normiss

Skydivers in the news again.

Anyone else see this?
Busted

I was told Avery had a medical grow permit, maybe that's not the case. I also read that a number of states have found the "smell of weed" in a car is not sufficient Probable Cause to warrant a search, so this should be interesting. The crappy thing is, this WILL cost them a ton of money.

And the moral of the story is - don't speed when carrying large amounts of weed. B|

Sounds like from the article, once arrested he started talkin' like he was ON speed...flipped faster than a 2 dollar steak.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

moi?????.:o

course not...:|:$

in fact, just don't speed and/or run stop signs,,, ever !!!..is the best policy..;) right????

Based on what i read in the article... seems like way more than medicinal..

I read about this my local morning newspaper, earlier, but with NO names, and "hobbies" included in the details, only 'a man' the quantity in the car and a general location...
Too bad it reflects now, on an "avocation" (BASE ), which certainly does NOT need,,,,,, such an association, and the bad P. R. that goes with it,,,,, in the minds of the general public...

what a shame, in more ways than one.

jt

I wonder what the ratio of weed smokers between Skydivers to BASE Jumpers is.
Taking into consideration that if you BASE and SD only BASE would count.

My guess is that the rep is already there for a reason.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Harry Parker, 45????

Not THE Harry Parker, is it?

If it is, I hope the cops don't go through his video box....but OTOH, maybe they could send me some of the night-time good stuff he's got.
:D:D

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Yes "The Harry Parker."

It appears the investigation is flawed.
All have been released and this article suggests there is a chance they may not be charged.

http://www.marinij.com/marinnews/ci_13249886

Six Petaluma residents arrested in a weekend drug bust were released from Marin County Jail on Tuesday while prosecutors continued to mull whether to file charges...." "We have received some of the reports from the agencies, but we haven't received everything," said Tashawn Sanders, a deputy prosecutor in Santa Rosa. "At this point, we are not in a position to file charges."

And the moral of the story is - don't speed when carrying large amounts of weed. B|

That's right!! If you're gonna break big laws, don't break little ones. They don't see you doing anything illegal, they just see you acting guilty/suspecious. ;)
Not that I've ever needed those rules you understand. Just something I heard.
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

I don't know what the law is in California, but around here, if you get pulled over and the cops find large amounts of cash and/or drugs, you can kiss all that goodbye, even if cash is all they find. They'll even take the car.

If Avery had all the necessary gun permits for his weapons, he could get them back, but what do I know...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I don't know what the law is in California, but around here, if you get pulled over and the cops find large amounts of cash and/or drugs, you can kiss all that goodbye, even if cash is all they find. They'll even take the car.

If Avery had all the necessary gun permits for his weapons, he could get them back, but what do I know...

So if I get pulled over down there with $50,000 in cash and absolutely no durgs then they can seize the cash?!? That's f*** up. Seizing both if they find a lot drugs too, now that I can understand.

So if I get pulled over down there with $50,000 in cash and absolutely no durgs then they can seize the cash?!? That's f*** up. Seizing both if they find a lot drugs too, now that I can understand.

I know what you mean. I live just off highway I-20 in Alabama, and it's a huge drug corridor. Drugs going east, and wads of cash going west.

IIRC, authorities will take the cash from you for evidence and you have to go through a process to request it back if they can't charge you with anything, but I don't know what it entails.

But definitely, cash AND drugs... good as gone.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban