NickDG

Winter Bike Project . . .

Finished up the new seat and test rode it. This one will work as it's custom made for my butt, LOL! I went charging up a hill getting on Nina pretty hard and I was just hanging on with my fingertips. This seat finally has enough kick up to hold me in!

Gee, if nothing breaks I guess I'm done wrenching for a while . . .

NickD :)

That was the problem when I built my rigid. The rear of the seat is to low and if I don't put something on the fender I slide back. Doesn't take long to wear you out.
It's a gift, I don't try to explain it.

Finished up the new seat and test rode it. This one will work as it's custom made for my butt, LOL! I went charging up a hill getting on Nina pretty hard and I was just hanging on with my fingertips. This seat finally has enough kick up to hold me in!

Gee, if nothing breaks I guess I'm done wrenching for a while . . .

That was the problem when I built my rigid. The rear of the seat is to low and if I don't put something on the fender I slide back. Doesn't take long to wear you out.

which is why all my bikes have back rest for solo seats...B| (solo bitch bars?)
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v400/onekick/Bikes/?action=view&current=006-7.jpg

Yeah, I saw that right before this year's cross country Cannonball race (for bikes 1915 and earlier.)

Besides being so very cool, I realized now I knew where Harley got that idea for the Rocker's ugly ass passenger seat.

Just back from a long ride on Nina and digging it was over 80 degrees in Los Angeles today! What are you guys back East doing, are you bundled up in your Snuggies sipping hot chocolate? LOL!

Nina and me had our first roadside breakdown today . . .

I was going down the 210 freeway around Monrovia and I heard a funny noise that was getting worse. So I looked down and behind my right leg and was horrified to see my battery about to slip under my rear tire. I wasn't sure I would make the next exit so I pulled over to the side of the freeway.

There was never anything holding that battery in place, it was just wedged under the solenoid on the top and the rear fender on the other side. But it was pretty tight and didn't seem like it would move. And it stayed in place for about two months. But today the bottom end of the battery kicked out and off the little shelf I welded in for it to sit on.

So I shoved it back into place but it was too loose to stay there. So I tried using my belt to secure it but there was no way to get a good wrap on it. So I'm looking at it and scratching my head when another Harley pulled in behind me. It was a young guy about thirty. "Need some help?" He says.

I laughed and said, "I need some duct tape!"

"No problem," he said, "I'll be right back!"

And off he went.

Twenty minutes later he returned with a brand new roll of duct tape and between the two of us we managed to cobble enough of it around the battery to hold it in place.

"What do I owe you for the tape?" I asked reaching for my wallet.

"Nothing," and he smiled, "just stop and help the next guy on a motorcycle you see broke down."

I assured him I would and off he went.

Harley riders! What else can you say!

Nina and me had our first roadside breakdown today . . .

Harley riders! What else can you say!

Nothing to do with being a harley rider, but, everything to do being a decent human being.

I ride old italian bikes, and i've stopped for people on Harleys, Brit and jap bikes. Even if i cant help them with their problem i can get fuel, make a call, give a lift to.

I've been stuck on the side of the road and waited hours for assistance, so i don't idlly drive by others in that situation.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

LOL...If ya search back, I mentioned that was gonna need a hold down, (Not to say "I told ya so" ,B|...Gotta love the duct tape fix.....:D

OK, here is a MC joke ..

Turpentine vs. Holy Water

A little boy was sitting on the footpath with a bottle of Turpentine. He was shaking it up and watching all the bubbles.

A Priest came along and asked the little boy what he had.

The little boy said, 'This is the most powerful liquid in the world; it's called Turpentine.'

The Priest said, 'No, the most powerful liquid in the world is Holy Water. If you rub it on a pregnant woman's belly, she'll pass a healthy baby.'

The little boy replied, 'If you rub turpentine on a cat's ass, he'll pass a Harley Davidson!'

If'n you rode a Harley...you wouldn't have waited.
We take care of fellow riders.
:P

When i waited for 2 hours for help i WAS on a Harley:D:D:D well sort of it was an XL(somthimoraother) Sporty:P
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Since Nick refuses to coem to Neds, I wil bring this here..

One of our members of Neds, lost her arm to a Idiot a year ago, (Idiot wore a badge when at work) but she got just enough to pay for her new ride (almost) she calls her new one handed bike, "Chump Change" which is what she got for her arm..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/onekick/illinois/2010-12-14_20-04-32_328.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/onekick/illinois/2010-12-14_20-05-07_542.jpg

I can only handle five or six woman at a time and it's the about the same for forums . . . LOL!

Beautiful bike and she's a resilient woman that's for sure. Maybe this was addressed @ Neds, but with that seat set up isn't she going to tire very quickly just hanging on with one arm? I would think she'd need some type of back rest.