wildcard451

Curiousity Touchdown Confirmed!

When humans eventually get to Mars, I wonder if such landing sites will be seen of value worthy of historic preservation or just picked over for souviners?

Just think Mars has been that windblown wasteland devoid of life for millions of years.... I wonder if God has ever been there.

When humans eventually get to Mars, I wonder if such landing sites will be seen of value worthy of historic preservation or just picked over for souviners?

Just think Mars has been that windblown wasteland devoid of life for millions of years.... I wonder if God has ever been there.

Of course he has.

It will already be too late.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

>Another thing that I thought would have been cool would be if they had sent a second
>(smaller) rover up ahead of time to Curiosity's DZ to be set-up ahead of time to film
>Curiosity's landing from the surface. Now that would have been cool to have outside-in
>video of that whole skycrane landing maneuver!

They wouldn't have to send a separate vehicle for that. They'd just have to land Curiosity near Opportunity. (Or land the next one near Curiosity etc)

They probably aimed for an area away from other rovers/debris. They'd want to explore different areas (I would anyway), and considering you cant precisely control where the parachute would land you, it would really suck to crash land on top pf Opportunity! :D
Remster

>Another thing that I thought would have been cool would be if they had sent a second
>(smaller) rover up ahead of time to Curiosity's DZ to be set-up ahead of time to film
>Curiosity's landing from the surface. Now that would have been cool to have outside-in
>video of that whole skycrane landing maneuver!

They wouldn't have to send a separate vehicle for that. They'd just have to land Curiosity near Opportunity. (Or land the next one near Curiosity etc)

They probably aimed for an area away from other rovers/debris. They'd want to explore different areas (I would anyway), and considering you cant precisely control where the parachute would land you, it would really suck to crash land on top pf Opportunity! :D

Round accuri competition! B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Pretty good explosion from the skycrane!

Somewhere in the JPL, some guy who's pet instrument was left off the rover is saying he told them they wouldn't need that much fuel!:P
Do you want to have an ideagasm?