tbrown

Overrated Crap

The DOORS

apart from Roadhouse Blues, most of their stuff is way over rated, include Hendricks and Led Zeplin in that too.
Both Zep and Jimmy were self indulgent wankers, WAY over rated

I don't like The Doors either. Maybe it's because I'm a dyed in the wool Deadhead, or maybe it's because "St. Jim" was just EVIL.

But I would encourage you to give ONE listen to "Hendrix at the Fillmore East". It's an expanded - and superior version of "Band of Gypsies", from the same two nights at Bill Graham's rock palace in NYC. The PLAYING is really quite stupendous. By 1970, Hendrix had left the theatricality behind and was PLAYING some simply incredible shit. He was even in talks with Miles Davis about recording a record together at the time of his death - and it's real tragedy the two of them never did.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

include Hendricks and Led Zeplin in that too.
Both Zep and Jimmy were self indulgent wankers, WAY over rated

But I would encourage you to give ONE listen to "Hendrix at the Fillmore East". It's an expanded - and superior version of "Band of Gypsies", from the same two nights at Bill Graham's rock palace in NYC. The PLAYING is really quite stupendous. By 1970, Hendrix had left the theatricality behind and was PLAYING some simply incredible shit. He was even in talks with Miles Davis about recording a record together at the time of his death - and it's real tragedy the two of them never did.

Hey Tom, look how he spelled "Jimi" and "Hendrix" wrong. He MUST have meant someone else.:P:D

I still hold Jimi in high regard. You're right, he was getting tired of the Psychedelic persona and was wanting to move on. I heard his manager was the one holding him back. Of all the musicians that didn't survive the 60's and early 70's, Hendrix was the one I missed the most.

Pssst;
He also misspelled Zeppelin.

Badmouthing Led Zeppelin, Hendrix, and the Doors in one post?
I say we have no choice but to burn the heretic.>:(

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

The Who, the Stones and Fleetwood Mac (prior to buckingham nicks) were my late 60s early 70s music iconsB|

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Good choices all.

You know Pete Townsend was in awe of Jimi. ;)

that's only because he was tripin;)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

The Who, the Stones and Fleetwood Mac (prior to buckingham nicks) were my late 60s early 70s music iconsB|

My wife just picked up the latest Stevie Nicks pile of crap...:| Waste of time, money and the plastic it was burned onto.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Now get the Hell off my lawn ya bunch of whippersnappers! >:(

Hey, lets make the old man's lawn our new DZ... only one rule: all trash stays except the drunk, naked, and passed out women.

Can't have him getting excited and having a heart attack.:P
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

"The Sixth Sense"

I am amazed at how many people think this is a great movie. It's a boring piece of shit. Just because it has a suprise shocker at the end it's like... "OMG Bruce Willis was one of the dead people the whole time and diudn't know it!!!!" So fricking what. Yeah, it was a cool twist but it doesn't make the whole movie good.

BY FAR the most overrated movie I know of.

"Top Gun" has that beat by a very long way... jumped up, egotistical tosser vehicle from start to end.

Yeah, but those tossers were all hot, and they wore uniforms, and they played volleyball bare-chested :)
Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

• Working for a living

• *Sigh*... If only we could all avoid this one... :D:D
    "There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
    - Chris Hadfield
    « Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
    - my boss

• Working for a living

• *Sigh*... If only we could all avoid this one... :D:D

You should meet Ken. He's my scuba instructor. He does courses every day of the week and generally dives 4 times a day. He loves it, so it's not like work, its just doing what he loves, and getting paid for it.

Now, I work hard for my money (:):D) but if I didn't enjoy the work I do (when I actually DO work) I wouldn't care how much they paid me, I would probably be outta here.

(posted from my hotel room in Waikiki, yup... hard work!)
    "I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
    DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
    I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Jeeze no... "Top Gun" has that beat by a very long way... jumped up, egotistical tosser vehicle from start to end.

Best Navy recruiting commercial EVER. :D I heard their enlistment rate soared after that movie came out. :D

Overrated Crap? $5 fancy latte mocha coffees. Crap, give me a $2 (or less) cup of hot black coffee and quit being so foo-foo about it.:S:P

I enjoy a cappucino or espresso over in Europe, but it's a whole different thing over there. As Americans, we've once again taken a nice little thing and super-sized the hell out of it. :P

OMG, it's like you're reading my mind!!! :D:D

The last time I went into a Starbucks I must have stared at the overwhelming menu for like 10 minutes, anxiously trying to figure out what half the stuff on there was... Finally, I apologetically said: "sorry.. Is it possible to just get a coffee with milk and sugar?" She stared blankly at me and sighed at my deep ignorance... "Will that be a grande, super grande, or uber grande??" (Or something equally incomprehensible.)

I muttered another apology and left, profusely apologising as I did so... :S:|

- Chris Hadfield
    - my boss

OMG, it's like you're reading my mind!!! :D:D

The last time I went into a Starbucks I must have stared at the overwhelming menu for like 10 minutes, anxiously trying to figure out what half the stuff on there was... Finally, I apologetically said: "sorry.. Is it possible to just get a coffee with milk and sugar?" She stared blankly at me and sighed at my deep ignorance... "Will that be a grande, super grande, or uber grande??" (Or something equally incomprehensible.)

I muttered another apology and left, profusely apologising as I did so... :S:|

Apoligize???[:/][:/]

You should have done what we done here in the U.S.A. Jump on the counter shouting profanities, kicking the cash registers to the back wall and causing destruction in general.
    Then jump down to the floor and get in a girl fight as you walk out. Video will be posted in no time.:D

But now I remember your Canadian.:)

Apoligize???[:/][:/]

You should have done what we done here in the U.S.A. Jump on the counter shouting profanities, kicking the cash registers to the back wall and causing destruction in general.
    Then jump down to the floor and get in a girl fight as you walk out. Video will be posted in no time.:D

But now I remember your Canadian.:)

Canadians... They're overrated too!!! :o:D
    - Chris Hadfield
    - my boss