alexafox

LA to Perris mid week

Hi All!
I'm heading to Perris in August for a couple of days of Jumping... I'm only able to be there for a couple of days so I'm wanting to cram in as many jumps as I can!

The public transport seems to take 3 times as long as driving there! I was hoping to get out to Perris early on a Wednesday and I've got to head back to LA on Friday night....

Just wondering, are there many people driving from LA to Perris regularly? Perhaps regular jumpers who live in LA but work out at Perris?

I'd of course chip in for gas money and I can provide beers and witty banter!

I know I'm probably better off posting this closer to the date but having absolutely no way out there until the last minute scares me a tad! :) Idon't want to get stuck in LA!

Lex
I refuse to accept a mediocre life...

facebook.com/chutefirst
chutefirstapparel.com

I can't help with transportation since I am not in the area......but if you will be at Perris you should see about doing a balloon jump! They rock! Make sure you tell them jump numbers and all.....I am not sure what they require you to have. Have fun and Blue Skies!

Can you rent a car? You can probably find a rate where it will be under $100 for the 3 days, and this way you can come and go as you please. You won't miss one minute of jumping waiting for a ride, or leaving early because your ride is going home before you need to.

Hey thanks for the suggestion...

I did have a quick look at hire cars and they're up around the $250 mark for 3 days...

Also, being from Australia we drive on the other side of the road and I'd rather not drive in a strange city on the opposite side, mainly for the safety of other drivers (and pedestrians). :P Haha

I have had someone offer to give me a lift out there so thats good! And worst case senario I've managed to work out the public transport system...

I'd rather give gas money to another poor skydiver like me that's already going out there than to give it to anyone else! ;)
I'm staying at IHOP while I'm there so luckily I'm not needing a ride every day!

Seems to be falling into place! Can't wait!

facebook.com/chutefirst
chutefirstapparel.com

Can you rent a car? You can probably find a rate where it will be under $100 for the 3 days, and this way you can come and go as you please. You won't miss one minute of jumping waiting for a ride, or leaving early because your ride is going home before you need to.

She's Australian, Female and looks to be under 25, :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: I wouldn't rent her a car:D:D:D:D:D

Alexa, even though you are going to perris, try and get your butt to Elsinore (30mins from Perris), you will have a ball, it's a GREAT DZB|
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Gee thanks for the vote of confidence Squeak! Hahaha

Although I consider myself a good driver, I freak out being a passenger in the US so I dare say actually driving would be a nightmare for everyone involved... Haha

If I get the chance to head to Elsinore I definitely will! I'm heading to San Fran for tunnel coaching and Lodi for a few jumps before I go to Perris so Hopefully the opportunity will come up somewhere along the line! :)

6 weeks to go and counting! :D

facebook.com/chutefirst
chutefirstapparel.com

Although I consider myself a good driver, I freak out being a passenger in the US so I dare say actually driving would be a nightmare for everyone involved... Haha

I know just how you feel. I lived in Japan for awhile, and when I first got there, sitting on the wrong side of the car and not having any control freaked me out. As soon as I started driving, my brain switched, and driving was not a problem at all. I never had any problem except for U-turns. Those I still had to think through. :S
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Yea I know what you mean!

I was considering hiring a motorbike! I thought at least I don't have to be weirded out over being on the otherside of the car... But knowing my track record I decided getting a ride/public transport was the smarter option! :P

facebook.com/chutefirst
chutefirstapparel.com

I know just how you feel. I lived in Japan for awhile, and when I first got there, sitting on the wrong side of the car and not having any control freaked me out. As soon as I started driving, my brain switched, and driving was not a problem at all. I never had any problem except for U-turns. Those I still had to think through. :S

When driving in the states, my mantra is
"Righ thand SHORT"
"Left hand LONG":ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
A 15 year old passenger yelled that to me once in '99:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: After i made a minor turn error into on coming traffic:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

When driving in the states, my mantra is
"Righ thand SHORT"
"Left hand LONG":ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
A 15 year old passenger yelled that to me once in '99:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: After i made a minor turn error into on coming traffic:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Sounds like what I yelled at my son when he was learning. It must sound so much different coming from a kid. :P Maybe, she (your Pax) still had it fresh in her brain, and out it came from her mouth :D:D
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

I jump Lodi last Sunday and did 4 coach jumps with Ed learning correct body position for wingsuit flying.

https://vimeo.com/44676505

Lodi rocks, a lot of real good jumpers out there and jump tickets are super cheap. April 18th I got current again, last jump was in 1999 up in Tahoe. Since then I've rocked out 17 jumps. I live right next to Los Angeles airport and I've only jumped at Perris since getting back into the sport. Soon going to hit other drop zones in the area.

I work during the week but am able to get time off. Hit me when u get to SoCal and hopefully I can hook u up with a ride there.

That's awesome dude!

I arrive in LA at about 11:30pm on Tuesday 14th August. I was thinking of just getting a hotel room and heading to Perris on the Wednesday until Friday.

If you end up getting some time off around then definitely let me know! :) Iv'e got another guy who said a similar thing too so keep me posted!

I promise good road trip banter! :P

facebook.com/chutefirst
chutefirstapparel.com