quade

Dumber than hell "positive" messages

He only mentioned two possible ideas, he did not exclude any of the dozens of others, including the one you mention. You are making an assumption about his assumptions.

Nah, I'm just paying attention to what he's writing. Asking someone else to explain how aspects of high craftsmanship could be present if slaves were used is ignoring the possibility that some but not all of the workforce were slaves. The question makes no sense unless he's assuming the answer is one or the other.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

He only mentioned two possible ideas, he did not exclude any of the dozens of others, including the one you mention. You are making an assumption about his assumptions.

Nah, I'm just paying attention to what he's writing. Asking someone else to explain how aspects of high craftsmanship could be present if slaves were used is ignoring the possibility that some but not all of the workforce were slaves. The question makes no sense unless he's assuming the answer is one or the other.

That's one way to interpret it, and it does make more sense now that you explain it that way, but I'd still say you're reading too deeply based on the words alone. :P It's possible to explore one path that you consider interesting, while simultaneously knowing it is not the only path. I think all he's saying is "if you believe theory X, then provide compelling reasons for X," which is always a fair question.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

And as has been discussed in this thread, the definition of 'slave' has changed throughout the years. Today, some may consider conscripted service with the threat of imprisonment if you refuse to be a form of slavery. To others, it may just have been the 'greatest' generation getting drafted to defeat Hitler.
For the same reason I jump off a perfectly good diving board.

quade

Do people ever think before creating these?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1004895_10151600165613460_527222206_n.jpg

I sure as hell wouldn't build a monument to myself using slave labor.

Do you ever do research before flexing your fingers?

There is one word very familiar to parachutists that both answers your question and also serves to shoot down your supposition:

BEER.

B|
SCR-6933 / SCS-3463 / D-5533 / BASE 44 / CCS-37 / 82d Airborne (Ret.)

"The beginning of wisdom is to first call things by their right names."

I recently saw a video of a man who, thru counter weights and shimming, was able to duplicate, using concrete slabs, many stone henge type structures will little brute muscle, just ingeniously applied leverage.

I looked this up after you posted about it, and I found it interesting enough to share. Probably the building techniques used by the Egyptians for the Great Pyramids was simpler than we thought, as well:

Wallyhenge
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

Cecil B. deMille says is was slave labor. That's good enough for me, as it is with most of the well-read public who get their information from movies, Hollywood Squares, and The Real Housewives of Sandusky, Ohio.
If you leave the plane without a parachute, you will be fine for the rest of your life.