Dumpster

Wings container question -

As to your second point, the whole idea of a low base price and lots of options is central to the Wings philosophy. Henri, the designer, believes that gear is too expensive generally and wanted to make the Wings affordable to people with limited budgets. That way, they are not forced to pay for options like stainless steel if they don't want them. The more options there are, the more you can tailor your rig to your personal desires and your means. If you want to load it up with options, go ahead. Remember, all it takes is money

Wings has the right idea doing that. Many times a new jumper needs a rig that will fit and they can't afford to pay tons of money. Heck, they just spent tons of money on their student jumps.

I've been in the sport for over 25 years, and just this year was the first time I bought a rig with all the bells and whistles. Thanks Ankie and Gareth for all the help.
I love my Wings!
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Cordura is harder-wearing than parapac, but parapac is smoother. There are some color issues as well between the two fabrics.

I am a huge fan of Cordura, and am really happy with it. It is a matter of choice, but I especially like my cordura pilot chute pouch over the spandex.

What are the differences between the Parapak and the Cordura? I am getting ready to order my first rig. I thought about used, but I think i will order a new Wings container, and then wotk on the rest.

If you're going to be landing on the runway, or scraping thru the grass and dirt a lot, it is my understanding that Cordura is the better pick. I have a Parapak Javelin (95' or 96') right now, and it is in excellent shape (although, I don't think it had very many jumps when I got it, looked brand new). I love the look of Parapak with compare to cordura. But, I ordered my new container with cordura for no real good reason, really, just like to try out different stuff. :)

-A

Don't get parapak for any of the regular flaps on the container. Parapak will look real 'crinkly' because it is not very stiff. Besides not wearing well.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Thanks everyone for the Cordura vs parapak answers. I was going to go used for all gear, but decided a new Wings container would be a good investment. The main and reserve will have to be used for now, as I am buying gear for my wife as well. She went and did a tandem, got hooked, is finishing off student status, and got me back involved again after a 8 year layoff.

Thanks, again
<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have a para pak rig that i got second hand. It has held up wonderful and cleans up great. I will say that if you don't have the right sized canopies in it, it will not look it's best. But i love mine and it looks great. I'll post a picture later.

Patrick