skydiverbry

Skydiverbry morning coffee thread

Ohh man, what a f'ing Friday- not even going there.. but screwy political b/s and people f'ing around with other people's families and livelihoods out of sheer retaliatory (illegal) action and vengefulness.. ohh I could kill today (and no it is no drama related to skydiving or to this forum so no worries here, just royally pissed and ready to stir some sh!t IRL).. (oh and I'm really a hippie vegan, so don't take it literally, I promise I won't go on a crazy rampage, just venting, it's all about the peace and love shit, lol..)

Other than that, awesome but very brain/thinking intensive two day/all-day bioethics conference and some post-conference socializing so... too tired to do much 'round here now but thought this would be the place to say hey... so, hey there bry and all! :)

But, yes, soooo glad that it is Friday, after last weekend was a bust I definitely need some sky time.. sounds like some others are missing out on jumps too- sorry to hear about the airspace being closed >:( but hope it clears up for ya'll!! I see what you mean now, about the ash.. thx..

Unfortunately I was told it is to be rainy all weekend here.. but I never actually check on the weather forecast myself, only occasionally allow others to forecast their doom within earshot and then yell at them for bursting my bubble :)

For now, fingers crossed for 2 AFF jumps on Sunday, and possibly a half-day at the DZ tomorrow depending on what transpires (But, I may be truly and well pissed at myself if I wind up not going tomorrow in favor of my all-day Sunday, and then Sunday gets winded/rained out.. so, wish me luck, and blue skies to all for this weekend (and beyond)!! :)
Oh and btw I JUST now got a response to a pm sent when I first joined, like a month or more ago, about whether it was okay to have my username (skymama1) and requesting a change or reply if staff preferred to take action.. assumed by now they would not or chose that it did not matter, but now I am informed I do indeed need to change it and register again to prevent confusion with the moderator.. meh.
Would be nice if there was simply a way to change the name, PITA filling out the profile and re-registering and such.. but I'll do what I am told if that is best of course.
Just wanted you all to know, since I don't think those I have gotten to know will still have my new account linked to any pms/friend lists/threads, so I'll track ya'll down again.. just wanted to let you guys know, I'll pm people too and all but I figure this is the biggest thread here so hopefully my sky buddies on here see it ;) I'll let you know, so don't think I died or disappeared on you or worry, just dumb technicalities resulting from my own mistake of username selection..

Happy weekend, blue skies, and much love and light,
Robyn

Tandem 4/4. FJC and AFF-2 completed 4/9. Rescheduled AFF-3 and 4 due to winds for this next weekend.

"Be the change you wish to see in the world..."

Good morning folks.....

Warning, whining is about to begin....

When I drove home from the DZ yesterday I noticed that my throat was getting sore and it wasn't from yelling at the other jumpers during yesterday's jump leader duty...

I was tired as hell and went to bed already at 10PM and slept to 6AM this morning.
My throat wasn't any less sore this morning [:/] And I had a hard time waking up (read come back to functional life)....

I think I'm coming down with one heck of a cold beacuse now my sinuses has started to clog up >:(....

Whining ended.....

How's life with you all????

“The sum of intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing.” - George Bernard Shaw
He who dies with the most toys, wins.....
dudeist skydiver # 19515
Buy quality and cry once!

Oh and btw I JUST now got a response to a pm sent when I first joined, like a month or more ago, about whether it was okay to have my username (skymama1) and requesting a change or reply if staff preferred to take action.. assumed by now they would not or chose that it did not matter, but now I am informed I do indeed need to change it and register again to prevent confusion with the moderator.. meh.

Just my opinion, but that's fucking silly. How many times in the month that you've been registered has it caused confusion to the point of a major conflict? I'm guessing the only people who it caused a problem for were those who actually could distinguish between the two usernames. Are there really people around here with the level of incompetence that it would take to mistake one of you for the other?
Serious relationships turn into work after a few weeks and I already got a fucking job :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
H.A.F. = Hard As Fuck ... Goddamn Amateurs

Sore throat here too. [:/]
Did couple of jumps yesterday out of no-door c-172 from 9000ft. Cold.

Worst thing yesterday was my reserve pin got dislodged and reserve PC popped out. Luckily, pilot saw PC coming out so it all ended well. But we had to get down...

dudeist skydiver #42

Shit mate!!!!

That's scary :S Good it ended well!!!!

What's with planes and no doors????
Our new fabric door on the C206 didn't last more than 100 meters on the RWY so we had to fly "no door" all wekend too.... >:(

Cold as if hell froze over.... So I only did one jump from 5500ft... And I had jump leader duty on Sunday....

“The sum of intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing.” - George Bernard Shaw
dudeist skydiver # 19515

What's with planes and no doors????

It was canvas fabric door that, like yours, did not last very long. This plane is usually for students and hop-n-pops, but we had tandems that just HAD to be done... [:/] Shooting tandem video when exit is at 8-9000ft is not an easy job... :(
dudeist skydiver #42

So, we have a Bank Holiday (3 day) weekend coming up .... What to do?

friday - pick up rig (in for reserve repack) and jumpB|
Saturday - JumpB|
Sunday - Friends coming over to stay - cook mega curry and sink some beers B|
Monday - Spend time alone with wife and dogB|B|B|

Shit... that looks like 4 days of funB|B|B|

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Morning folks.....

I need coffee today....
Tired as hell..... Been having feaver for a couple of days but it seems to have passed now :)

dudeist skydiver # 19515

Shit mate.... Nothing serious I hope... [:/]

I've been in bed for 2 days with a fever but it's much better now... :)

dudeist skydiver # 19515

Just my opinion, but that's fucking silly. How many times in the month that you've been registered has it caused confusion to the point of a major conflict? I'm guessing the only people who it caused a problem for were those who actually could distinguish between the two usernames. Are there really people around here with the level of incompetence that it would take to mistake one of you for the other?

I suppose it's possible there might be, although a worrisome thought, lol, but I guess I wasn't really on my A game either the day I picked that username since I had been lurking prior to registering, should'a known *shrug* but yeah, to my knowledge it has never caused any confusion or conflict at all, except the conflict of first hashing out that I was not a troll attempting to fuck with peoples' heads or something.. I think that's been established in the interim (hopefully lol)
But no, no one has pm'ed me or addressed me in mod fashion at all, it does seem to have been settled for some time, and I had signed my name to posts and had my pic in my avatar for most of that time.. but it's all good, as my new name is (potentially) more creative anyways and hopefully I can get back the data I lost as I cannot access my other one now.

It's just that I don't have any of my old PMs or subscriptions or friends list, so-- hope I can retrieve somehow but in the meantime, if you have messages we've exchanged or wrote to me in the past week or so, and are like me and write insane amounts of text and info in messages, just please resend them to me/i.e. forward the "sent message" if you have them to this username "skyflower_bloom," and/or just re-add me as a friend, so that I can get all caught up in my new reincarnation.

Well on the bright side, I suppose that since I post the longest shit ever on this forum, no one will have trouble distinguishing my new persona on the site from the "old me" LOL.
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Anyway, belated good mornings and coffee to all, and hope you are feeling better MrWrong!! Mircan that is f'ing scary but glad all ended well.. And Shropshire I am jealous of all your marvelous plans, hope it was fun!! that said, I finally got to jump today after 4 or 5 times of not getting to, so I cannot complain too much at all- all I really wanted was one jump in this week and i got it so meh, all good.. i could have done a second jump today but my son was getting tired/cranky, and I was seriously emotionally and physically drained so thought it best to have a week to rest and practice and reflect and start fresh next weekend.

I was at the DZ all day yesterday too but was unable to jump due to high wind speeds, some craziness there..

Went in late this morning, and finally got to get my aff-3 go-around. while most everything else felt good and improved a lot from previously, there were stability and awareness issues at pull time. Short version being that this jump adds a wave-off and you pull at 5k, but you "lock in" and get aware that pull is coming at 6k.

when i saw the exactly 6k on alti I had no idea what to do with myself and my body from 6k to 5k, whether I should take my eyes off the alti, or complete the circle of awareness, and then wave off after another practice touch, and then go BACK down to the handle and pull "for real" then or how much altitude that all would burn up, or what the frick to do, and obviously your sense of time and speed and such are not yet ideal at third jump level..

so i guess i just didn't have that timing well thought out or felt out or visualized at all, and it was a new aspect added albeit a minor thing, so I panicked a wee bit (yay me) and would have gone quite unstable and tumbled if not for the instructors.

anyways sadly yes that is the "short" version, maybe i'll post more specifically for suggestions elsewhere but this thread seems not the place for a ten page post (yes you are welcome) but yeah aff-4 is a release dive and i am not ready for that now so will focus on pull awareness and stability close to that time/altitude, & repeat 3 next weekend, maybe get 4 in too, we'll see how the weather situation goes.

hope everyone's weekends were safe and fun, and i know it is not morning (least not in my corner of the world) but wanted to pop on and say hey and get around to making my new account/name and all..

blue skies,
robyn
(aka skymama1 aka skyflower_bloom lol)

ohh just saw your post bry-- is that your wife/partner? hope everything is ok!! keep us posted and my thoughts are with you guys.. and you still owe me a long pm lol-- sorry if you sent it to my old username/account, as i cannot receive anything there apparently as stated.. resend it sometime maybe? see you around! thinking of you and put your health and your family's health first of course, i'll be around for a bit as far as I know anyway :) good thoughts your way *hugs*
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Thanks NP....

I was only "down" Monday & Tuesday last week so I'm all better now :)How you been??? Haven't seen you around for a while..

dudeist skydiver # 19515

You guys are up already? :o

I haven't been to bed yet! :ph34r:

neither have I. I don't get to sleep on sunday nights/monday mornings. It's just not in the cards for me. :(

I hear ya, gotta catch up on everything I didn't get done screwing around on the weekend!

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

You guys are up already? :o

I haven't been to bed yet! :ph34r:

neither have I. I don't get to sleep on sunday nights/monday mornings. It's just not in the cards for me. :(

I hear ya, gotta catch up on everything I didn't get done screwing around on the weekend!

Well then get on it!

I'm doing it!!

Bills are paid, contracts are emailed, laundry's in the dryer, now i gotta got up to the rigging room and do some packing...[:/]

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~