promise5

friend requests?

I turned off friending, problem solved. To me, that was a solution in search of a (non-existent) problem.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Anyone else getting friend request from people that have just joined and have no info/history listed??
I'm on my 4th in 2 days.

That makes it easier for your stalkers to find you.;)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

That makes it easier for your stalkers to find you.;)

With your avatar and that statement, all I can think about is...

"do do do, looking out my back door..."*CRASH*

:D

Nice Marmot.

OVER THE LINE!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Anyone else getting friend request from people that have just joined and have no info/history listed??
I'm on my 4th in 2 days.

If you ever start actually skydiving, you'll find that male jumpers will be inviting you on jumps that are not yet safely within your skill set, all the while assuring you that you'll be OK. You won't be. Put bluntly, they're trying to get in your pants. Unless you're careful, the least that might happen is the ol' walk o' shame. The worst that could happen is a really, really bad accident on a jump.

Anyhow, all the friend requests are the cyber version of this. Also, like a number of other women on this site, you have your actual photo in your avatar. Frankly, I think that's dangerous - for all you women who are reading this.

I'm on my 4th in 2 days.

If you ever start actually skydiving, you'll find that male jumpers will be inviting you on jumps that are not yet safely within your skill set, all the while assuring you that you'll be OK. You won't be. Put bluntly, they're trying to get in your pants. Unless you're careful, the least that might happen is the ol' walk o' shame. The worst that could happen is a really, really bad accident on a jump.

Anyhow, all the friend requests are the cyber version of this. Also, like a number of other women on this site, you have your actual photo in your avatar. Frankly, I think that's dangerous - for all you women who are reading this.

I like my non descript little ole Scarlet Letter:ph34r::ph34r:

I'm on my 4th in 2 days.

Watch out for those horny gorillas!
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

I'm on my 4th in 2 days.

I will tandem at least 3 times and if I choose to continue after that then I will. As far as guys getting me to do things outside my skill level. hhhhmmm I may be a blonde but I'm not that big a blonde. My mother didn't raise a fool. Like, anything else I would check with the older more experienced divers and hey if one says no go then I don't have a problem listening.
No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

I'm on my 4th in 2 days.

I like my non descript little ole Scarlet Letter:ph34r::ph34r:

One more of my blonde moments. I thought that was like something from Star Trek, maybe the captain emblem. :P
No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

There is one more thing to it, sometimes you're trying to go to user's profile but miss the link and press "Friend", from there I didn't find a way to cancel this request. Now I'm a friend of that guy who is being bashed about in the swooping forum :)

Which one? There seems to be a new one weekly!

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I will tandem at least 3 times and if I choose to continue after that then I will. As far as guys getting me to do things outside my skill level. hhhhmmm I may be a blonde but I'm not that big a blonde. My mother didn't raise a fool. Like, anything else I would check with the older more experienced divers and hey if one says no go then I don't have a problem listening.

What makes you think that the older more experienced guys aren't going to be trying to get in your pants, too? Safest bet - assume any guy from 15 to 95 has at least thought about it. Some will just put more effort into making it happen than others and age is not the way to know which ones those are.

As for jumps - compared to my first tandem my second one was boring and all I could think was how much I wanted to learn to jump for myself. So, do your first jump and go from there. And some AFF progressions include a tandem, so if you know you like jumping after the first jump, you may not want to waste money on more commercial tandems.

i have LOTS of friends , and i bet so do YOU.....so that's not the issue between US...;)B|

more Importantly!!!

HOw much SNOW did you get????? do you still have Power..
the news is showing some Heavy duty snowfall in your area...

good luck !!!

jmy
:)
ps... yes i did get a request from a recent
Joinee... replied with a PM to suggest:
1. complete your profile
2. preceed such a 'request' with a message, to say hello and introduce oneself...
No response, and the profile remains incomplete...
Could be, that a few " current members" might open a NEW account... with a new username...:|
I dunno WHY...but sometimes people like to be anonymous...:S[:/]

i try to be a friendly guy... but within reason..and I AM who i say I AM!!! hahaha

stay warm

There is one more thing to it, sometimes you're trying to go to user's profile but miss the link and press "Friend", from there I didn't find a way to cancel this request. Now I'm a friend of that guy who is being bashed about in the swooping forum :)

Which one? There seems to be a new one weekly!

The "youtube saga" one. I hope my friendship will ease out his lot.

What makes you think that the older more experienced guys aren't going to be trying to get in your pants, too? Safest bet - assume any guy from 15 to 95 has at least thought about it. Some will just put more effort into making it happen than others and age is not the way to know which ones those are.

Pretty much. I've known very few guys who are actually capable of platonic friendships with women.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Pretty much. I've known very few guys who are actually capable of platonic friendships with women.

Sure, but those guys have boyfriends.:P
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Oh I dunno about that! :$

Some of us are mature enough to look at the big picture & understand that the 'game' doesn't fit in with where we're at in life.

I have been on the 'other side' of it, especially as an instructor...often guilty of 'fishin of the company pier' but really, after a while it just gets old.

It's almost kinda funny these days...many girls at the DZ are a bit suspicious regarding a friendship- (rightfully so I guess) -it takes a while for them to understand some of us don't have ulterior motives.

However once they do...when that 'motive' is taken off the table, some pretty cool and rewarding relationships come about.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

It's interesting -- I've had a number of platonic relationships with guys, including a couple I wouldn't have minded dating. One of them explained, in a very brotherly way, why he eliminated me early from contention :ph34r:.

I think it's a two-way street -- I go into most relationships expecting them to be platonic, and if I get a vibe that it's not the case, I generally either make extra effort to keep it that way, or just back way off, and leave it in "hello" territory. Obviously now I'm both married and late middle-aged, so it's not much of a problem any more :)
And, partly, I generally didn't even try to have a friendship (other than jumping with them at the DZ) with the guys who have reputations as players, or who give off that vibe.

And, partly, I've probably been lucky. I've been told by a very long-time friend that I could be very intimidating in those years :o, so that probably helped, too :ph34r:

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

However once they do...when that 'motive' is taken off the table, some pretty cool and rewarding relationships come about.

I bet they do, :P
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I bet they do, :P

Yeah...comin' from a guy who's fished the pier at MY dropzone! :P

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~