PalmettoTiger

World Trade Center attacked

Humm... well after seeing the recruit, when cnn says:

"Interrogators are using "all appropriate pressure" to extract information from the al Qaeda operations chief, officials said. "

I wonder if they are hooking them up to a battery charger or any of that other cruel crap.

Watch this hand . . .while the other hand is doing something completely different.

I don't understand how this would work.

Khalid Mohammed is not some little pawn that was surrendered as a distraction. This is THE GUY who actually engineered the attacks of 9/11. Not Osama. Osama has the $$$ and is the leader of Al Quaeda, but that doesn't mean he does all the planning & that he doesn't delegate authority.

I'm afraid that with all the focus on Osama, a lot of people out there will think that terrorism begins & ends with him. I remember reading one letter to the BBC by a viewer( soon after the war began in Afghanistan) who wrote: "I don't understand why there's all this effort over one man." :S
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

I wonder if they are hooking them up to a battery charger or any of that other cruel crap.

Seeing as how a bleeding heart like Alan Dershowitz has come out in favour of legitimizing torture in certain circumstances - and I believe he would call this one of the circumstances he had in mind - I certainly hope they are doing whatever they need to do to make this piece of scum talk.

Who knows what al-Qaida has planned? Certainly Khalid does and whatever it takes to make him sing like a canary is fine by me.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

he looks like ron jeremy after a bad take

LOL, we've been talking about that at the office all day!:D

Seeing as how a bleeding heart like Alan Dershowitz has come out in favour of legitimizing torture in certain circumstances

Physical torture doesn't work. The US has been very successfull with other types of interrogation, such as treating them well and making them think you are their friend. When that doesn't work you just ask them the same questions over and over in different ways until you figure out where they are lying. It takes longer but you get better and more truthful results.

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do." Ben Franklin

hmmmm, when I saw that picture, the first thing that came to mind was "TOGA!! TOGA!! TOGA!!":D

RE. torture...I just heard them say on the news that what they're using is sensory deprivation (You fly or drive him to some undisclosed location so that he has no idea where he is), and sleep deprivation (allowed only 4 hrs sleep/24 hrs, doesnt have to be all at once) & interrogation. This is far more likely to yield better info than the physical pain kind of torture.

Of course they could bring him to downtown New York, and charge New Yorkers 5 bucks a piece to kick him in the ass. Might help to offset the war budget.
Speed Racer

charge New Yorkers 5 bucks a piece to kick him in the ass. Might help to offset the war budget.

I'll give them $20 if they'll bring him to Texas so I could hit him with an axe handle...seriously.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I heard that this arrest is in some ways even better than getting bin Laden or Zawahiri, because while bin Laden & Zawahiri are the leaders & the focus of Al Quaeda's idealogy, it was actually Khalid Mohammed who was really in charge of orchestrating terrorist attacks.
Speed Racer

I heard that this arrest is in some ways even better than getting bin Laden or Zawahiri

I've been reading about that today, I tend to agree, to a point. Although it would be nice to nail their ideological leaders to the wall too!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

well, yeah definitely. I think that the general public might not fully appreciate how significant this arrest was. But when we finally get bin Laden, there will probably be dancing in the streets, fireworks, people skipping work early, skydiving, beer, boobies, etc.
Speed Racer

And I thought I was the only person who thought that!

lolol ya but i bet that fawker can't suck his vagina:D
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

And ya know what....he's never going to look that good again. And he deserves it.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey