npgraphicdesign

Making my biggest & most significant jump this June...

...not the airplane kind ya fools. :P

I'm relocating to NYC to live and work. So far, I've been living in a comfortable zone in CT, teaching full time and enjoying 4+ months vacation out of the year. But I realize that professionally I'm not evolving and I'm slowly plateauing in my work. So, I'll be relocating to NYC in June regardless of whether I have a job or not. I'm starting to job search early April, but having a little bit of money saved up, I'm moving regardless. Comfort zones and 4+ months vacation be damned! :D :ph34r:

Any words of advice? :o:P

I grew up in NY and i would say don't move to Manhattan if you don't have a job lined up it's crazy expensive. i would move to Queens or Brooklyn.

Where did you grow up?

And yes Brooklyn is my #1 destination. Partially because of cost, partially because I know many people there, and partially because I'm Russian. :P:D

and partially because I'm Russian.

I heard there's a lot of Russians there. I bet you can get a damn good bowl of cabbage soup there.:P

I hear it goes well with that fermented & distilled potato juice.:ph34r:
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

And yes Brooklyn is my #1 destination.

BK baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just don't move to BedSty ;)

isnt that wwhere everyone's armed!? i know a couple SC-guys that would claim that is what it makes it safe!
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

NYC!
Cool! You are going to like it...I hope.
It's a nice little town....after visiting China and a few cities there all other cities are "little towns".
But yeah if you are a single guy you will love it!
The number of very attractive girls in NYC is amazing! Especially if you can find a place to crash in Brooklyn.
As for jobs......no clue mate. This economy is really messed up. I'm sure you can find A job but will it be THE job? who knows? I wish you the best. Odds are you will do well and have a great time!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

First of all welcome to the big apple! Before you jump into something in Brooklyn do some research. A handful of areas in Brooklyn have become very " hot" places to live , meaning that they are not that much less than manhattan to make the commute worth it. Some areas of Brooklyn will take you almost an hour to reach manhattan by mass transit. Weigh your options and ask questions before you sign a lease, I know a girl that is stuck in an overpriced place because she assumed Brooklyn was the way to go. When you get settled message me and we can hook up for a beer or ten! Good luck with your future endeavors!
Wait , I pull what first?

First of all welcome to the big apple! Before you jump into something in Brooklyn do some research. A handful of areas in Brooklyn have become very " hot" places to live , meaning that they are not that much less than manhattan to make the commute worth it. Some areas of Brooklyn will take you almost an hour to reach manhattan by mass transit. Weigh your options and ask questions before you sign a lease, I know a girl that is stuck in an overpriced place because she assumed Brooklyn was the way to go. When you get settled message me and we can hook up for a beer or ten! Good luck with your future endeavors!

Thanks brotha! Maybe after moving to NYC and struggling to find a job, I'll need those beers...:D

It's "different" but you may like it.
There are quite a few DZ's not too far from NYC.
So it should be fun! :)

Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

And yes Brooklyn is my #1 destination.

BK baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just don't move to BedSty ;)

isnt that wwhere everyone's armed!? i know a couple SC-guys that would claim that is what it makes it safe!

Yeah only they're all armed illegally... ;)
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

A handful of areas in Brooklyn have become very " hot" places to live , meaning that they are not that much less than manhattan to make the commute worth it.

Yep.... Dumbo, Park Slope, Downtown, and parts of Williamsburg to name a few....

I lived in Park Slope area, if you look hard you could still probably get LUCKY.
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

It's crazy how Williamsburg is spreading! No one wants to live in bed stuy so they just started calling they edges of it Williamsburg. They are building condos that would have been considered bed stuy a few years ago but they're advertised as Williamsburg!
Wait , I pull what first?