npgraphicdesign

What artwork to put on a helmet?

After my helmet loss two weeks ago, I'm getting a primed unpainted Bonehead Mindwarp. Before I go on, a big shout out to Chris at Bonehead Composites who provided the most unbelievable level of customer service/satisfaction I've yet to experience with any manufacturer.

So, what type of artwork do I put on my helmet? I'm a graphic designer by trade, and of course I'm thinking typography, some logo parodies (think switching colors/taglines of competing corporations like coke/pepsi, mcd/bk, etc.)

But, any other suggestions as to what to put I could potentially put on this helmet? B|

I've always gone with scratches, cracks, and chips.

Well that doesn't require much talent... :P:D

then even you should be able to do it! :P

I hate to say it, but that was a good one. Well played you assclown. Touche. :P:D

:D:D:D

told ye' not to give me such easy passes all the time.. :)
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Something similar to the artwork on my body (see pic), but not exactly that. Thats MY art. But anything like it would be cool on your brain-bucket.

Pretty cool! B|

I'm thinking either some design elements (typography, logos, etc.) or a bunch of skydiving terms illustrated in a specific style, or just small illustrations of various skydiving-related objects. I'm thinking white primer, the drawing done in black sharpie, and clear protective coat.

Well, there's a great ongoing cartoon in the Intro/Greets forum by a newbie. She has made some fabulous drawings of her progression. She has some other stuff that isn't skydiving related on her blog too.

http://tailotherat.blogspot.com/2011_08_01_archive.html

I think something like that would be cool.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Something similar to the artwork on my body (see pic), but not exactly that. Thats MY art. But anything like it would be cool on your brain-bucket.

Pretty cool! B|

I'm thinking either some design elements (typography, logos, etc.) or a bunch of skydiving terms illustrated in a specific style, or just small illustrations of various skydiving-related objects. I'm thinking white primer, the drawing done in black sharpie, and clear protective coat.

Anything wingsuit related is gonna be legit. Now a wingsuiter buzzing a canopy... er nevermind that I just had another idea for a tat.;)
Muff #5048

Well once VB there sends me some cash ;) to settle a bet, he will receive a t shirt with this on the back.

If you want one drop me a line, I have some mediums and some XL's left. They will also be available in Cali I think?

Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

After my helmet loss two weeks ago, I'm getting a primed unpainted Bonehead Mindwarp. Before I go on, a big shout out to Chris at Bonehead Composites who provided the most unbelievable level of customer service/satisfaction I've yet to experience with any manufacturer.

So, what type of artwork do I put on my helmet? I'm a graphic designer by trade, and of course I'm thinking typography, some logo parodies (think switching colors/taglines of competing corporations like coke/pepsi, mcd/bk, etc.)

But, any other suggestions as to what to put I could potentially put on this helmet? B|

(*)(*) Boobies, of course.:S
What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

One of the coolest helmets I've seen in the skydiving world was from our own Brains. Jeff's helmet was painted to look like a brain. Lots of airbrush time on that one.

I'm so hard on gear, I don't have nice paint on my old Bonehead. I have nicks and dings, but that's about it...well, I still haven't peeled off the competitor number from last years' swoop nats...:$

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

One of the coolest helmets I've seen in the skydiving world was from our own Brains. Jeff's helmet was painted to look like a brain. Lots of airbrush time on that one.

I'm so hard on gear, I don't have nice paint on my old Bonehead. I have nicks and dings, but that's about it...well, I still haven't peeled off the competitor number from last years' swoop nats...:$

Hmmm...would it be possible at all to get in touch with him to take a look at a few photos? B|

I think there are some photos on DZ.com buried from a few years ago...maybe closer to 8-9 years ago.:S

I just checked his facebook and he didn't have any pics of his helmet there. Search on DZ.com with his username of Brains.

That is ridiculously good!!! :o

Why, thank you, suh! I take total credit for google's search capabilities ;)

I posted the series of designer helmets (of which that's one of them) here a while back
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Lots of great helmet art out there. I gotta admit I just start with a Velocity Sports Equipment sticker and add more from there.

Flames are always a good choice. Nudes ( preferably women :P:D) look great.

Probably you should get like a dolphin riding a unicorn jumping over a rainbow. Yeah, that'd be the coolest.:D

Lots of great helmet art out there. I gotta admit I just start with a Velocity Sports Equipment sticker and add more from there.

Flames are always a good choice. Nudes ( preferably women :P:D) look great.

Probably you should get like a dolphin riding a unicorn jumping over a rainbow. Yeah, that'd be the coolest.:D

No it wouldn't, three wolves howling at the moon would be the coolest.

:D