfunction and sort of "bounced" from one fully inflated T-10 to another

No.
C-9's were the nightmare.>:(
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I'm on a medication to help me quit smoking. One of the side effects is very vivid dreams.

Sounds like Propranolol (aka "Inderal").
I knew a co-worker who was taking it.
He said the dreams were so vivid that when he woke up in the morning and looked at his wife, he felt guilty.;)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

No.
C-9's were the nightmare.>:(

C-9's are the shit - much better than a T-10

C-9's are shit

I will agree with that.

- much better than a T-10

Not if you were a big guy jumping back in the day of the myopic one-size-fits-all mentality,
and the C-9's had massive cutouts for steerability.
The only good C-9's for big guys were unmodified with a 4-line release.

It's probably a side effect of whatever popsjumper slipped in your drink at the Farm when he was trying to take advantage of you.

:P You jealous?

Nah-I just use better drugs. Didn't you notice that you felt a little 'uncomfortable' on your drive south to Georgia?:P:D:D
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

C-9's are shit

I will agree with that.

- much better than a T-10

Not if you were a big guy jumping back in the day of the myopic one-size-fits-all mentality,
and the C-9's had massive cutouts for steerability.
The only good C-9's for big guys were unmodified with a 4-line release.

I weighed about 130lb's and on at least 2 occasions I was still >1000 foot after the NEXT 182 load deployed, on a T-10 with the thermals sometimes I just didn't come down. I could do stand-up landings on a C9 without really trying.