shropshire

Sweet...sweet PG film

yoink

you, Sir, are a fucking arsehole.

Just when I thought I'd got rid of my fixation for flying stuff, you go and show me that?

Now I need paraglider lessons.

Much WANT.

Bwhaaaaaaa. you're welcome mateB|

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

I'm still considering becoming 'biwingual'. Wish there were hills / mountains around here.

http://youtu.be/6BGNI06J7Rg

This was a really nice flight and pretty perfect landing my son caught on video.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

That was in the States. The 'hill' is called Lookout Mountain. It is part of the Appalachian Mountains south of the Great Smoky Mountains. Even those don't compare to the Rocky Mountains out West. Not sure what the real definition of a mountain is. The launch there is 1340' above the LZ.

My lamentation is that I am in Belgium...nothing to launch from. I have to go to an airfield an hour away to be towed up by a Dragonfly ultralight. Ah well. The things we do for love.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

I have a similar problem .. I live in East Anglia.. (flat as a pancake).. we do have a little coast soaring (not sure a Hangie could do must here .. too low, I'd think).

We don't need much on a PG.. just a good breeze and a low ridge will get us airbourne for a while... I love a coastal run

All the best,
Tony

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

davjohns

That was in the States. The 'hill' is called Lookout Mountain. It is part of the Appalachian Mountains south of the Great Smoky Mountains. Even those don't compare to the Rocky Mountains out West. Not sure what the real definition of a mountain is. The launch there is 1340' above the LZ.

And just for confusion, "Lookout Mt" is also the name of the mountain on the West edge of Golden CO, and it *does* have a hang-glider/paraglider launch. In the attached image, look for the white spot in a patch of blue in the upper left corner. That is the windsock at the launch point. They launch just a short hike above the road.

Here is the video that was captured from: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRSj7o-Ekq8
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.