bodypilot90

Vigil misfires since recalls?

Good to hear. Sounds like they have the bugs worked out. Let the price war beginB|.

Derek

I saw one DZ, a big one, that I plan on jumping at, on the list of their requirements, say

"Cypres AAD - Cypres is required for all jumpers with less than 1,000 jumps"

Note - they did not use "Cypres" as a slang without AAD like "kleenex" without tissue - and they did not just say "AAD" - so I can only assume they really mean they want a Cypres and not some other brand... That was enough for me to buy the Cypres this time around. I don't want to have to ever prove my gear as safe to a DZ.

For the price war to work (and by the way, I know from my own business that low pricing = what you pay for, so I don't know if I want a price war) - the community will have to respect both brands as being two sides of the same coin.

I actually hope that instead of a price war, it is a quality and feature war. But knowing a laptop computer costs less than $1000 these days, and the most expensive VCR at BestBuy is less than $100, I would hope the age of electronics would make all AADs more cost effective. :P

Since they are both made in Europe, the falling dollar is a moot point.

1. Why dont you Americans make your own? :)2. Would you trust an AAD from...say...India? :)

"Whoever in discussion adduces authority uses not intellect but memory." - Leonardo da Vinci
A thousand words...

1. Why dont you Americans make your own?:)2. Would you trust an AAD from...say...India? :)

1. We don't want to cut your exports in half.:P

2. Why not, I trust one made in Europe.
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

I've been using a Vigil in my 3rd rig for the past 8 months - with no problems whatsoever. I'm in the market for 2 new AAD's in the next year as my Cypres 1's timex. At this point - I'm 90% certain they'll be Vigils.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

1. Why dont you Americans make your own? :)2. Would you trust an AAD from...say...India? :)

They did. The latest is/was the FXC Astra.

I was involved in some tests with the Astra piggy backed on. I take the one made in India.:S:|

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

I've been using a Vigil in my 3rd rig for the past 8 months - with no problems whatsoever. I'm in the market for 2 new AAD's in the next year as my Cypres 1's timex. At this point - I'm 90% certain they'll be Vigils.

t

I have three Cypres's. When they are due to retire in the next year, I will be getting Vigils on general principle.

I'm not rewarding Airtech for making me replace perfectly functional equipment.