BillyVance

A new era in College Football begins

JerryBaumchen

Hi BV,

The voters finally got it right

With the exception of those Alabama coaches/sports writers who did not vote for him.

:P

Sour grapes, anyone?

Jerry Baumchen

No sour grapes here. Mariota is a class act. He had an outstanding season. Cooper has the Biletnikoff Award. I'm happy.

I just think giving the award to freshmen was a massive failure. Character really should be considered in addition to performance on the field.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

JerryBaumchen

Hi 0312,

The Ducks will do what they always do.... come up short.

Time will tell. My observation is that they are sort of like the Seahawks this year; don't really get going until the 2nd half.

It is only a game,

Jerry Baumchen

JB... it is only a game. The Ducks look better than they ever have in my opinion. They are dangerous and I cannot see them getting beat by FSU.

Billy... I wish the matchups would have been swapped. That way the two best teams would be playing for the championship. ;) O State/Bama

I just remember all of the talk a few years ago about how amazing Oregon and their offense were. They were gonna kill the Buckeyes in the Rose Bowl....

O State 26 Oregon 17
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

Rstanley0312

***Hi 0312,

The Ducks will do what they always do.... come up short.

Time will tell. My observation is that they are sort of like the Seahawks this year; don't really get going until the 2nd half.

It is only a game,

Jerry Baumchen

JB... it is only a game. The Ducks look better than they ever have in my opinion. They are dangerous and I cannot see them getting beat by FSU.

Billy... I wish the matchups would have been swapped. That way the two best teams would be playing for the championship. ;) O State/Bama

I just remember all of the talk a few years ago about how amazing Oregon and their offense were. They were gonna kill the Buckeyes in the Rose Bowl....

O State 26 Oregon 17

Hell, even Auburn beat Oregon in the BCS title game with a middling defense.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

So... Urban Meyer is losing both of his coordinators to head coaching positions, the DC to Missouri State and the OC to Houston.

The question is, are they staying through the playoffs for the Buckeyes?

BillyVance

So... Urban Meyer is losing both of his coordinators to head coaching positions, the DC to Missouri State and the OC to Houston.

I'm still trying to figure out how undefeated is worse than 11 and 1.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

***So... Urban Meyer is losing both of his coordinators to head coaching positions, the DC to Missouri State and the OC to Houston.

12-1 actually. Welcome to the CFB playoffs and the playoff committee's way of doing things that nobody seems to be able to put a finger on. The old school way of ranking the teams would have had FSU #1 for sure.

BillyVance

******So... Urban Meyer is losing both of his coordinators to head coaching positions, the DC to Missouri State and the OC to Houston.

12-1 actually. Welcome to the CFB playoffs and the playoff committee's way of doing things that nobody seems to be able to put a finger on. The old school way of ranking the teams would have had FSU #1 for sure.

I think it is stupid and unfair.

Politics and money are deciding rankings instead of talent, ability, coaching, and spirit.

Its criminal.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

*********So... Urban Meyer is losing both of his coordinators to head coaching positions, the DC to Missouri State and the OC to Houston.

I think it is stupid and unfair.

Politics and money are deciding rankings instead of talent, ability, coaching, and spirit.

Its criminal.

That's a fair argument. Baylor and TCU really got hosed, and their conference commissioner did them no favors.

Then again they didn't have a conference title game so they didn't have that extra game like the other conferences do.

I do think (but can't prove it) that Wisconsin laid down for Ohio State to give the Buckeyes as best a chance to get in the playoffs, because... 59-0???? :S Then again, Bama did the same thing to Texas A&M. Crazy things happen in college football.

But...Oregon, FSU, OSU and Bama are all big name schools capable of drawing huge interest, filling stadiums and posting good viewer ratings.

The bowls do the same thing. They'll choose one school over another if they think the fans travel well or the game would get better ratings, etc...

People have been bitching about college football for decades. Back in the old days the #2 or #3 teams had legitimate gripes about the polls giving the national title to the #1 team, like say Michigan State/Notre Dame being named co-champs in '66 after playing each other to a tie, and back-to-back defending champions and undefeated Alabama being left out in 3rd. Somebody is always going to say its unfair. This year, it's Baylor and TCU's turn.

turtlespeed

***Fantasy Football.

Right.

FSU should have the 1 seed for sure. That said the top four are the right top four. They got it right in that regard. Justifying an undefeated team that happens to be last years Champ at anything other than the 1 seed is not possible. Any argument made to justify that is just stupid.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

Rstanley0312

******Fantasy Football.

Right.

FSU should have the 1 seed for sure. That said the top four are the right top four. They got it right in that regard. Justifying an undefeated team that happens to be last years Champ at anything other than the 1 seed is not possible. Any argument made to justify that is just stupid.

I have to agree, as much as I hate the Criminoles... They are riding a 30 game winning streak and should be #1 until they lose.

But you know, if you look at it this way, it's a great pair of playoff matchups. You've got last year's Heisman winner squaring off against this year's Heisman winner in the Rose Bowl. Then you've got two head coaches with 5 national titles between them going head to head at the Sugar Bowl in a renewal of their Bama-Florida rivalry. :)

We're almost there! B|

Bowl games are in full swing, and the playoff semifinals are 3 days from now with FSU taking on Oregon in the Rose Bowl and Ohio State playing Alabama in the Sugar. Winners face off at Jerry World in Arlington, Texas for all the marbles on January 12.

This was an interesting graphic posted on Bleacher Report showing the majority of Twitter followers for each playoff team. Alabama has by far the most Twitter followers, and the best reach across the country compared to the other three. This doesn't mean all of these Twitter followers are Bama fans, just that Bama seems to hold the most interest of football fans wanting to keep up with. Oregon does dominate the west. Alabama dominates the south except for Florida, and seems to have an edge in the midwest though there are followers for all 4 teams spread out in that area, and Ohio is dominantly Ohio State, but also including (gasp) southern Michigan! :o:D

Of course, this means nothing to what will transpire on the fields this Thursday afternoon/evening.

Let the games begin!

Oops... forgot the link... http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2313404-twitter-map-shows-county-by-county-fandom-for-college-football-playoff-teams

PLFKING

but also including (gasp) southern Michigan! :o:D

Don't choke on your Wheaties......they're just pulling for the Big Ten. ;)

Don

You guys must not be die-hard Michigan fans then...

I flatly refused to cheer for Auburn in last season's title game against Florida State. I wasn't happy that we had to watch FSU win either, but from our perspective, better them than Auburn, just because of the way those barner fans trash-talk. Fuck 'em. :P

This time though, it's anybody BUT Florida State. I want Winston HUMILIATED. And I think Alabama's the only one of the other 3 contenders that have that capability. First things first though... send Meyer back to the hospital. :P

Yesterday was an outstanding day though. The Big 12 teams went 0-3. Bob Stoops and his Chokelahoma Sooners got ripped by Clemson and Dabo Swinney (former Bama WR), and Texas A&M and Arkansas both beat WVU and Texas respectively.

Big Game Bob must be eating crow now. All that blather about the Big 12 being a better overall conference than the SEC last year, and look where we're at now. SEC teams are now 3-0 in bowls. Big 12 0-3. Playoffs have the PAC 12, Big 10, SEC and ACC champions. Who's left out? Yep, Big 12. HAAAAAA

Fucking LSU had to go and lose to Notre Dame?? Really??? Sure, there was a controversial call on the fake field goal play that they swear they scored with, but where was that defense? :S

I can say one thing for sure... Next season's Bama-LSU game is gonna be another classic slobber-knocker. Possibly the two best running backs in the country on the field against the other's defense. Derrick Henry for the Tide and Leonard Fournette for the Tigers. B|