Zep

Ferile dogs ( Some fucking dog owners make me sick)

16 of my free range chickens and a cockrell were killed by two dogs,
those doge were not from the village.
As the crisis hits harder and harder people from the city are abandoning thier dogs
in the country side with the misguided asumption that the dogs will fend for them selves.
A dog abandoned in the wild will revert to a wild dog when hunger strikes,
So please if you cannot for what ever reason look after your dog have it put down
or take it to a reconised animal shelter.
Today I shot two perfectly healthy dogs that were hungry

I am sick and fucking tired of shooting abandoned dogs.

Gone fishing

as a broker that handles REO properties (real estate owned, a.k.a bank owned) we have seen many simply left behind. so many, we have the various animal control agencies in our phones. :(

Here in the big cities they have patrols for strays but I'm way out in the sticks.
I gave up phoning the police or rural agents as all they say is it's not thier concern
till a stray bits a human, then often as not they'll say, if you see the dog shoot it.

I'm afraid Spain is in some aspects years behind other countries.

Gone fishing

i hear ya, we live up in the desert, East of Los Angeles. The "cities" here have animal control, but drive just a few miles, and you've sometimes got to "handle" it yourself.

Here in the big cities they have patrols for strays but I'm way out in the sticks.
I gave up phoning the police or rural agents as all they say is it's not thier concern
till a stray bits a human, then often as not they'll say, if you see the dog shoot it.

I'm afraid Spain is in some aspects years behind other countries.

Ask mnealtx about animal control in Kosovo. We've both see it firsthand.

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

16 of my free range chickens and a cockrell were killed by two dogs,
those doge were not from the village.
As the crisis hits harder and harder people from the city are abandoning thier dogs
in the country side with the misguided asumption that the dogs will fend for them selves.
A dog abandoned in the wild will revert to a wild dog when hunger strikes,
So please if you cannot for what ever reason look after your dog have it put down
or take it to a reconised animal shelter.
Today I shot two perfectly healthy dogs that were hungry

I am sick and fucking tired of shooting abandoned dogs.

You have several other options

1) Call animal control and have them picked up.

2) Feed them something besides your chickens, then they won't be hungry anymore.

3) Install a better fence.

4) Quit cher bitchin and serve them puppies up on the menu.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

"3) Install a better fence.

4) Quit cher bitchin and serve them puppies up on the menu."

3) I'd need 20.5/16 miles of fence, (13000 sq acres) YOU BUY IT.
4) I thought about it but as of yet we do not have Veitnamese customers
and personally I find Retrievers or German sheperds to tougfor my palet.

If you had botherd to do a search you'd find that I DO TAKE IN STRAYS AND ABANDONED DOGS
I also place as many puppies as I can.

Your sarcasim is about par for the course.

Gone fishing

Does it cost money to have a dog picked up?
If a person shoots a dog, what do they do with the body? (Yum, tastes like chicken…)
Is it legal to shoot a dog?

Animals from the Humane Society/Animal Shelter have electronic chips in them... in case they are lost...? or maybe in case they are 'shot in error'…

"Admit nothing, deny everything, and make counter accusations ASAP (As Soon As Possible).” :P

Does it cost money to have a dog picked up?
If a person shoots a dog, what do they do with the body? (Yum, tastes like chicken…)
Is it legal to shoot a dog?

Animals from the Humane Society/Animal Shelter have electronic chips in them... in case they are lost...? or maybe in case they are 'shot in error'…

"Admit nothing, deny everything, and make counter accusations ASAP (As Soon As Possible).” :P

If I call our local dog pound (148 miles away ) they will charge to pick them up.

When I have to shoot a dog or fox I'll either burn or bury it depending on the terrain.

If a dog is on my land and I deem that dog to be worrying my livestock I can lawfully shoot it
and then inform the local council who post a notice informing anyone who bothers to read it
that a dog (with a brief discription) was shot on such and such date at such and such location.

I do not make a habit of shooting dogs but if they kill my livestock, well you know the rest.

Gone fishing

do you mean "feral"?

:P

febrile might have fitted to, so I was asking

let's go with both

Damn feral febrile dogs - get off my land

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Feral is in Spain? I thought he was still in Australia? In any case please do not shoot him, he might look like a wild stray but he is just an Oz base jumper ;)

"If this post needs to be moderated I would prefer it to be completly removed and not edited and butchered into a disney movie" - DorkZone Hero