skybeergodd

Para-commander packing

Check with paragear they had a after market booklet
with lots of info and packing instructions last time I got one it was only a buck.
If your not in a big hurry I could get you a video made of how to do it.:)

`
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

Thats good to know, with all the interest of late in the PC's When I have the time I think I will make a video of all the tricks and tips for all deployment types, so the kids of today won't have to keep bug'n
us old guys to help them pack.:P

`
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

stratostar

Thats good to know, with all the interest of late in the PC's When I have the time I think I will make a video of all the tricks and tips for all deployment types, so the kids of today won't have to keep bug'n
us old guys to help them pack.:P

`

Could someone make this video ! It would be awesome. Field packing tips preferred.
Propblast

Parachute labs (jump shack), Strong enterprises, and Aerosports USA have all made custom ripcords for me in the past. They may or may not have the specs for your rig. You may need to supply overall length, pin spacing, and handle type as well as rig.it's going into

I also have a bunch of old ripcords and may have what you need. But I would need the same information. I do have a ripcord tester and could test an old one.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

skybeergodd

Hey all-----just wonering if anyone has packing instructions for a para-commander. Maybe like an owners manual or something along that line. Any help would be appreciated. Blue Skies, Kelly

Never had a manual but basically.....

1. stake the apex down.
2. find someone pretty , to "hold tension" ;)
3. 4 line check it.
4. Shake it . Flake it, Assure that the apex lines and the steering lines are all in the center and NO panel OR Part of a panel is "grabbing " any of those lines. :o At this point you can get all fussy fussy about it, and " Lay it down and Christmas Tree " it and then fold it all Back together, in 3rds.....:S OR Else Just sleeve that bad Boy. !! And Thank,,, your "tension Holder" as you set the lines and canopy onto the ground.. B| and AT Least....;) MAKE an ATTEMPT to get her phone # ...:)B|:$
5. Do up the suspension lines assuring that the first two bights, lock the sleeve, ( or if you were "progressive " the P.O.D. Or d bag ) closed.:|
6. finish stowing Allll the lines
7. S fold the sleeve or place the P O D onto the pack tray.
8. coil and stow the apex lines
9. Undo the bungees on the sides of the container ComPress the Pilot Chute,, ( MA 1 or A 3 ) on top of the sleeve and pull the sides together ,on TOP of the PC Cap.. Mate up the container sides Grommets over Cones. PIN a CENTER cone with the BOTTOM pin from the ripcord.
10. Dress out the top flaps mating up the pin and cone arrangement and pin THAT with it's proper pin....
11. dress out the bottom flap and mate up the grommets and cone and THEN while keeping your knee ON the center cone, Pull the bottom pin out,,, replace with the correct pin, and put the bottom pin into THE BOTTOM Cone..
12. tidy up anything sticking out... HOOK UP the bungees,,, put the ripcord handle into the pocket on the main lift web, grab your reserve container......jumpsuit, Para-Boots, Bell Helmet, and Altimaster 1 and Head to Manifest.... Bring 5 bucks... IF you wanna Go alll the way UP,,,,,, to 7-Five !!!!!:P
always worked good, for me,,, ymmv ;):P
jmyt A 3914 D 12122