Amazon

Sometimes.. feces just occurs

BillyVance

******Considering the average interstate is about 12' wide and your typical big truck is 102" wide it leaves you with about 3-4' of room between trucks if they're both running down the center of their lanes.
Even a loud bike would be near impossible to hear coming in order to make a little extra room which most truckers would do considering most aren't making money when the wheels stop turning.
Aside from stupidity, would this fall into the " target fixation" category or something else?

Nah.. just a severe case of dumbassery.:ph34r:

Exactly! Seen a few cases of those. Fucking assholes riding like "hey look at me! I'm a badass!" :S

DUUUDE the guy was exceeding his brains speed limit:ph34r:

JohnMitchell

******"There was no way I was going to stop!"

:o

there was plenty of time for him to stop, he's just crap at judging widths:ph34r:

Could have gone left or right, either side. Think outside the box (or lanes) and steer for daylight. ;)

I think someone was panicking at that point.. no thought about how to save his butt let onle the crotch rocket.. Hey we all know it could have been a lot worse..:S.

I've had at least 4 crotch rocket riders blow by me like I was standing still and they were going 60mph. The truth was I was going at least 75-80mph!! :S

One time one of them pulled up next to the car I was riding in and did a wheelie then shot off into the distance. Whoopie doo. :|

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

BillyVance

I've had at least 4 crotch rocket riders blow by me like I was standing still and they were going 60mph. The truth was I was going at least 75-80mph!! :S

One time one of them pulled up next to the car I was riding in and did a wheelie then shot off into the distance. Whoopie doo. :|

They scare the hell out of me when I'm cruising along, let's say I-95, and they scream by me like I'm taking a nap. I'm a very observant driver but when I don't see you coming up from behind I know you're bookingggggggggg.

I also love it when I see people who do that to the traffic pulled over on a traffic stop up ahead. ;)

And BTW, those of you who travel the New Jersey Turnpike, especially in Northern New Jersey, know people love to throw a handful of pennies out of their windows at asshole drivers. Dangerous! :|
Always be kinder than you feel.

I remind all other bike riders that we are invisible. It's not that cage drivers hate us. They just can't see us. Their mind is looking for other cages. If they don't see a cage, there isn't a vehicle there. Thus, we are invisible.

I ride as if I am invisible, but a few cage drivers can see me because they want to do me harm. It has served me well.

I don't split lanes. I'm not in that much of a hurry.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

There's tons of motorcycles around here and you're absolutely correct. I don't hate them on the roads, I sometimes just can't see the ones who are speedingggggg along but sometimes I'm lucky enough to hear them first. Sometimes.

In my experience, it's not the big Harley type bikes that are being the jerky drivers. Seems like it's the young kids on the crotch rockets, sometimes riding solo, sometimes in packs. I've seen the pics of a guy who tried to outrun the police and went head first into a brick wall of a school after he was launched from his crotch rocket after it hit a curb at a T intersection. Was not pretty.

After missing my flight from Denver back home because of accident-induced freeway closures (2 of them -- it was snowing), my thought is that anyone who through sheer stupidity like that causes an accident that delays others should be forced to watch accident video for the amount of time that the combined population lost due to that accident.

Obviously unrealistic, but one can always dream :)
Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Then we would get screwed twice...
First time from lost production and then additional taxes in the tune of a few billion to pay for that new program.
Even better idea...since obamas talking about rebuilding the infrastructure ( again) anyway, reduce the width of the highway lane by a couple of feet. We could save a ton of money on asphalt/concrete and rebar, we wouldn't need to create a new program and the dummies that still tried splitting lanes most likely wouldn't need too much medical care.
I could possibly even squeeze a fuel savings out of it if I had slightly less lane to navigate in.

LuckyMcSwervy

There's tons of motorcycles around here and you're absolutely correct. I don't hate them on the roads, I sometimes just can't see the ones who are speedingggggg along but sometimes I'm lucky enough to hear them first. Sometimes.

In my experience, it's not the big Harley type bikes that are being the jerky drivers. Seems like it's the young kids on the crotch rockets, sometimes riding solo, sometimes in packs.

Bingo. That's my experience too. Usually, you can see them if their headlight is bright enough. I do keep looking at my mirrors every few seconds and looking around when I can due to not hearing anything. But when one of them is going like 40-50mph faster, they're about to pass you without you even knowing it. THAT has happened to me a couple times. "Where the fuck did that asshole come from?? Damn!!"
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

BillyVance

***There's tons of motorcycles around here and you're absolutely correct. I don't hate them on the roads, I sometimes just can't see the ones who are speedingggggg along but sometimes I'm lucky enough to hear them first. Sometimes.

In my experience, it's not the big Harley type bikes that are being the jerky drivers. Seems like it's the young kids on the crotch rockets, sometimes riding solo, sometimes in packs.

Bingo. That's my experience too. Usually, you can see them if their headlight is bright enough. I do keep looking at my mirrors every few seconds and looking around when I can due to not hearing anything. But when one of them is going like 40-50mph faster, they're about to pass you without you even knowing it. THAT has happened to me a couple times. "Where the fuck did that asshole come from?? Damn!!"

Hey as long as they are not going too fast to mess up all thoseyoung healthy usable organs.. its all good.

Amazon

Hey as long as they are not going too fast to mess up all thoseyoung healthy usable organs.. its all good.

The problem is the real idiots don't leave usable organs. The catastrophic crashes don't leave much behind, and for the "DRT" ones, they often leave the body lay there for a while during the investigation.

In both cases, the organs are useless.

It's the low speed, no helmet crashes, where the body isn't too badly damaged, but there are extensive head injuries that give us "donorcyclists."
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

The problem is the real idiots don't leave usable organs. The catastrophic crashes don't leave much behind, and for the "DRT" ones, they often leave the body lay there for a while during the investigation.

In both cases, the organs are useless.

It's the low speed, no helmet crashes, where the body isn't too badly damaged, but there are extensive head injuries that give us "donorcyclists."

I really don't want to see the DRT ones. Pics from fatal investigations were enough for me.

One of my my former coworkers, and also a coworker of my Dad, brother and husband at the time, who I had just given a bunch of shit about for FTA at my wedding and costing my Dad a bunch of money, turned a corner almost in front of his own house with his wife and kids out front and had a head on collision with a car. There was a car parked the wrong way in the street which impeded his vision coming around the corner. Low speed but the blunt force trauma exploded his organs and they couldn't be donated. He was on a crotch rocket but I guess that didn't matter in this case. They still tried to get him to the hospital as quickly as they could but they knew he was gone. I remember my exHusband calling me from the detective car as he was driving the other cop's wife to the hospital and trying to tell me Delmar was gone without her catching on. This guy's brother, another cop on the same department, responded to the scene as well. It was really, really sad. He was also one of my Dad's best friend's sons, another cop of the same department too.

God, I hadn't thought about that in years. :(

LuckyMcSwervy

One of my my former coworkers, and also a coworker of my Dad, brother and husband at the time, :(

Father, brother, and husband...at the same time? How long did you live in Kentucky?

:D
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

davjohns

One of my my former coworkers, and also a coworker of my Dad, brother and husband at the time, :(

Father, brother, and husband...at the same time? How long did you live in Kentucky?

:D

Forgot to include uncle.

Like a lot of police departments, lots of family ties on the same department.