airdvr

How much $ is too much for it?

Continuing in the vein of statistics.

You're 'seeing' a new interest. You've had 1 or more dates. At what $ amount do you stop if you're not getting any?

I personally had the $200 rule. My thoughts are the relationship is going nowhere until each has test driven the goods.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Wow.

Of all the criteria that float around in my brain, money is not one. And the fact that we are not having sex is another one that does not come up.

I have these oddball ideas about compatible sense of humor; mutual interests; intelligence; personality; lack of bad habits; and a host of other things that can not be measured like money and frequency of intercourse.

Wow.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Davjohns I'm liking you more and more the way you respond to these things.

In answer to the question by the OP:
Keep in mind that I play these things conservatively, but as a woman, the more a man tries to spend on me early on the less likely he is to get it anytime soon. So, pool, some beers, and trashy food at a diner at 2 am and everything else is clicking there's definitely a good night kiss in the picture. Show up at the door with a dozen roses and take me to Morton's and I'll spend the night wondering who you think you asked out and why you're trying so hard. Not that I don't like Morton's, just that no one should be trying that hard on a first date and I don't like it when I feel like some guy is trying to "buy me".

Admittedly, I'm weird and not normal.

Davjohns I'm liking you more and more the way you respond to these things.

In answer to the question by the OP:
Keep in mind that I play these things conservatively, but as a woman, the more a man tries to spend on me early on the less likely he is to get it anytime soon. So, pool, some beers, and trashy food at a diner at 2 am and everything else is clicking there's definitely a good night kiss in the picture. Show up at the door with a dozen roses and take me to Morton's and I'll spend the night wondering who you think you asked out and why you're trying so hard. Not that I don't like Morton's, just that no one should be trying that hard on a first date and I don't like it when I feel like some guy is trying to "buy me".

+1
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

I personally had the $200 rule. My thoughts are the relationship is going nowhere until each has test driven the goods.

That's only like, 3-4 dinners out; less if you add a movie or some other activity. You would really ditch a girl you like that soon just because you're not having sex yet?
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

That's only like, 3-4 dinners out; less if you add a movie or some other activity. You would really ditch a girl you like that soon just because you're not having sex yet?

:) Ummm...somebody REALLY needs to take you out to dinner somewhere nicer than you've been going! ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

:) Ummm...somebody REALLY needs to take you out to dinner somewhere nicer than you've been going! ;)

Like maybe The Melting Pot? :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

REALLLLY

:ph34r:

i have to agree with davjohns on this one. If you're basing the success of a relationship purely on how soon you get laid, you're in for many many failed relationships. Not only that, but you're probably missing out on some awesome girls. Add to that the fact that it's extremely shallow to base the success, or rather, continuing a relationship, on how soon you get laid.

All i can say is good luck OP in your relationship endeavor. I hope you find what you're looking for, but my guess is with that kind of thinking, you're not going to.:P

That being said i chose unlimited because, frankly, relationships shouldnt be based on how soon you have sex. Now how GOOD the sex is may be a different story.:P:D

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, all used up, and loudly proclaiming: Wow, what a ride!

I have these oddball ideas about compatible sense of humor; mutual interests; intelligence; personality; lack of bad habits; and a host of other things that can not be measured like money and frequency of intercourse.

This may be more applicable to the "after a few dates" stage: I'd say the biggest criterion is being able to spend long times together with neither one of you getting pissed at the other. Mutual interests, etc., etc. are fine, but if you're getting pissed at each other a lot fairly early on, and ignore it, all you're doing is setting yourselves up to enrich a couple of divorce lawyers some day.

P.S., the warning signs are usually there w/i the 1st couple of dates - you just have to be willing to see them.

I'd say the biggest criterion is being able to spend long times together with neither one of you getting pissed at the other. Mutual interests, etc., etc. are fine, but if you're getting pissed at each other a lot fairly early on, and ignore it, all you're doing is setting yourselves up to enrich a couple of divorce lawyers some day.

Really? You get pissed at women on first or second dates? I am one of the most particular people I know when it comes to dating, but I cannot recall a single guy I've been on a first or second date with that pissed me off (and I am very capable of being pissed off). It's a first date. I'm just not that invested in the guy to have him upset me that much. The things that would piss me off a month into a relationship just make me laugh on a first date. I think the closest I ever came was a date that ran a red light after I told him it was red about three times. But I basically thought "idiot" and didn't go out with him again.

I was with you for the first part - "the biggest criterion is being able to spend long times together." I'd just add, "and enjoy it."

How how GOOD the sex is may be a different story.:P:D

I agree. My initial point being that the sex needs to be good or the relationship won't survive. BTW...this $200 rule comes after a divorce and spending evenings in the dating world. Old news now.

So I wanted to find out if the sex was going to be any good rather quickly before I invested a ton of money.

Be honest...you can tell if a person is compatible with you pretty quickly.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Keep in mind that I play these things conservatively, but as a woman, the more a man tries to spend on me early on the less likely he is to get it anytime soon. . . . just that no one should be trying that hard on a first date and I don't like it when I feel like some guy is trying to "buy me".

I think you're very normal, and you just voiced something I've intuited for years. Trying too hard smacks of desperation. Being casual and yourself puts women at ease.:)
Perhaps women really do like long walks on the beach, sitting in front of a fire and other cozy romantic moments. What a concept.;):D

I like girls who fuck on the first date.

Well . . . DUH.:P:D

I'm at the other end of that spectrum.

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

I have an instinctive lack of desire for easy women. I figure if they jump in the sack with someone quickly, it is likely because they don't have the personality, intelligence, charm, warmth and other things that would attract someone. They jump in with easy sex because it is all they have.

Obviously, this doesn't have to be true. It's just my instinctive position on the matter. I prefer a woman who considers a physical relationship something that follows a real relationship; not begins it.

I suppose the woman could also be jumping into sex for the same reason most guys do. It's all they want. In which case, I'm still out.

Just me.

There is a difference between playful, easy and just wanting to because they feel close.

Do not make the mistake of thinking that if a woman CHOOSES to want sex sooner than you have heard is appropriate, that means nothing other than she wanted to.

It does not mean she is easy, a skank, or anything other than that.

Some women actually know what they want, and may have higher morals than you would believe.

They also could choose to have sex because they want to show they care and are affectionate.

This question confuses me. Either you're out for a one night stand, in which case you should be maybe buying a couple drinks if you're chivalrous/old-fashioned (delete as appropriate), or you're looking for more, in which case if you're worrying about the money you're spending then the future's not looking too bright.
My skydiving - http://unstable-exits.blogspot.com/