abhishek6383

Interested in learning how to fly

abhishek6383

Any one knows cheap schools or does anyone know someone who is willing to help me with his/her aircraft and let me accumulate hours. Would appreciate all the help

Sure, I'm sure somebody will just let you use their aircraft. Nice first post.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

abhishek6383

Any one knows cheap schools or does anyone know someone who is willing to help me with his/her aircraft and let me accumulate hours. Would appreciate all the help

I hope you're like 10 years old. Other than that, there's no excuse for this.
Apex BASE

When did this become a site about learning how to fly airplanes? And here I thought it was pretty obvious in the name of the site what this was all about... silly me.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Quagmirian

I don't think this is such an unreasonable request. Flying jumpers can be a very good way to build hours, and you never know who you might meet at the DZ.

That's not what the OP asked for.

If it's off-topic networking stuff, put it in Bonfire.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

If you go to Missisipi..... There they have open days for pilots, actually, every other Saturday is open day.

You just go there, fill in the indemnity form, and you can fly. They don't even check for a license. You can then choose between the C206RG, the Twin Otter, or the PAC750XL.

You have to drop a few jumpers, but after that, you can empty the tanks to where ever you want to go, but please keep in mind the 45min reserve.

You can contact them by e-mail: [email protected]

Best of luck.
You have the right to your opinion, and I have the right to tell you how Fu***** stupid it is.
Davelepka - "This isn't an x-box, or a Chevy truck forum"
Whatever you do, don't listen to ChrisD.

potatoman

If you go to Missisipi..... There they have open days for pilots, actually, every other Saturday is open day.

You just go there, fill in the indemnity form, and you can fly. They don't even check for a license. You can then choose between the C206RG, the Twin Otter, or the PAC750XL.

You have to drop a few jumpers, but after that, you can empty the tanks to where ever you want to go, but please keep in mind the 45min reserve.

Best of luck.

Better check again Taterman...the guy who took the PAC last saturday hasn't brought it back yet. :S

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

airtwardo

***If you go to Missisipi..... There they have open days for pilots, actually, every other Saturday is open day.

Best of luck.

Better check again Taterman...the guy who took the PAC last saturday hasn't brought it back yet. :S

Hey! I was wondering where our new PAC came from.
:P
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

Quagmirian

I don't think this is such an unreasonable request. Flying jumpers can be a very good way to build hours, and you never know who you might meet at the DZ.

Be scared, very scared.

Would you like to get on jump plane being flown by a rookie:S

A lot of us have known to many jumpers that got killed on TO because the pilot screwed up.>:(
One Jump Wonder

abhishek6383

Uh... NO

Join an aero club.. usually cheaper than commercial outfits..

OR as suggested.. the Military does an adequate job... but you need a pretty good education first and last I checked basket weaving degrees are not highly sought after.
Did I mention there might be a few "strings" attached to driving government airplanes.

abhishek6383

That is a brilliant idea. How much is a plane. I think I got 75 k only and am not sure that will get me a plane

You can get a used 172 for a lot less than that, and rent it out to a flight school. That's what a friend of mine did. Doing that pretty much paid for the plane itself.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

ianyapxw

Take Off

Thanks for the reply. I didn't know aircraft incidents are so common, thought they were rare ... [:/]

Check out the incident forum: C206 Australia, march 21st. 5 dead, plane crashed just after T.O. Great pilot with a total of 600 flying Hrs.[:/]

The two tandem passengers were husband and wife, left 5 orphan's.:(
One Jump Wonder

Southern_Man

***Any one knows cheap schools or does anyone know someone who is willing to help me with his/her aircraft and let me accumulate hours. Would appreciate all the help

Sure, I'm sure somebody will just let you use their aircraft. Nice first post.

It happens.

One of our jump pilots owned a Cessna 172 which he rented me for $60/hour wet (obviously that was a while ago).

I also got a discount on his services as a flight instructor.