jclalor

Looking for a little help

Some of you may know I am a Nurse who works with 35 extremely sick and terminally ill Children in a facility where the majority will spend the rest of their lives.. Most of these children have very little, if any, contact with their family due to a variety of factors. The majority are in a permanent state of vegetation, the other ten who are alert have an amazing outlook on life. These kids are all in wheelchairs and require ventilators.

One of these kids, has fallen through the cracks and does not have an Ipad, all the other alert kids have managed to get an Ipad or a PC. Computers are these kids life.

If anyone could help out with a $5 or $10 donation, I would be forever grateful. I will gladly pay the difference. I am open to any type of donation, to me or directly to my facility ( I can't mention the name of the Pt do the HIPPA crap)

http://www.subacutesaratoga.com/about/

Do you have something set up to receive donations for this? I'm in for a donation.

Come on guys n gals lets get this kid online.

James

Thank you so much for your reply and interest in this. I have really never done anything like this and I have been hitting up all my family and friends. I have had a few people already send checks made to me and sent to the hospital. Any suggestions on how the best and most ethical way to handle this would be greatly appreciated.

I am also trying to get permission from his parent(s) to post his name and picture, but they are a little hard to get a hold of.

Again, a huge thanks to all who have helped.

I don't have much experience in this kind of thing. I think it would be better if there was a way to do it online. With any luck someone who knows how to handle this kind of thing will chime in.

I'm not real good at following up with checks and snail mail. I will make it happen if that is the only way. If we can't get someone who knows how to set this up online PM me your info.

If nothing else we can keep discussing this so the thread stays near the top.

James

I don't have much experience in this kind of thing. I think it would be better if there was a way to do it online. With any luck someone who knows how to handle this kind of thing will chime in.

I'm not real good at following up with checks and snail mail. I will make it happen if that is the only way. If we can't get someone who knows how to set this up online PM me your info.

If nothing else we can keep discussing [/url]this so the thread stays near the top.

James

I figure this will be an X-mas present so there is still a lot of time. I am gonna ask if it's ok to have checks made out to the hospital, that may be easier.

So anyways , this is Jordan. he is 14 years old and has been with us for about 3 years. He has an amazing sense of humor and is an inspiration to all the staff.

Sorry about the picture, but I can't figure out how to straighten it out.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/gmail/user/webmail.cgi?t=luna;msgdata_did=28339649;do=messages-print_attach

Thank you all for all the wonderful support, Jordan will be one happy kid when he opens this up. I will provide the pics and vids.

As soon as the checks start coming in, I will post the amounts with the check number for each contribution.

Thank you all again,
John

James

Friends of mine are using https://www.wepay.com/ for donations to help the family after his skydiving accident. I used it to send them a donation.
'Shell

After a glance at their website it looks like a good fit for this. At 3.5% it would only take a couple extra donations from people who wouldn't follow through with checks to pay for itself.

Jclalor, what do you think? They claim only a few minutes to setup.

James

James

Friends of mine are using https://www.wepay.com/ for donations to help the family after his skydiving accident. I used it to send them a donation.

I do have a Paypal account if that makes it easier for anyone.

Thanks again

Paypal acount;

[email protected]

After a glance at their website it looks like a good fit for this. At 3.5% it would only take a couple extra donations from people who wouldn't follow through with checks to pay for itself.

James

I just signed up, it was pretty easy.

https://www.wepay.com/public/view/137905

James

I just signed up, it was pretty easy.

https://www.wepay.com/public/view/137905

I just clicked the link and was not sure what to do so I clicked join this account. It said you need to approve me. If this is not the correct thing to do let me know.

James

I poked around a little on wepay and other people collecting donations have a donate button on their page. It is possible that joining the account is not the correct thing for me to do. Maybe there is some more setup left to do on the account?

James

I poked around a little on wepay and other people collecting donations have a donate button on their page. It is possible that joining the account is not the correct thing for me to do. Maybe there is some more setup left to do on the account?

James

Mikey's donation page is here ... NOT posting for donations but posting for a look at the donation page. That's the page I donated to.

https://www.wepay.com/xilo5v/donate/96535

Maybe more setup is needed. Good luck!!! I'll happily donate if I can!!! :)
'Shell

James

Mikey's donation page is here ... NOT posting for donations but posting for a look at the donation page. That's the page I donated to.

https://www.wepay.com/xilo5v/donate/96535

Maybe more setup is needed. Good luck!!! I'll happily donate if I can!!! :)

After joining the account and receiving approval I was able to donate. It does look like more setup is necc. to make it easier to donate.

James

https://www.wepay.com/donate/94366

I'm not great at this so someone tell me if it worked ok. The link is an updated donation's page for Jordan's Ipad. I did not know how to make previous donations show up. Prior to this $75 has been collected.

James

Edit to ad- This was done with Chris's (jclalor) permision to make it easier to donate

donation sent via we pay. This is a great thing your doing. i have to say i probably couldnt do your job id wind up addopting every one of those kids! Ive spent the last 2 days with my kids and id like to know that if god forbid they needed help it would be from someone like you!! Keep up the great work and let us know if you make your goal. If it looks like your going to be short PM me and ill get together more money for him.
Wait , I pull what first?

https://www.wepay.com/donate/94366

I'm not great at this so someone tell me if it worked ok. The link is an updated donation's page for Jordan's Ipad. I did not know how to make previous donations show up. Prior to this $75 has been collected.

James

Edit to ad- This was done with Chris's (jclalor) permision to make it easier to donate

Yep, it works! Just put in the amount you want to donate and hit the DONATE button! Easy peasy!!! :)
'Shell