BillyVance

You know college football is here when....

The fans start putting up videos of bombastic rants against their team's rivals...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpGeCCYbMyg

Fat boy looks like a dead ringer for Peter of Family Guy!

:D:D:D:D:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

JohnnyMarko

Does...does he have a shrine for cowbells and football?

Jesus, the south is weird as fuck.

Some die-hard fans everywhere have football shrines in their homes. I just have one small shelf on the bookshelf with a 6 pack of Alabama football 1992 national champions cokes and a unopened Bear Bryant "315" coke bottle from the early 80's, but that's about it. ;)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Amazon

***The fans start putting up videos of bombastic rants against their team's rivals...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpGeCCYbMyg

Fat boy looks like a dead ringer for Peter of Family Guy!

:D:D:D:D:D

When Billy puts on his War Eagle colors??????:)

You will never, ever, and I MEAN NEVER see me wearing the cow college colors. Nobody is even going to get me to make any bets where Bama loses in the Iron Bowl, I'd have to put on Auburn clothes, hell to the fuck no. :P

That said, it's gonna be a fun season. Bama is loaded from top to bottom. But so is their schedule, rated as possibly the toughest of all time. Every team in the SEC West division are ranked in the top 25, plus both of Bama's East division opponents. It's going to be brutal, but I'm hoping Bama's depth on their roster will help them get through the season. Just to get back to the playoffs and see what happens then.

They did a nice job shutting Wisconsin's run game down. The Badgers averaged 320 YPG last year, and only managed 40 yards against Bama, of which 25 came on one play by a WR in the 4th quarter against the 2nd team defense.

I hope QB Jake Coker continues to play smart, turnover-free football. He surprised me with his ability to lead the offense. I was thinking of another QB taking over, but he did good. Got a lot of offensive skill players to spread the ball around to.

:S College ball is the only game in town!!!!!!!!! These kids are out there busting their hump every play to have an opportunity to get into the Pro's/money. Once they make it to the Pro's/money they become pawns of their agents and the game is no longer first and foremost:(. And it shows in performance.

jdkalou

:S College ball is the only game in town!!!!!!!!! These kids are out there busting their hump every play to have an opportunity to get into the Pro's/money. Once they make it to the Pro's/money they become pawns of their agents and the game is no longer first and foremost:(. And it shows in performance.

Indeed. Give me college football any day over the overpaid crybabies in the NoFunLeague. :P

BillyVance

***:S College ball is the only game in town!!!!!!!!! These kids are out there busting their hump every play to have an opportunity to get into the Pro's/money. Once they make it to the Pro's/money they become pawns of their agents and the game is no longer first and foremost:(. And it shows in performance.

Indeed. Give me college football any day over the overpaid crybabies in the NoFunLeague. :P

Perhaps that works for those who do not live where there is a viable, winning NFL team;);)

Amazon

******:S College ball is the only game in town!!!!!!!!! These kids are out there busting their hump every play to have an opportunity to get into the Pro's/money. Once they make it to the Pro's/money they become pawns of their agents and the game is no longer first and foremost:(. And it shows in performance.

Perhaps that works for those who do not live where there is a viable, winning NFL team;);)

That's a fair point. No NFL teams in Alabama, so we pull for the dirty birds in Atlanta. Personally, I don't favor any NFL teams, I just pull for our former Tide players to do well, like Julio Jones for the Falcons, Eddie Lacy for the Packers, AJ McCarron for the Browns, etc.

In Alabama... college football is a way of life. Always has been since the Bear Bryant/Shug Jordan days. You were either for Alabama, or for Auburn. We talked football 365 days a year. Whoever won the Iron Bowl (Bama vs Auburn) got bragging rights until the next Iron Bowl. When the game was played at Legion Field in Birmingham, they split tickets down the middle 50/50, so you had crimson clad fans from the middle of the end zone all the way across one sideline to the middle of the other endzone, and burnt orange/blue on the other side. Made for outstanding game atmospheres.

Then, those pissy barners wanted the games where they were designated the "home" team, at their home stadium, and finally did for the first time in 1989. Since the mid 90's, the game has been a true home and home series. Today, its the best damn college football rivalry in the nation, with SEC championship and national title shots on the line for one or both teams every year since 2008. B|

Amazon

******:S College ball is the only game in town!!!!!!!!! These kids are out there busting their hump every play to have an opportunity to get into the Pro's/money. Once they make it to the Pro's/money they become pawns of their agents and the game is no longer first and foremost:(. And it shows in performance.

Amazon

***I live 2 1/2 hours from Seattle................................Winning team argument doesn't work. Sorry.

Go take in a game... take earplugs.... feel the 12

Watch the Legion and cheer on the RB when he goes Beast Mode.

Won't step foot in the stadium. As to the point I already made, your "Pro" hero's are pawns of their agents. Seattle has their Safety "holding out" for a new revised contract. Not unusual is it? HE HAS 3 YEARS LEFT ON HIS CURRENT CONTRACT..................Pro's are pawns of their agents.

LOL I haven't been on Facebook since summer last year and I haven't said much about Alabama football this fall other than the Wisconsin game.

That said, if Alabama hadn't fumbled those fucking kickoff returns away, it could have been a much different game, even more so had Coker started and not Bateman.

The Rebels could not stop Alabama's offense when Coker ran it, at least until the final drive. And Chad Kelly is a good QB, but boy, did he have a Johnny Manziel moment with that bobbled snap/heave/deflect/catch and run for a TD! Luckiest play ever. All in all, Alabama gave them 24 points on short drives after turnovers. Can't fault the defense for that. They got hamstrung. But other than the pop pass play for a TD that reminded us of Auburn's game tying TD in the 2013 Iron Bowl, the defense did okay.

Now Auburn... boy talk about the wheels falling off the wagon! They suck, plain and simple. LSU owned those boys. If Fournette doesn't win the Heisman, it'll be an upset. Well maybe not... it'll be between him and Georgia's Nick Chubb.

Did anybody see Notre Dame's defensive back tear his ACL celebrating a defensive play in the end zone against Georgia Tech? What a dumb fuck. That's their 6th starter lost for the season to injuries.

I could realistically see Alabama losing 3 or 4 games this season. They have the talent to play anybody, but the defensive back field is YOUNG. The front seven is as good as anybody's in the country so if you're gonna beat Alabama, throw the ball. And force turnovers.

Ole Miss won the turnover battle 5-0 and won by 6. Bama gave the game away.

They'll see what they're made of when they get over to Georgia at Sanford Stadium on October 3. That should be another great game.

Bama aint dead in the water yet, not after that 38-10 woodshed whuppin' they put on the Georgia Bulldogs in the rain, and Florida followed suit with an identical 38-10 whuppin of Ole Miss. It was good to see Chad Kelly get humiliated. Swag Kelly my ass. Bastards got lucky at Bama 2 weeks ago.