Glitch

14yr old daughter to Paris/London w/friends family???

If it was me, I probably wouldnt let my girls go until they were 18 or so. If I were going, they'd go with me of course. I just dont think I could handle passing on responsibility for their safety on someone else.

Although the Natalee Holloway case in Aruba was different (high school senior trip with chaperones), but you see my point.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

and ( as was suggested to me by a good friend,,,,.. )provide her with a small notebook and pen, that she can use to write down allll her experiences and thoughts, while on the trip.

Sweet! I'm so glad that you did that! B|
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

If it was me, I probably wouldnt let my girls go until they were 18 or so. If I were going, they'd go with me of course. I just dont think I could handle passing on responsibility for their safety on someone else.

My son went to London with his (chaperoned) soccer team when he was 16. I was a nervous wreck, but he had the time of his life. It's empowering to young adults to figure out that they can get by on their own, but it's a little scary for us parents to learn to let go. We have to trust that we've done a good job in raising them to be independent and teaching them to make smart decisions. :)
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I'd let her go in a heartbeat. Considering that it will probably make their trip better (it's always wise to invite another teenager on family trips -- they are capable of trying to make everyone as miserable as they think they are without their friends :D).

And NWFlyer -- I spent 8 years as a child in Brazil; I agree completely that it was absolutely formative in a positive way.

Anyone who wants to know if they should take that overseas transfer when they have children -- the answer is yes.

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

and ( as was suggested to me by a good friend,,,,.. )provide her with a small notebook and pen, that she can use to write down allll her experiences and thoughts, while on the trip.

Sweet! I'm so glad that you did that! B|

[provide her with a small notebook and pen] That's called a "Blog" these days Mama. ;)
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Although the Natalee Holloway case in Aruba was different (high school senior trip with chaperones), but you see my point.

Other than thumbing around the country, I didn't get to really travel until I was 20. My Uncle Sam let me go to Viet Nam.
It was an eye-opening, mind-numbing experience.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

It is a great idea. Our daughter has travelled with her best friends family for a couple of years now (since she was 12).

One thing to consider is that the two girls will be living together for a week in an exciting and emotional environment. Fighting can be a problem especially if you throw jetlag into the mix as well. Some forewarning tends to remove or mitigate the problem now and our daughter is fine.

Besides that I think it is more fun without parents:P

Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

That's called a "Blog" these days Mama.

Well, yes, but my travel notebooks are just a journal. My notes on my experiences are more for myself to help me remember the trip rather than sharing with the world.

send her

but think ahead about the unthinkable, like medical issues, get some pro advice on this but I'd think you would need to give the adults a notarized letter stating that you are giving them permission to make medical decisions for you, there may be some other stuff to consider

just going to Canada I was questioned about my authority to take my kids across the border without my wife, they pulled the kids aside and asked them "where was mommy", "she's in the bathroom, here she comes now"
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

That's called a "Blog" these days Mama.

Well, yes, but my travel notebooks are just a journal. My notes on my experiences are more for myself... rather than sharing with the world.

You gonna PM me those? >:(:D
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.