kallend

Accuweather strikes out

www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/worst-of-winter-20112012-aimed/55995 forecasted a very cold and snowy winter.

The atmosphere didn't cooperate - we have now had 48 days with above average temperatures this winter, and only two modest snowfalls that needed shovelling. The average temperature since Nov 1 is 5 degrees above normal.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/worst-of-winter-20112012-aimed/55995 forecasted a very cold and snowy winter.

The atmosphere didn't cooperate - we have now had 48 days with above average temperatures this winter, and only two modest snowfalls that needed shovelling. The average temperature since Nov 1 is 5 degrees above normal.

Change is good right >:(

:ph34r:

Change is good right >:(

:ph34r:

Aren't you shoveling the snow that they should be shoveling in Chicago? It's not that Accuweather is 5 degrees off ...they're just a couple of thousand miles off.:)

Warming is not allowed to be discussed in Bonfire.

Not even the mid-winter-thaw-that-I-know-better, but-still hope-is-the-pre-cursor-to-Spring-WARMING? Too bad, We just discussed it. :P

This.

I grew up in NW Pennsylvania, where it was just stupid cold and snowy from November right through to April (damn lake effect!). When I moved to VA I ALWAYS got suckered by the relatively mild winter up until the new year. New Year's Day would come and go, and I would think to myself "hey, winter's half over, it might not be too bad this year." Then, WHAM, bitter cold nonstop until sometime in February. I never learned.

Elvisio "So, I moved to Arizona" Rodriguez

is it possible that the planet earth has tipped alot further on it's AXIS???... and The Scientific Community is Not talking about it...???:o

...OR Is it possible that the planet is getting sucked in closer to the sun?? and we're NOt talking about THAT???:SB|;)

my yard is completely Snow-Free....no snowbanks piled up,,, all along EVERY road......quite unusual for this area at this time of year...:|

no complaints,, but it IS puzzling....

jt

is it possible that the planet earth has tipped alot further on it's AXIS???... and The Scientific Community is Not talking about it...???:o

...OR Is it possible that the planet is getting sucked in closer to the sun?? and we're NOt talking about THAT???:SB|;)

my yard is completely Snow-Free....no snowbanks piled up,,, all along EVERY road......quite unusual for this area at this time of year...:|

jt

No Jimmy.... Nothing is happening at all.

All is well Marc and Mike know all

jt

the earth does wobble on it's axis, and the scientific community is ignoring that fact. Future research revenues to rediscover the already known hang in the balance.

Jack

Y'all are getting waaaay too close to the edges of Bonfire! Need to get back in the middle. :D (I think talking about the weather is OK ....talking about the climate is not! Not sure where the lines are.:P)

Talking about how you learned about climatic changes causing the waxing and waning of ice ages in your Earth Science class in the 9th grade is OK in here. Talking about how climate is not.

Just like how talking about banging is OK in here, but technical specs on something that goes bang! is not.

So what's wrong with a little warming up?
Gimme da HEAT!

Oh, I know....the snowbird yankees are whinnin' because they won't have an excuse for heading south for the winter and Florida is whinnin' 'cause they are losing tourist money.
:D:D

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Well, I DIDN'T talk about climate change on purpose. My comment was on the gross inaccuracy of Accuweather's long range forecast for northern Illinois, which continues to be hopelessly wrong.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Well, I DIDN'T talk about climate change on purpose. My comment was on the gross inaccuracy of Accuweather's long range forecast for northern Illinois, which continues to be hopelessly wrong.

Yeah, I know. My posts were intended as good-natured jabs at Amazon (and others) who might have been brushing up against that other subject.

Aren't you shoveling the snow that they should be shoveling in Chicago? It's not that Accuweather is 5 degrees off ...they're just a couple of thousand miles off.:)

We live in the same general area as Amazon, We had 11" of snow and didn't touch a shovel, my boss didn't touch one either.

We were able to drive down our steep switch backed road in 3 -4 days

We used solar power B| to melt the snow. Drivng up here in the snow is a crap shoot. Just because Amazon can drive in the snow the driveer in front of her may be from cali and who knows where the person driving behind her came from.

A lot of the people up here don't know how to drive in the snow. rain, or sun.:S Just the way it is.

80 degrees F in perris:S I think we may have had a couple of days that hot the whole summer in 2011.

A few yrs earlier it was in the upper 90's for maybe 10 days straight.:( No AC B|B|

We don't do hot anymore. But we do have a finished basement;)

Don't move up here, it rains every day. Trust me I used to be a jumper;)

One Jump Wonder

Y'all are getting waaaay too close to the edges of Bonfire! Need to get back in the middle. :D (I think talking about the weather is OK ....talking about the climate is not! Not sure where the lines are.:P)

Talking about how you learned about climatic changes causing the waxing and waning of ice ages in your Earth Science class in the 9th grade is OK in here. Talking about how climate is not.

Just like how talking about banging is OK in here, but technical specs on something that goes bang! is not.

Be more specific. *Banging* could mean driving by someones house at 3AM and letting go with a full mag from an AK.:)