LuckyMcSwervy

Your House Is On Fire...

Your house is on fire. Your family and pets are all safely outside waiting for the fire department. Your home and it's entire contents are insured for full replacement value and then some. You won't be injured/killed/etc. (because you have some sort of magical powers or whatever you want to call them). You're allowed to pick up and take ONE THING out the front door to survive the flames. What is it?

I'd take my D & B tote bag because it always has my smaller purse and laptop inside. Everything I need is in my purse (cell, bank cards, cash, keys, thumb drives, chargers, etc.) and my laptop is access to the outside world where there's at least one backup of essential information.
Always be kinder than you feel.

Nothing other than paper photos. I really should scan them and backup with the rest of the stuff offsite.

That way it'll be easier for my kids to ignore the stuff, that means nothing to them anyway, in the eventual someday. :D One less thing for them to feel guilty about getting rid of.

lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

normiss

Person or animal.

Nothing else matters.

For that matter, it might depend on which animal.
:)

From the pictures I've seen I think Monty is your favorite. I hope Phoebe reads this and now you need to sleep with one eye open. :P

I remember pet names, I'm weird. :S

mrubin

My computer. I don't care so much about the machine, but I could never replace all the photos on it.

Can you send the pics to an offsite/online backup place? I thought I lost pictures of my Dad during a crash. I almost died of heartache until one of my coworkers recovered them all for me. Phew.

oldwomanc6

Nothing other than paper photos. I really should scan them and backup with the rest of the stuff offsite.

That way it'll be easier for my kids to ignore the stuff, that means nothing to them anyway, in the eventual someday. :D One less thing for them to feel guilty about getting rid of.

Girl, get to scanning!! And backing them up somewhere safe!! :P

LuckyMcSwervy

***I'd be torn between my desktop computer and my mediacenter's drive array.

Decisions, decisions!! :o

Yeah, the former just because while I have backups of everything, the effort of locating a replacement would annoy me.

The latter because it took for. Fucking. EVER to rip all the DVDs and BluRays. Months. I could do it again but I'd rather not.
cavete terrae.

grue

******I'd be torn between my desktop computer and my mediacenter's drive array.

Decisions, decisions!! :o

Yeah, the former just because while I have backups of everything, the effort of locating a replacement would annoy me.

The latter because it took for. Fucking. EVER to rip all the DVDs and BluRays. Months. I could do it again but I'd rather not.

That's time consuming as hell!! Like I said, decisions, decisions!! :D

oldwomanc6

***The BEER!

How else are you going to enjoy the massive bonfire?

So says the man with no home. Easy for you to say.

You know darned well, buying getting more beer is easy! :ph34r:

True, I own nothing of sentiment. All my pictures and important skydiving video is online. Everything else is just stuff that I would be happy to have replaced by insurance.

So my answer remains the same. I would save the beer. Especially of the fire was on a Sunday as you can't get alcohol here on Sundays.
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

hcsvader

******The BEER!

How else are you going to enjoy the massive bonfire?

So says the man with no home. Easy for you to say.

You know darned well, buying getting more beer is easy! :ph34r:

True, I own nothing of sentiment. All my pictures and important skydiving video is online. Everything else is just stuff that I would be happy to have replaced by insurance.

So my answer remains the same. I would save the beer. Especially of the fire was on a Sunday as you can't get alcohol here on Sundays.

I bet you'd be a good cleaner outer on one of those hoarders shows!