ryoder

Large shipment of cardboard boxes heading to Dubai?

"Gary plans to top his feat — he is currently seeking permission to perform a wingsuit jump without a parachute from Burj Khalifa in Dubai, the tallest building in the world at 2,723ft."

Ref: http://www.henleystandard.co.uk/news/news.php?id=1282193
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

"Gary plans to top his feat — he is currently seeking permission to perform a wingsuit jump without a parachute from Burj Khalifa in Dubai, the tallest building in the world at 2,723ft."

Hmm. I wonder whether that's 'without a parachute' or 'without deploying a parachute'.

ryoder

Ref: http://www.henleystandard.co.uk/news/news.php?id=1282193

Oooh, he rubs it in, too. I know a certain someone who's gotta find that galling. B|

I wonder if he's going to start reducing the number of boxes.
That would be some progression....

"And now, Gary plans to land on one small cereal box placed in the middle of the landing area"
Never try to eat more than you can lift

Stumpy

I wonder if he's going to start reducing the number of boxes.
That would be some progression....

"And now, Gary plans to land on one small empty single serve raisin box placed in the middle of the landing area"

FIFY :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

pincheck

Better off giving the boxes to the homeless ! don't see the point in this to be honest

Some 99.999% of the world's population see no point in skydiving. Did you have a point?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

***Better off giving the boxes to the homeless ! don't see the point in this to be honest

Some 99.999% of the world's population see no point in skydiving. Did you have a point?

he has already done it so why again ? seams pointless to me

Billy-Sonic Haggis Flickr-Fun

pincheck

******Better off giving the boxes to the homeless ! don't see the point in this to be honest

Did you make more than one skydive?:|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

*********Better off giving the boxes to the homeless ! don't see the point in this to be honest

:D Somehow I don't think "box jumping" is going to take off as a discipline of its own anytime soon.

Remster

many people were inspired to skyboarding by the Silver Surfer

Yeah... The number of skysurfers skyrocketed after 2007. :|

Skysurfing was all the rage back in the 90's, wasn't it?
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

ryoder

*********Better off giving the boxes to the homeless ! don't see the point in this to be honest

one and a Half actually .........Guess you must have done two :S

Billy-Sonic Haggis Flickr-Fun

Andy9o8

You know, many people were inspired to skyboarding by the Silver Surfer. Show me a superhero whose prime bailiwick is jumping into cardboard boxes and I just might change my attitude.

Don't tell me you've never heard of Maru?
You are playing chicken with a planet - you can't dodge and planets don't blink. Act accordingly.