LuckyMcSwervy

The Oscars

Is anyone else watching? I very rarely watch awards shows but I'm really missing one of my girlfriends who passed away almost a year ago. She loved movies and used to love putting together little Oscar parties at the DZ.

They seem to really be running slow. Too much filler but I do think Pharrell Willaims musical number was cute.

I like looking at the gowns and hairstyles on the woman. So many beautiful ensembles.

I'm super bored. :D
Always be kinder than you feel.

The fact that Bad Grandpa didn't win for makeup is a travesty and shows how much of a farce this shit is.

Even if they didn't like the movie, that makeup had to fool strangers IN PERSON, not after postproduction.

Pfft.
cavete terrae.

LuckyMcSwervy

I guess I should finally make some time to watch Gravity. It's one once or twice tonight for "stuff". :)
And this Bette Midler shit is making me want to stab my ears. :|

A bit off key eh...:ph34r:

All that Choir stuff for so many years did train my ear.. very nicely.

Gravity is well worth watching... I kinda dig gravity:ph34r:

Partay on stage.. 12 years a Slave Best Piccie

LuckyMcSwervy

They seem to really be running slow. Too much filler but I do think Pharrell Willaims musical number was cute.

I like looking at the gowns and hairstyles on the woman. So many beautiful ensembles.

Vskydiver and I sat and watched it, doing our private voting on who should win. I thought Ellen did a B+ job of MC-ing. She kept it light and funny, but some of her bits drug a little.

Didn't like seeing Capt. Phillips and Philomena getting shut out, but oh well. Thought 12 Years a Slave deserved every award it got. B|

One of my guilt pleasures is watching Fashion Police with Vskydiver and my daughter every week. You should tune in and watch their coverage of the Oscar's fashions. It's always fun to watch Joan Rivers dish out the slams. B|

LuckyMcSwervy

Dude. I've been meaning to watch that one. Now I'll get pissed it didn't win after I see it.

This stuff must be rigged! >:(

:D

Everything in life is rigged. Its all about who you know or don't know.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

Arvoitus

***Dude. I've been meaning to watch that one. Now I'll get pissed it didn't win after I see it.

It's not about what you know, its all about who you blow.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

theonlyski

******Dude. I've been meaning to watch that one. Now I'll get pissed it didn't win after I see it.

It's not about what you know, its all about who you blow.

Yup. State motto of getting promoted in NJ.

JohnMitchell

One of my guilt pleasures is watching Fashion Police with Vskydiver and my daughter every week. You should tune in and watch their coverage of the Oscar's fashions. It's always fun to watch Joan Rivers dish out the slams. B|

I've seen Joan's Fashion Police show a few times. She's hilarious.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Reminds me of a high-school prom / popularity contest with a dose of politics. Recently, it seems any movie that gets 'honored' in the awards is going to be a 'must miss' for me. Not always, but regularly.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

JohnMitchell

***They seem to really be running slow. Too much filler but I do think Pharrell Willaims musical number was cute.

I did have on some of E! red carpet stuff. I don't really care for the opinions of the hosts, just like seeing some of the ensembles and decide for myself, not that it makes any difference in my life. Frankly, I can't stand how freaking mean and catty they can be over FASHION. Their remarks can be so damn juvenile. I just don't like the critical talk from people who aren't "perfect" themselves.

JohnMitchell

One of my guilt pleasures is watching Fashion Police with Vskydiver

We've seen pictures of your wife. THAT is the best 'guilty pleasure' you can come up with?

You're holding out on us, dude.

I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.