nigel99

Marmite

This is the second reference I've seen to "marmite." What is it? I gather it is a wierd food product of some sort? From the post a month ago it semed like it was described as some kind of peanut butter stuff. where -what country is it sold?

I guess I could google and find out when I leave dz.com

This is the second reference I've seen to "marmite." What is it?

I think it is a pyrotechnic composition of a metal powder and a metal oxide.:|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Opinions on Marmite or its ozzie cousin vegemite?
It's not something that you can be neutral about.

you need 2 separate polls, Marmite and Vegemite taste nothing like each other:ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

you need 2 separate polls, Marmite and Vegemite taste nothing like each other:ph34r:

That's true, BUT Yeast and salt. Which yeast is used is going to change everything. Anytime you use yeast (bread beer, wine etc... and the fermentation time) will result in a product which is essentially the same, BUT NOT. :P
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Your video was blocked, but I suspect it was about the REAL drop bear. Have a look!

Never tasted Marmite, but Vegemite. I wouldn't eat it on my breakfast toast as my host did when I was on a course at ECU at Perth, but it's a nice spread for dinner, especially with German bread.
The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks

This is the second reference I've seen to "marmite." What is it?

I think it is a pyrotechnic composition of a metal powder and a metal oxide.:|

There are people over in Speaker's Corner who say that marmite bombs are what REALLY brought down the WTC.

Elvisio "ran out of evidence, they spread it all on their morning toast" Rodriguez

True, I am starting to miss marmite.

A while ago I took a little bottle of the stuff over for popsjumper (couldn't think of any other signature UK product not easily available in the US) he hated it :D
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

This is the second reference I've seen to "marmite." What is it? I gather it is a wierd food product of some sort? From the post a month ago it semed like it was described as some kind of peanut butter stuff. where -what country is it sold?

I guess I could google and find out when I leave dz.com

It is from the UK. It is black and very thick with consistency of smooth peanut butter. It is very salty and the closest I could descibe the taste is if you've ever tasted very burnt roast vegetables:ph34r:

The advertising campaign was love it or hate it. I like the stuff.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Ok so I kinda get the jest of what marmite is but what the heck is Vegemite?

P.S. Too lazy to Google it:P

Bry

Pretty much the same thing, but with a different recipe. I don't think vegemite is as sharp or strong. Vegemite is Australian.

So both are used as a spread on bread or toast then.

Sounds interesting....I always like trying something new in the food dept. I''ll have to try and find it.

What is it's availablity like in the states?

Bry
--------------------------------------------------
Growing old is mandatory.Growing up is optional!!

D.S.#13(Dudeist Skdiver)

I've seen it it many supermarkets. If you know anybody in the military, both of them are staples in most commissaries.

mrowc6 is a bagpiper, so we go to too many celtic festivals, and Marmite is always available, but I have never seen Vegemite at those.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

I was poking around on Amazon, looking at vegemite and marmite, and it suggested I might also be interesting in Tim Tam's.:D

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Marmite with cheese on toast - heavenly breakfast.

Vegemite on Toast with a poached egg and grilled cheese;)B|:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I was poking around on Amazon, looking at vegemite and marmite, and it suggested I might also be interesting in Tim Tam's.:D

I've never sent you Tim Tams, PM your addy I'll send some

It's been a couple of years since i sent a Tim Tam supply to you lost souls :ph34r:
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?