husslr187

Pool jump gone bad

A while ago someone on another forum posted videos of this guy climbing on top of hotels and jumping into their pools. I figured it wouldn't be long before something like this happened. He had a few close calls in previous videos but when looking at this one from his view near the end, it just has bad idea written all over.

https://youtu.be/jWBoXdGu4QE

And the idiot set up a go fund me page to pay for the medical bills.

What a maroon. (yes, I meant "maroon". Bugs Bunny fans will get it).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4086920/YouTube-daredevil-slammed-sets-GoFundMe-page-pay-treatment-stunt-tried-failed-jump-hotel-pool.html
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

A friend of mine broke his neck after diving from shore into a farm dugout. The water was muddy, shallow and he hit the bottom.

He was about 27 when it happened and afterwards only had very limited mobility of one arm. Eventually as a result of the other injuries he ended up with a colostomy bag. He died about 10 years later, mostly as a result of the accident.

Previously he was a excellent water and snow skier and very active.

The new go-pro era continues to kill and injure the foolish. In numbers unprecedented before the interwebs and hero self imaging.

What the hell made him think this was a good idea???:S:S:S
(The pool is behind the hedge on the left in the streetview.)

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

>The new go-pro era continues to kill and injure the foolish. In numbers
>unprecedented before the interwebs and hero self imaging.

I don't think the number of people doing stupid stuff has changed much at all. We are just much better at capturing it and getting it on TV/the web.

billvon

>The new go-pro era continues to kill and injure the foolish. In numbers
>unprecedented before the interwebs and hero self imaging.

I don't think the number of people doing stupid stuff has changed much at all. We are just much better at capturing it and getting it on TV/the web.

You just don't want to be a Hero(TM).
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

airdvr

Darwin was correct.

This is very good for the human race and it's not just because it's clearing out the idiots. We need to take risk but the gene pool needs risk takers who are skilled enough to not die while taking that risk.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fst6brFx0xc

If I'd seen this interview first, I would have thought this is the new Ali G "go-pro hero" character.

"What do you say to people who want to follow in your footsteps."
"Go for it, I'll teach you."

I guess he's the top pro in his niche. He has, like, more than 7 illegal pool jumps on youtube now, and, like, you know, almost 90% success rate.

normiss

I think we will learn a lot on his final video.
He's not taking much of a technical approach to any part of it really.

We won't learn a whole lot that can't be seen on "Faces of Death."

He's an idiot. Real stuntmen (and women) take a true "technical approach" to something like this.

Like measure the horizontal distance from the balcony to the pool and then do a practice jump (or a bunch of them) where the pool is right next to the building to make sure they can safely reach the water.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo