millertime24

Cobalt openings after H-Mod

Much better.B|

What's an "H" mod?

There have been threads about it in the past years.
Look at the video again and watch for black triangular panels in the nose.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

The openings look great to me - I like em slow and smooth like that, just rarely get them!

One comment I have to throw out there though........you don't seem to be much into checking your airspace at all - during your track or prior to or during opening, you seem to be looking straight ahead or at the ground the whole time, no head moevement to the side, and definitely no looking above you or barrel-rolling prior to opening. I really think that is something you should work on.

Stay safe!

Hobbes: "How come we play 'War' and not 'Peace'?"
Calvin: "Too few role models."

Please don't start the whole barrel roll discussion again. It has been beat to death and will hopefully stay dead.

But we all can use a reminder to be more aware on break off to watch for others in the sky.:)

50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

Please don't start the whole barrel roll discussion again. It has been beat to death and will hopefully stay dead.

Damn;[:/]
I had just fired up a fresh batch of popcorn.:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Is that really the proper way to stow the brakeline on that rig?
It looks as if you have a keeper on the other side of the riser

There's a ton of ways to stow the brake lines. The whole idea is so you don't have a big loop of line floating around to grab things with, or to get wrapped around a toggle. Watching the video, it looks like the lines are stowed in a way that would prevent those situations from happening easily.

Comes down to what works best for you, and being consistent. If in doubt, ask a rigger to check it out.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Damn;[:/]
I had just fired up a fresh batch of popcorn.:D

Why? We all know that the only way to safely clear your airspace is to track in a circle on your back.

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

But we all can use a reminder to be more aware on break off to watch for others in the sky.:)

Yeh, especially the assholes who are barrel-rolling when it's time to track. :D

I missed the whole barrel roll discussion, but the video shows a pretty consistent "tunnel vision" from breakoff until after opening is complete, and that is not a good thing. Whatever your chosen technique is, like you said, we all need to be looking around for others and confirming we have clear air before, during and after opening.
Peace!

Hobbes: "How come we play 'War' and not 'Peace'?"
Calvin: "Too few role models."

I call BS. >:( When I barrel roll during my track I actually gain altitude, just like a plane!!! :P
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

A rigger showed me that method on those risers (not the same risers that came with the rig). After several hundred jumps doing it this way I still haven't had any issues, and its way easier (elastic on the back is much tighter).

And for looking more during tracking; Yes I probably should be turning my head a bit more, but remember you can only see what the camera sees not what my eyeballs see. So yes. I will make an effort to do a better job looking around in the future.
Muff #5048

I call BS. >:( When I barrel roll during my track I actually gain altitude, just like a plane!!! :P

Kind of funny you bring that up. A couple of guys that were at the tunnel last week had people watching them go up and down in the tunnel. I shit you not, one of them asked "why can't you just do that in the sky and stay up as long as you want". The skydiver said "you can! the record is like 2 hours at altitude, but you get really tired after a while.":D:D:D:D
Muff #5048

A rigger showed me that method on those risers (not the same risers that came with the rig). After several hundred jumps doing it this way I still haven't had any issues, and its way easier (elastic on the back is much tighter).

And for looking more during tracking; Yes I probably should be turning my head a bit more, but remember you can only see what the camera sees not what my eyeballs see. So yes. I will make an effort to do a better job looking around in the future.

My openings are pretty much Identical including the end cell closures.

A couple of guys that were at the tunnel last week had people watching them go up and down in the tunnel. I shit you not, one of them asked "why can't you just do that in the sky and stay up as long as you want". The skydiver said "you can! the record is like 2 hours at altitude, but you get really tired after a while.":D:D:D:D

The skydiver should have slapped himself in the forehead:
"Shit! I just realized! I don't need the damned tunnel! I can just go outdoors and do this!":S