JohnMitchell

Damn, I broke my collar bone.

JohnMitchell

Super cool! We've got some friends for you and Karen to meet. I'm stoked! Then next month our place.B|

She wont be with me in Eloy, she will join me in Feb when we drive up the PCH to your new place:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

airgord

Did the same thing three years ago, after it was plated I was mobile in 2 weeks, the four broken ribs and scapula slowed me down a bit though.
Glad to hear you were wearing a helmet. Heal well!

Thanks. Good to hear. I'm not half as banged up as you were. I should recover pretty quickly.

Yep on the helmet. I'm a believer. B|

:)

Dude, that really sucks, but glad it wasn't worse... :S

A friend of my ex was telling the story of how he once flew off his bike... Split his helmet right in half, but that helmet totally saved his head... He also said he would never again ride without one. He has left over pain (from a broken neck), but was pretty lucky overall. Sounds like you were as well, thank god :)
Hope you heal quickly :)
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

promise5

If there wasn't a plane involved it doesn't count as a jump or even an incident. :(

Totally glad it wasn't a jump incident. I love our sport and hate to ever make it look bad. I was giving a talk at a local museum today on skydiving and the first thing I mentioned was that it was NOT a skydiving injury that had my arm in a sling. ;):D

JohnMitchell

I was giving a talk at a local museum today on skydiving and the first thing I mentioned was that it was NOT a skydiving injury that had my arm in a sling. ;):D

Did they buy that story?:|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

JohnMitchell

******I was giving a talk at a local museum today on skydiving and the first thing I mentioned was that it was NOT a skydiving injury that had my arm in a sling. ;):D

Did they buy that story?:|

It was a DB Cooper fan club. I'm sure they had their own theories about the cover up. :D

OMG!!!:o
That thread has a fan club now?:|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

JohnMitchell

Yep, I've never been in that thread but they mentioned DZ.com as a source of information yesterday. Nice bunch of people, had a lot of questions for us. Met a guy named Rob who hijacked a plane for real in Reno. Super nice guy.

Are you saying you really met this guy?
http://aviaed.wordpress.com/2011/11/23/d-b-cooper-case-inspired-copycat-hijackings-in-reno/

JohnMitchell

Yep. He was pretty cool, totally regrets what he did. He served his time, got out, finished his degree and built a good life. He's "chill" like most jumpers and would be welcome in our home anytime.:)

Story: http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3289544

Arrested on east side of lake about 5:30 AM. They staked out a white Triumph sedan parked off the dirt road that runs off of Eastshore Rd in Washoe City. On the back was a sticker reading: "Member of U.S. Parachute Association"

Damn! Foiled by the USPA!>:(
:D:D:D:D:D:D