freethefly

New Harley!

Bought my Bro's 68 Electra Glide. He restored this bike in 1988. Genny motor. Near 100% original, except for polished and ported heads and Primo belt drive/dry clutch. Comes with boxes of spare parts.
Told him, years ago, if ya ever decide to sell her, call me. He did. Asked him how much? He says, $8000.00 (anyone who knows what they are looking at would easily pay 12-15000.) I wrote him a check and she is now mine! She is in Ogden, Utah at the moment. Going up to get her at the end of July. Last time I rode her was in 93.
In the last pic, I am the guy on the left in front of the truck door.
Love this bike. Bike collection: 72 Norton on a rigid (I built her in 83), 2005 FLSTFI (fucked up and sold my 91 FLSTF), 1972 Hodaka Super Rat (Dad bought me one in 1970 for my tenth birthday. I was hard to beat at the track.) Proud to have this beautiful lady in the collection!
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

I toured around California with my wife on one of the new electra glides that I rented. Amazing bike, so easy for long distance. Thats pretty awesome that a 68 model is still going strong. I love the saddles from back in the day too.

(Have to admit, I was pretty glad to give it back, its a BIG bike - 2 up it was over half a tonne. I prefer something a bit smaller and a lot faster, more agile, and italian!)
Never try to eat more than you can lift

I toured around California with my wife on one of the new electra glides that I rented. Amazing bike, so easy for long distance. Thats pretty awesome that a 68 model is still going strong. I love the saddles from back in the day too.

(Have to admit, I was pretty glad to give it back, its a BIG bike - 2 up it was over half a tonne. I prefer something a bit smaller and a lot faster, more agile, and italian!)

These early Shovels are hard to kill. This engine was disassembled and rebuilt, as was the entire bike. Besides the head work and belt primary, the Linkert was swapped for an S&S.
This will be my second Shovel. First being a 72 cone I built in 1985 and put on a 75 FLH frame. The majority of that bike went to Australia. Some guy from down under was shopping the US for parts to take to Australia.He was paying the right price for parts so, I stripped her. No problem, still have my Norton. Bought the 91 FLSTF soon after.
This one is a keeper.
Neil Young

I picked up a Fat Boy a few weeks ago! :$

What you do in your private time is your own business.

I believe that's the first time I've seen someone zing Twardo. Bravo, sir. Bravo. ;)
You are playing chicken with a planet - you can't dodge and planets don't blink. Act accordingly.

Didn't Harley make bowling balls back then?

AMF had H-D from 1969-81. 68 was the last great year for Harley.

Looks super-NICE!

Thank you

Must be something in the air... I picked up a Fat Boy a few weeks ago!

This thread is about motorcycles, not your sex life.

Actually, that Fatboy looks a lot like my 05.
Neil Young

NICE :)

Missing my road trip "ride" days like those you pictured.

The last one I was on was a Blessing Ride near Milwaukee with some 'outlaws' buddies :$

Pretty much riding is just me & my "ol man", these days ;)

3 of my rides:
'02 Low Rider
'94 Springer Softtail
My 1st bike '90 Sporty
My next will be a Dyna Wide

yep, I'm a Harley bitch :D

KEEP 'R ON 2 & SHINY SIDE UP B|;)

NICE :)

Missing my road trip "ride" days like those you pictured.

The last one I was on was a Blessing Ride near Milwaukee with some 'outlaws' buddies :$

Pretty much riding is just me & my "ol man", these days ;)

3 of my rides:
'02 Low Rider
'94 Springer Softtail
My 1st bike '90 Sporty
My next will be a Dyna Wide

yep, I'm a Harley bitch :D

KEEP 'R ON 2 & SHINY SIDE UP B|;)

Nice rides. Next bike for my collection has to be a Knuck.
Keeping it between the white lines at breakneck speedsB|
Neil Young

You still suck.

:D:D:D:D

I'm just pissing because I NEED a new sled. New to me.
Thinking old and not sure what.
Still digging the old school bobber ...

Also LOVE the same year of your new bro's Glide. B|

grrrrrrrrrrr

B|

I have been wanting to buy another Shovel since I parted out the last one in the late 80's. Been waiting on Randy to sell me his 68 since the late 80's. I was really surprised when he asked me if I still wanted her. Offered it up at 8k. A number only a fool would balk at. I'll never touch anything this nice again at such a great price.
The old lady thinks it needs a bitch pad on the back. HA!!!! She must be EFFING INSANE if she thinks I am going to molest a museum quality bike so she can enjoy a ride on her. Hell, riding on Ol'Norton (my nickname is Norton) should be thrilling enough. Besides she made me put the pad back on the Fatboy so she can ride with me and not ride her own bike, a Yamaha V Star 650. Anyways, she can ride the Fatboy now.

I was going to buy her a Sportster but, NOOOOOOOOOOOOO, she wants something bigger to ride. I unzip and whip it out and state, as a matter of fact, that I am the biggest thing that she will ever ride. Laughing, without restraint and, wiping tears of utter joy from her cheeks as she lifts her ass from the floor, she tells that the Fatboy will do just fine.

I think I am feeling the onslaught of a major complex coming on. Ah, fuck it, I have a 2001 GMC Sierra SLE on 37'' Super Swampers and a 9 inch lift. Switching to compensation mode. Feeling much more superior now. Mental catastrophe avoided. That's right, that's right, I am the man and it still sucks to be me on a 68 slab side shovel!
Neil Young

What's SP?

South Park.
They were pretty mean to Harley guys.

It was hilarious.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s13e12-the-f-word

"Just because someone's a faggot, doesn't mean they're gay."
:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.