NWFlyer

"Skydiving" in Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

I hadn't watched the show but a whuffo friend of mine pointed out that there was some fine Hollywood-style skydiving featured in Tuesday's episode (#6). It's also available on Hulu Plus if you have a subscription.

The fun starts around 34:20.

http://watchabc.go.com/marvels-agents-of-shield/SH55300807/VDKA0_a4pen2s9/fzzt
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I saw it... it appeared to me to be a bunch of blue screen once the back door of the plane opened.....

Good show, but just a series based on the success of the Avengers, Ironman, Thor, etc..... movies.

Kinda silly, but I watch most weeks.
Goggles and Teeth

"You fall like a greased safe!!!"

GooniesKid

Is Emma the girl that was Catwoman in Dark Knight Rises?

Gemma <> Anne Hathaway

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

It's mindless comic book fun. A guilty pleasure of mine. It's completely ridiculous, but I almost feel obligated to watch it since I have "Level 3" access anyway. Granted, I haven't touched it professionally yet, but it's only a matter of time.

My only beef with it so far are Fitz & Simmons accents which are to my ears almost indecipherable. Completely over the top, yet the two are actually Brits so I don't understand what's going on there. Tone it down kids.

Clark Gregg is pretty f'in awesome though. I envy his restraint under pressure. Well, at least every character he ever seems to play.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

Clark Gregg is pretty f'in awesome though. I envy his restraint under pressure. Well, at least every character he ever seems to play.

I may be the only one, but I've never been able to watch Clark Gregg without the first thing that comes to mind being "Quo Vadimus."

I actually haven't watched the show at all, and fast forwarded to the scene in this one. Mindlessness is a nice brain nap sometimes. B|
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

NWFlyer

I may be the only one, but I've never been able to watch Clark Gregg without the first thing that comes to mind being "Quo Vadimus."

I actually haven't watched the show at all, and fast forwarded to the scene in this one. Mindlessness is a nice brain nap sometimes. B|

If you get a chance and want something with him in it that's a little less mindless, check out the recent version of "Much Ado About Nothing" adapted by Whedon.

http://dvd.netflix.com/Movie/Much-Ado-About-Nothing/70259081?strkid=1959946442_1_0&strackid=257605c5b5d462da_1_srl&trkid=1640825

Gregg makes a fine Benedick.
quade -

This is that T.V prog where the secret folks wear hidden comms gear and then put their finger in their ears to completely let everyone know [bhaaaaaaaa] .... they must be taking the piss out the the genre.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

It's mindless comic book fun. A guilty pleasure of mine.

I gotta be honest, I thought it mined every cliche in the book. And not in a knowing, ironic sort of way, but just out of creative laziness. Seriously, the last-minute-save-the-day action climax of the first episode went down in slow motion. Slow motion with gold tinted lighting, heroic character close-ups and triumphant music. It was like being drowned in syrup.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Never forget the purpose of a television program. While some might think it has to have some great meaning or has to be creative or even good, the only reason a program exists is to fill in the spaces between the commercials and keep some segment tuned in. As long as it does that, it's all good.

It's not brain surgery. Don't expect it to be profound.
quade -

jakee

It's mindless comic book fun. A guilty pleasure of mine.

I gotta be honest, I thought it mined every cliche in the book. And not in a knowing, ironic sort of way, but just out of creative laziness. Seriously, the last-minute-save-the-day action climax of the first episode went down in slow motion. Slow motion with gold tinted lighting, heroic character close-ups and triumphant music. It was like being drowned in syrup.

It's no "Game of Thrones" - that's for sure ... but plays to it's intended demographic ..... "Bubble gum for the mind".

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

quade

Never forget the purpose of a television program. While some might think it has to have some great meaning or has to be creative or even good, the only reason a program exists is to fill in the spaces between the commercials and keep some segment tuned in. As long as it does that, it's all good.

I'm not replying to you because you said it was a well executed money spinner, I'm replying to you because you said you liked it.

It's not brain surgery. Don't expect it to be profound.

I don't expect it to be profound, I don't even expect it to be as good as Iron Man or The Avengers. But from a company with their resources and creative talent on tap I'd expect it to be better than Daredevil or Catwoman.

Okay, so then what is it, precisely, that you want me to say here? Did you want me to agree with you that it's as bad or worse than "Catwoman"? I'm not sure I can do that, because I don't think it is and they were made for different reasons by different people with different budgets.

Film and (traditional network) television are completely different animals.
quade -

Okay, so then what is it, precisely, that you want me to say here?

Nothing. I'm just pointing out that a lecture on the commercial imperatives of network TV is irrelevant.

And that the show is crap and you have terrible taste;)