BillyVance

A new era in College Football begins

Rstanley0312

I still think O State gets in with a win against Wisconsin. It will be tough but the "third string" QB is a BEAST. We will see how he can handle the pressure.

Hi Billy!

It'll be interesting though. They've bounced back after the bad loss at home to a 6-6 Virginia Tech team. If the other 1-loss contenders win out, the committee's going to have a conundrum over who lost to who...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

BillyVance

***I still think O State gets in with a win against Wisconsin. It will be tough but the "third string" QB is a BEAST. We will see how he can handle the pressure.

Hi Billy!

It'll be interesting though. They've bounced back after the bad loss at home to a 6-6 Virginia Tech team. If the other 1-loss contenders win out, the committee's going to have a conundrum over who lost to who...

If O State wins by two scores or more there should not be a discussion. They should be in. O state plays VaTech now and they destroy them. Barrett was green with a young O line. Not to mention Barrett had not even played a game since his Jr. year in High School. The loss is horrible but I think the Buckeyes will get it done. I will be at the game so either I will be celebrating huge or crying... both will be complimented by large amounts of beer! ;)
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

Rstanley0312

******I still think O State gets in with a win against Wisconsin. It will be tough but the "third string" QB is a BEAST. We will see how he can handle the pressure.

Hi Billy!

If O State wins by two scores or more there should not be a discussion. They should be in. O state plays VaTech now and they destroy them. Barrett was green with a young O line. Not to mention Barrett had not even played a game since his Jr. year in High School. The loss is horrible but I think the Buckeyes will get it done. I will be at the game so either I will be celebrating huge or crying... both will be complimented by large amounts of beer! ;)

Seriously though, I hope Ohio State makes it in. A Final Four of Alabama, Florida State, Oregon and Ohio State would be outstanding. Personally, I don't want TCU or Baylor getting in, because.... FUCK the Big 12 and FUCK Bob Stoops' mealy anti-SEC mouth... and.... they don't have a conference championship game. Fuck em.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

BillyVance

*********I still think O State gets in with a win against Wisconsin. It will be tough but the "third string" QB is a BEAST. We will see how he can handle the pressure.

Hi Billy!

Seriously though, I hope Ohio State makes it in. A Final Four of Alabama, Florida State, Oregon and Ohio State would be outstanding. Personally, I don't want TCU or Baylor getting in, because.... FUCK the Big 12 and FUCK Bob Stoops' mealy anti-SEC mouth... and.... they don't have a conference championship game. Fuck em.

It was a crap thing to do from the conference that has a slogan of "One True Champion" to declare co champions bc they did not want to step up and say Baylor is the champ if both Baylor and TCU win out. Head to Head matters. That whole thing annoyed me.

I am calling it though. Florida State gets beat this weekend.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.

Rstanley0312

************I still think O State gets in with a win against Wisconsin. It will be tough but the "third string" QB is a BEAST. We will see how he can handle the pressure.

Hi Billy!

It was a crap thing to do from the conference that has a slogan of "One True Champion" to declare co champions bc they did not want to step up and say Baylor is the champ if both Baylor and TCU win out. Head to Head matters. That whole thing annoyed me.

Yeah, that too. Fuck the Big 12, if they can't make up their mind...

And I would laugh if Georgia Tech beats Florida State. Seminoles remind me of Notre Dame, winning by the seat of their pants game after game after game to inferior competition. I would be fine with that too.

BillyVance

***************I still think O State gets in with a win against Wisconsin. It will be tough but the "third string" QB is a BEAST. We will see how he can handle the pressure.

Hi Billy!

Yeah, that too. Fuck the Big 12, if they can't make up their mind...

And I would laugh if Georgia Tech beats Florida State. Seminoles remind me of Notre Dame, winning by the seat of their pants game after game after game to inferior competition. I would be fine with that too.

You heard it here. Ga Tech wins that game.

It is finally here!

The four team playoff field has been set.

#1 Alabama vs #4 Ohio State in the Sugar Bowl
#2 Oregon vs #3 Florida State in the Rose Bowl

And then there's this.... ;)

Had the committee listened to ME, and STARTED with an 8-team playoff, we wouldn't have irate Texans running around detonating thermonuclear devices.

Good luck to your Tide, but I have to pull for the Big 10. I hear OSU is experimenting with grafting Miller's good ankle onto Barrett, so y'all might be in trouble. :)

Don

"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

PLFKING

Had the committee listened to ME, and STARTED with an 8-team playoff, we wouldn't have irate Texans running around detonating thermonuclear devices.

Good luck to your Tide, but I have to pull for the Big 10. I hear OSU is experimenting with grafting Miller's good ankle onto Barrett, so y'all might be in trouble. :)

Don

LOL Wisconsin aint no Alabama. The Buckeyes are gonna have their hands full defending that offense. Its going to be interesting to see how their 3rd string QB hangs in there against Alabama's front 7. Personally, I want Urban Meyer to suffer another bad beatdown to Bama, just like his last two games against the Tide at Florida. Hehehe. Made him quit. :ph34r:

BillyVance

***Had the committee listened to ME, and STARTED with an 8-team playoff, we wouldn't have irate Texans running around detonating thermonuclear devices.

Don

LOL Wisconsin aint no Alabama. The Buckeyes are gonna have their hands full defending that offense. Its going to be interesting to see how their 3rd string QB hangs in there against Alabama's front 7. Personally, I want Urban Meyer to suffer another bad beatdown to Bama, just like his last two games against the Tide at Florida. Hehehe. Made him quit. :ph34r:

Hi Billy.....

Well.... here we are. My Buckeyes against your Tide. I think it will be a great game. I actually think the only team built to beat Bama is O State. We will see if they can hang or if their youth hurts them. I am not worried about our QB at all.

Rstanley0312

******Had the committee listened to ME, and STARTED with an 8-team playoff, we wouldn't have irate Texans running around detonating thermonuclear devices.

Don

Hi Billy.....

Well.... here we are. My Buckeyes against your Tide. I think it will be a great game. I actually think the only team built to beat Bama is O State. We will see if they can hang or if their youth hurts them. I am not worried about our QB at all.

It's what Urban Meyer has built his team up for, to compete against a machine like Alabama. Problem is, it's hard to get ready for Alabama when the Big 10 as a whole, more or less sucks. Alabama is loaded top to bottom. They're big, fast, strong and physical, with play-makers all over. You can't double up any of them because it leaves another open for a big play. And, I'll take our QB Blake Sims over anybody else when the game is on the line. A 5th year senior who worked his ass off for 4 years and finally got a chance to lead the team. We call him Cool Hand Luke. Already holds many single season records. Not bad for a former RB/all-purpose player.B|

Then there's that 0-10 record the Buckeyes have against SEC teams in bowl games, not counting the one they used ineligible players to beat Arkansas with a few years back.

The question is how in the hell does Ohio State squeak by a middling Penn State team and then blow out Wisconsin by a 59-0 margin? Surely Wisconsin is a lot better than that. Rumors are flying around, including from Wisconsin fans that the football program was paid to lay down for Ohio State to help them get in the playoffs. There's an awful lot of money on the line for the Big 10. Playoff payouts are massive. I'm probably wrong anyway, maybe Wisconsin just didn't show up, like Texas A&M getting blanked by Bama by the same score then later on knocking off Auburn on the road. You never know.

But hey, better Ohio State being in the playoffs than either of the Big 12 co-champs (rolling eyes). Fuck the Big 12 and their lack of a conference championship and "One True Champion" slogan only to declare Baylor and TCU co-champs. Oh yeah, fuck Bob Stoops and the Sooners. Karma got them. I laughed when Oklahoma State beat them on the last play. He should shut the hell up and worry about his own team and conference and leave the other conferences alone.

It's gonna be a good game. I still see Bama pulling away late as their depth wears down the Buckeyes.

Oh and by the way, Alabama is the 2nd youngest team in the country experience-wise. Did you know that? Can't use youth as an excuse if you lose. ;)

Wow.... of the ten bowl-eligible teams from the Big 10 conference, all of them are underdogs according to this:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/big-ten-teams-underdogs-in-all-10-bowl-games/ar-BBgvoLt

BillyVance

*********Had the committee listened to ME, and STARTED with an 8-team playoff, we wouldn't have irate Texans running around detonating thermonuclear devices.

Don

Hi Billy.....

It's what Urban Meyer has built his team up for, to compete against a machine like Alabama. Problem is, it's hard to get ready for Alabama when the Big 10 as a whole, more or less sucks. Alabama is loaded top to bottom. They're big, fast, strong and physical, with play-makers all over. You can't double up any of them because it leaves another open for a big play. And, I'll take our QB Blake Sims over anybody else when the game is on the line. A 5th year senior who worked his ass off for 4 years and finally got a chance to lead the team. We call him Cool Hand Luke. Already holds many single season records. Not bad for a former RB/all-purpose player.B|

Then there's that 0-10 record the Buckeyes have against SEC teams in bowl games, not counting the one they used ineligible players to beat Arkansas with a few years back.

The question is how in the hell does Ohio State squeak by a middling Penn State team and then blow out Wisconsin by a 59-0 margin? Surely Wisconsin is a lot better than that. Rumors are flying around, including from Wisconsin fans that the football program was paid to lay down for Ohio State to help them get in the playoffs. There's an awful lot of money on the line for the Big 10. Playoff payouts are massive. I'm probably wrong anyway, maybe Wisconsin just didn't show up, like Texas A&M getting blanked by Bama by the same score then later on knocking off Auburn on the road. You never know.

But hey, better Ohio State being in the playoffs than either of the Big 12 co-champs (rolling eyes). Fuck the Big 12 and their lack of a conference championship and "One True Champion" slogan only to declare Baylor and TCU co-champs. Oh yeah, fuck Bob Stoops and the Sooners. Karma got them. I laughed when Oklahoma State beat them on the last play. He should shut the hell up and worry about his own team and conference and leave the other conferences alone.

It's gonna be a good game. I still see Bama pulling away late as their depth wears down the Buckeyes.

Oh and by the way, Alabama is the 2nd youngest team in the country experience-wise. Did you know that? Can't use youth as an excuse if you lose. ;)

It's a little different when your QB and O line are all that young. I am not talking averages here. ;) I think Bama is good but not as good as they have been. You cannot double any of our guys either. B| The logical side of me says Bama should win but at the same time I am saying that O State is built for this game. I was at the B1G championship game... we dominated them with one thing... pure speed. That is the edge the SEC has had. They will not have it against O State and also.... "top to bottom". Come on Billy. I know you support your conference but this crap about the SEC being that much better is a load of crap. Ya....Vandy, UK, etc.... they are super strong teams. lol :P

Seriously this will be a good game. I will say that this comes a year early for the Buckeyes. If we can beat Bama we can win it all. Just wait until next year!

JerryBaumchen

Mariota has earned all the hardware he's gotten so far. Outstanding year for him. #1 in QB efficiency rating as well.

Alabama WR Amari Cooper is a worthy Heisman Trophy candidate, and if Mariota and Gordon didn't have their monster seasons, Cooper would win it, but alas. Still happy that he took home the Biletnikoff Award for the best receiver. :)
Then again, all these individual awards are nice and all, but if there's one thing Alabama does better than anybody else in the country, it's winning championships. :P

JerryBaumchen

Hi BV,

if there's one thing Alabama does better than anybody else in the country, it's winning championships.

TBD

Good luck. GO DUCKS

Jerry Baumchen

If they would have made sure Dyer was down on the attempted tackle back in the 2010 championship game, they might have won it.

I had to put up with all the idiot barner fans yapping about being national champions all year after that. :|:P

JerryBaumchen

Hi BV,

if there's one thing Alabama does better than anybody else in the country, it's winning championships.

TBD

Good luck. GO DUCKS

Jerry Baumchen

The Ducks will do what they always do.... come up short. :P

They tend to buckle when facing great defense. Luckily FSU does not have that defense. I question if they really even have an offense this year.

Good luck. Glad it isn't just Billy and I getting in on this. ;)

Rstanley0312

***Hi BV,

TBD

Good luck. GO DUCKS

Jerry Baumchen

The Ducks will do what they always do.... come up short. :P

They tend to buckle when facing great defense. Luckily FSU does not have that defense. I question if they really even have an offense this year.

Good luck. Glad it isn't just Billy and I getting in on this. ;)

Talking about the Ducks... ;)

Does anybody think that maybe the pairings should have been swapped? Like Bama vs FSU and Oregon vs OSU? Really doesn't matter to me though, but I'm glad my team isn't going all the way to Pasadena. :ph34r: