Rogair

Neptune or Pro Track - loudest?

I have both a Neptune and Pro-Track. I have the Neptune as a visual and Pro-Track as an audible in my Oxygn A3. I wear earplugs and with the Pro-Track set to the low volume setting, I don’t have any trouble hearing it while in freefall. I have never tried the Neptune as an audible. The reason being is that I like the way the Pro-Track does its alarms, specifically the final alarm. The Neptune’s final alarm is a flatline tone, while the Pro-Track oscillates between two frequencies. I believe the changing frequency would grab my attention faster than just a single frequency – especially while I may be fighting with a canopy malfunction.

I have a Pro-Track and more often than not, I don't hear it, even on the loud setting. I'm not sure if the fact that it is in an old Factory Diver has anything to do with it, but I'm pretty sure the hearing loss I have from being in the military does.

Mike

I don't hear it, even on the loud setting.

I've missed it on really busy dives...anymore my internal clock works better then my protrack, usually about 2 seconds before it goes off my body says "time to leave" and I look at my alti.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I have a Pro-Track and more often than not, I don't hear it, even on the loud setting.

I hear mine better with earplugs, you might try it.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Thanks, I'll try that out. Do you use a particular brand, or just any generic type? I don't really MIND that I can't hear it, because I go up every time with the expectation that I WON'T hear it. It's still my responsibility to maintain altitude awareness. I just have the pro-track to monitor my speed and freefall time. If the audible saves me one day, great, but I never rely on it and hope I never get into the habit of relying on it.

Thanks,

Mike