nigel99

Woman agrees with Shah...

"I am in a long term relationship now, there is no need to continue to putting effort into looking nice".

Generally, it seems to be a woman's goal in life.
Snag a sucker so they can quit with the primping.

Funny how and why so many women do that.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

"I am in a long term relationship now, there is no need to continue to putting effort into looking nice".

Generally, it seems to be a woman's goal in life.
Snag a sucker so they can quit with the primping.

You realize that you are now squarely in the dog box with Shah!
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

You say that like you think I'm going to miss out on something in the future. Don't get my hopes up.
[:/]

You say that like you think I'm going to miss out on something in the future. Don't get my hopes up.

You love all the women pampering and dotting over you. You just need to keep up the old man act, besides now Copeland is out of town you don't have so much competition.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Society likes women to be nice and accomodating. Many women grow up learning to deal with supressing their emotions by eating. So, maybe it's not so much that she's quit trying; maybe she's just trying to cope with being in an unfulfilling or disappointing relationship.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

So.....
It's the guys fault?

How about she WALK! Or better yet not get into an unfufilling or disappointing relationship.

The poor guy has no clue WTF is wrong, he's just doing his best and wondering why his wife is packing no the pounds as if she is waiting for an ice age.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

So.....
It's the guys fault?

How about she WALK! Or better yet not get into an unfufilling or disappointing relationship.

The poor guy has no clue WTF is wrong, he's just doing his best and wondering why his wife is packing no the pounds as if she is waiting for an ice age.

you constantly amaze me with your complete and utter fucktardiness:D:D:D

Each day you just get worse and worse:D:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

So.....
It's the guys fault?

Maybe she was waiting for hell to freeze over and you to remove your head from your fourth point of contact?
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Look I'm tired of this shit where it's always the guys fault.
WTF is this Life Time?
Unhappy go see a therapist, really unhappy leave before things get too serious.
Ah what ever....i fracking give up i'm tired of this.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

Have you ever thought about emigrating to one of those Muslim countries.
you probably wont find a size six but at least you'll be the boss.
I'm thinking Afganistan. some little village with only dial up.

Gone fishing

I have no clue where you guys are getting this but it's not about being the boss of anyone.....it's about caring about the person you are with and respecting your own body.
You know what.....maybe it's me. I think I'm projecting here. I'm not seeing the world with a clear view considering my past experience.
I'm sorry. I think I will stop now on this subject.

Society likes women to be nice and accomodating.

Well, you've identified one cause right there. If you live your life according to what "society" thinks you need to do, then you have to take whatever "society" throws at you.

I prefer people who can stand on their own two feet.
I prefer women to be woman on their own.
I prefer men to be men on their own.
(...don't go there, 'Ski.:D)

Many women grow up learning to deal with supressing their emotions by eating.

I wouldn't argue that point at all. I would say, Unfortunately, it's true."

So, maybe it's not so much that she's quit trying; maybe she's just trying to cope with being in an unfulfilling or disappointing relationship.

I'm sure that's true in many cases just as many other reasons are equally as often true. I'm sure that it's equally true for men, too.

Please don't get the idea I am hammering on women. We're simply discussing one aspect of relationships. And I agree that both men and women have faults.

IMO, relationships are all too often much more complicated than need be. It's the baggage that's brought into it that causes the problems.

I prefer men to be men on their own.

Please don't get the idea I am hammering on women.

We know you're not 'hammering' any women... but ya really are starting to worry me. :P:D
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

IMO, relationships are all too often much more complicated than need be. It's the baggage that's brought into it that causes the problems.

I definitely agree with you there. When a relationship fails, one needs to analyze what his/her part of the breakdown was and try not to repeat those mistakes. As my dad always told me, when you point your finger at someone else, you have 3 fingers pointing right back at you. It's a bitter pill to swallow sometimes.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I definitely agree with you there. When a relationship fails, one needs to analyze what his/her part of the breakdown was and try not to repeat those mistakes. As my dad always told me, when you point your finger at someone else, you have 3 fingers pointing right back at you. It's a bitter pill to swallow sometimes.

Everything here is oh so true. We have to learn from our mistakes to become better people. Constantly blaming everyone else for problems only makes matters worse. Sure someone might have done something, that you cannot control. What you can control is your reaction and how you deal with what ever it was. :)
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

Don't wish to hijack or make it too personal.
But what do you do if you don't know?
All of my friends and family can't figure out what happened with me and my X and I'm no wiser.
One day I'm the best husband in the world and we are organizing a trip to New Orleans and then three days later I get a text saying "I want a divorce."
You know the hell that puts a guys mind in?
NO info, just a total disconnect from reality of what was.
Thoughts? [:/]

Don't wish to hijack or make it too personal.
All of my friends and family can't figure out what happened with me and my X and I'm no wiser.
One day I'm the best husband in the world and we are organizing a trip to New Orleans and then three days later I get a text saying "I want a divorce."

did you ASK?

Sounds like a communication break down on both sides. Remember no one can read anyone elses minds. That is not one sided, both men and women are very much guilty of not always either listening or properly saying what we are feeling.

It is quite possible that

A.) she gave signs and you just did not pick up on them.
B.) she did not clearly express how she was feeling in a way that you clearly understood how un happy she really was.
C.) all of the above

People change, our priorities change and our lives change. Sometimes it is no fault of our own things go to shit. The only way to avoid this is to always keep lines of communication wide open. This takes effort from both sides.

Guys do that to women as well, and remember by nature most women tend to analyze the shit out of everything :ph34r: So I am willing to bet we have a clue what guys go through, we do it too, sometimes worse :$

The whole thing is sometimes there is just nothing that can be done and relationships can break down if there was not a stable foundation in place to begin with. Relationships are hard, require a lot of communication and pure honesty, and dont always go the way that we want them to. Sometimes our best is not what will work.

At that point the best you can do is try to be a better you, maybe learn to communicate clearer, listen better and understand people sometimes are not even sure what is going on in our own minds :ph34r:

Edited to add option C
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

did you ASK?

Yes, even quickly got us into counseling.
was told nothing.
And I get it constantly..."Wow what happened"
Close friends and family have no clue.
No one does other than her and she's not telling.
So I as the dumb guy am left with no answers.

did you ASK?

Yes, even quickly got us into counseling.
was told nothing.

Well then that is a huge mistake on her part. Just to be clear I'm not saying it's all her fault & you were perfect. But you can't expect somebody to fix something if you can't tell them what it is. That's like calling a repairman but not telling him what in your house is broken. this doesnt really help with the whole "fix what you did wrong in your past relationship" thing. but i would just suggest that you pretend it didnt happen & dont treat all women as if they're the same way.

Well then that is a huge mistake on her part. Just to be clear I'm not saying it's all her fault & you were perfect. But you can't expect somebody to fix something if you can't tell them what it is. That's like calling a repairman but not telling him what in your house is broken. this doesnt really help with the whole "fix what you did wrong in your past relationship" thing. but i would just suggest that you pretend it didnt happen & dont treat all women as if they're the same way.

Welcome to my world. 4 days....from the post I made in the "ladies room" where I stated I was called "The best husband ever" ( i was just doing what I thought was right as a husband and a dude) to 4 days later get a text message of "i want a divorce"

Sorry didn't mean to be a total downer.

Welcome to my world. 4 days....from the post I made in the "ladies room" where I stated I was called "The best husband ever" ( i was just doing what I thought was right as a husband and a dude) to 4 days later get a text message of "i want a divorce"

Sorry didn't mean to be a total downer.

saying "bitches be crazy" might get me a spanking from skymama. but sometimes its true. maybe she actually did have some problems & couldnt fix them within herself with you in the picture. Or maybe it really was all your fault & she just doesnt want to tell you. but my suggestion of not treating all women as if they're like your ex still holds. None of us are her so dont hold the rest of us accountable for her mistakes & problems.