squink

Elsinore or Perris

Ok, I appreciate everyone's input, and now I think it's down to Perris and Elsinore. Which one do you think would be better for a new skydiver?

Thanks! :)

They both are awesome. Perris a little more fast paced. Elsinore more laid back.

bozo

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

They both are awesome. Perris a little more fast paced. Elsinore more laid back.

bozo

Yeah.. what the old fart said:)

An ole lady calling me an ole fart? Go figger.

bozo

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

I kind of misread the question and answered based on where I'd send someone to learn to skydive, not after they're off student status. Off student status, you should just try both a couple times and see which you like more. ;)

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Perris = Big, soft circle of freshly plowed dirt, plus nice man in truck to come get you so you don't have to walk back. Swoopers either over at the pond or on the grass, either way, out of the student circle. Sometimes hard to find someone to jump with if you're new. Perris gets so many new faces. You have to ask to be pointed towards the LOs, but you'll have a great time once you find them. Also, wind tunnel.

Elsinore = bad rotors if the wind is from the wrong way, ankle high brush if you don't land on the grass, more experienced jumpers landing on the grass. Sometimes no LOs, but you can usually find someone to jump with if you ask around. Really friendly dropzone, welcoming to newbies.

its the only DZ in 30 that i have jumped where i have had several near misses on landing. since i am not a student, i dont land in the student area. and, if i wanted to land in plowed dirt, i would jump at new mexico.

granted, i have only jumped at Elsinore, i love it there. the people are great, and a large landing area for beginers, goot thing too... but thats another story. .. the one time i did go down to perris, to buy my helmet, i was a bit intimidated by the size, after being at elsinore. ..

but perris does have that wind tunnel...
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720

I would tell you to go to both, but truth be told if you show up and one and it feels right it tends to suck you in. Last time I was at Perris I had every intention of going over to see everyone over at Elsinore but I was having too much fun at Perris. In early March I'm going to Elsinore and I *say* that I might go over to use up that jump ticket I have on my account at Perris, but I have a feeling I'll be hanging at Elsinore all weekend.

You really can't go wrong either way. I learned a ton from the LO's at Perris when I was just under 100 jumps, but Elsinore's got awesome resources in that regard as well.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

i voted for elsinore even though i've never been there. perris was very well equipped, but maybe too big to be friendly unless you already have a group of friends there. i was just another new face, and other than the sunset load, nobody ever asked me what i was doing on the jump.

skydive chicago on the other hand, was awesome! i was met in the parking lot, quizzed on my experience and directed to a load organizer before i even got to the hanger.
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

The question was which DZ is better for a beginner. I jumped first at Perris, then at Elsinore, after my original home DZ was closed. While I've enjoyed jumping at both, Elsinore was by far more new jumper friendly. I still think that both are incredible DZs and love jumping at either place. This is probably really a question of personal preference for new jumpers.

I have my A license. I'm going to hit one dz for a day so that I can jump a couple of times. I'm only there for a week, and my wuffo travelling companion has so graciously agreed to spend one day of our week vacation at a dz so that I can jump while I'm down there.

...the door was open

SKYDIVERGIRLS.COM

my wuffo travelling companion has so graciously agreed to spend one day of our week vacation at a dz

My vote would definately be for perris with that information. The whuffo could spend time in the bar, go for a swim i n the pool, or do a couple minutes in the tunnel. They can't do those things at Elsinore because the facilities are only at Peris.