Nataly

Today I'm counting my blessings...

My boyfriend was in the cafe next to Argana...

Just makes you re-evaluate what really matters in life.
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Hopefully he is not being looked for being the one responsible...

:S The police would have a hard time tracking down and interviewing the thousands of people in the square during the explosion...

When I finally got through to him yesterday I was so relieved... I know he goes to that cafe all the time...

Honestly, we go through life feeling upset about such stupid stuff... We should spend more time focusing on what we *do* have because in an instant everything can change. I feel for the poor bastards who were in the wrong place at the wrong time yesterday - I just can't understand how anyone would want to bring this kind of tragedy into the lives of so many people. [:/] It's really sad.
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

My boyfriend was in the cafe next to Argana...

Just makes you re-evaluate what really matters in life.

7 hours of tunnel time. THAT'S what really matters:)

BTW Glad ya mates not dead or hurt:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I never got these Arabs and blowing themselves up?
Maybe it's because I'm Persian. But really? I mean really?
Blow your self up get a hand full of Virgins?
Who the hell wants ONE virgin! Let alone what 70?
I wish these morons would just off themselves out in the desert. Genetic dead ends.

Glad your boy friend is OK.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

I never got these Arabs and blowing themselves up?
Maybe it's because I'm Persian. But really? I mean really?
Blow your self up get a hand full of Virgins?
Who the hell wants ONE virgin! Let alone what 70?
I wish these morons would just off themselves out in the desert. Genetic dead ends.

Glad your boy friend is OK.

… Presented by former CIA spy, Robert Baer, who returns to a former theatre of operations, the Middle East, to trace the origins of the modern day bomber.
There is no good news here for the fearful and uncertain in the West, but Baer does present a clear landscape of where and how the “pathological virus” has thrived and from whence its notions of honour and glory emerged.
The first film starts with the fascinating story of the world’s first suicide bomber, who arose in the Iran-Iraq war and is now a hero in Iran.

Hossein Fahmideh was a tender 13-year-old in 1980, when he threw himself under an Iraqi tank and blew up himself and the tank’s occupants. His highly decorated grave is in the graveyard of martyrs just outside Tehran, which Baer visits. “Like the city of the dead” he says.

Baer points out that the suicide of such martyrs was different from today’s in that it was a battlefield strategy in an often gruesome trench war. Those Iranians who knowingly killed themselves would have done so in conditions where death or serious injury was a likelihood anyway, and for a cause around which an entire nation was rallying.

Hossein Fahmideh was Iranian.
Isn't Iran what was once known as "Persia"?
Ref: http://instantworlddomination.com/islam/cult-of-the-suicide-bomber-part-1/
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Yes Iran was once known as Persia.
It's name was changed to appease Hitler.
Iran = Arian
Go figure right?
And then the Arabs came in and they really didn't like the Persian culture and really liked the name Iran.
So go figure.
But yeah, I remember that story from back when I was a little kid in Iran.
It was not a fun place to be a kid. [:/]

Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

I can understand how children can be brainwashed... I can't understand the monsters who teach these children [:/]

Those monsters were children once too. Someone taught them.

You know, I thought about that... That the perpetrators were once brainwashed as well and that it was all a vicious cycle... Except that I believe there is a point in your life where you cannot just keep doing/thinking what you were taught without being responsible for your own actions.

There is a point where you *are* able to critically evaluate/question things. Children cannot do this, but adults can.
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

The Iran Iraq war cost each side 1million people.
It was not a "nice" war. It was dirty very much like WW1.

Why this kid did what he did all those years back? And why all those guys did what they did?
We can argue that they were being patriotic for it was during a time of war.
But in a time of peace? To kill civilians?
Bad karma.

I can understand how children can be brainwashed... I can't understand the monsters who teach these children [:/]

Those monsters were children once too. Someone taught them.

You know, I thought about that... That the perpetrators were once brainwashed as well and that it was all a vicious cycle... Except that I believe there is a point in your life where you cannot just keep doing/thinking what you were taught without being responsible for your own actions.

There is a point where you *are* able to critically evaluate/question things. Children cannot do this, but adults can.

You are only able to think critically if you have been taught to do so.

North Korea is a great (although rather extreme) example of this. The people have been indocrinated for their entire lives that the government must be in complete control of everything. That's all they know.
Many of the refugees that escape can't grasp the concept of free markets, capitalism, or even free speech. They didn't like what they left behind, but are moving into a world that is entirely alien to what they know.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

You are only able to think critically if you have been taught to do so.

I don't really agree with this, but one thing I will say is that when all your options are bad (or when you can't think of or imagine other options), I can see how any kind of reform would be difficult. [:/]
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

We hunt our own kind? :(

People create systems and then (I am told) a system can grow a heart beat of it's own, and the system then runs the people. (Time for updates to systems.)

KISS (Keep It Simple and Safe), remember there is always exceptions to a rule.

My Blessings: Clothes on my back, roof over my head, and food on the table... thank you to...
(open-for-interpretation)

In every moment, we have info downloaded to us. Use the de-brief, "Change it, Shrug it, or Accept it" for the next moment.

Blue Skies and best wishes to you and your own. B|