goose491

Cost of freebag (Tell me this is a joke!!!)

Maybe I'll go back to a round reserve :P
No freebag to lose, no custom-made pilot chute. Just handles. And if you're landing your reserve next to your stuff anyway, well, why have the square reserve that'll get you back to the DZ?

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Reserve PC $90
Freebag $75
Reserve handle $110
Cutaway handle $75

It still doesn't explain $863.71 though. That would be $513.71 for taxes and shipping?

this is a point not talked about much - cost of parts. for a racer...

freebag 65
ripcord 36
poptop hat 15
reserve PC 70
cut away handle 30

total 216US

I would never have shipped directly to Canada - being in S Ontario we can just have delivered to freinds in NY state!

rob

this is a point not talked about much - cost of parts. for a racer...

freebag 65
ripcord 36
poptop hat 15
reserve PC 70
cut away handle 30

total 216US

I would never have shipped directly to Canada - being in S Ontario we can just have delivered to freinds in NY state!

rob

And if your cypres opened your reserve, you'll have to add the cost of TWO cutters. :S:S

Yves.

Maybe I'll go back to a round reserve :P
No freebag to lose, no custom-made pilot chute. Just handles. And if you're landing your reserve next to your stuff anyway, well, why have the square reserve that'll get you back to the DZ?

Wendy W.

If the spot is on, a round will get you to the target. Sure would make life easier don't you think?
See you at Spaceland next week.
Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

From Sunpath direct to an individual for any Javelin:

$40 - cutaway handle
$45.25 - D-ring

i got custom cutaway handle which is standard D-ring with two yellow cutaway cables and it costed me $45. directly from SunPath. and it took a week to get.

--
it's not about defying gravity; it's how hard you can abuse it. speed skydiving it is ...
Speed Skydiving Forum

Reserve PC $90
Freebag $75
Reserve handle $110
Cutaway handle $75

I lost everything before, but the cutaway handle (it was all stolen, including the main). My reserve handle was $50, but I remember the PC being more, because of the cap. That seems like an awful lot for handles. $75 for a pillow handle? Emroidered or anything?
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click

posted by tigra:
Please let us know what Sunrise says! That's more than I paid for my Wings container!

Please, read the whole thread. There's a greedy middleman somewhere:

posted by AggieDave
Just got off the phone with Sunrise rigging.
Reserve PC $90
Freebag $75
Reserve handle $110
Cutaway handle $75

Don't blame Sunrise riggings for someone else being overly greedy.

I read the whole thread. My question/ request was directed at the person who started it. An explanation for his particular invoice since clearly it is not in line with their stated prices.

So, Goose, can you let us know the outcome, please? If it was a mistake or misunderstanding, OR a greedy middleman? I can't be the only one who is curious!

I read the whole thread. My question/ request was directed at the person who started it. An explanation for his particular invoice since clearly it is not in line with their stated prices.

The explanation is "Duhhh"

Al had ordered other things from them and forgotten. [:/]

He wasn't home when UPS came to deliver and thought the invoice they left him was just for my stuff.

My total was approximately $390USD which is right in line with Sunrise costs and a set of reserve S-links.

Reserve PC $90
Freebag $75
Reserve handle $110
Cutaway handle $75

So a great big sigh of releif for me! I should have my rig back in one piece for the weekend!

Blues,
Nick

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

I think the manufaturers would be wise to offer extra handles and freebag/PC at the time you order your system, at a 'normal' price.

They all do, you just have to ask for them.

Some (Mirage, Infinity) advertise them on their order forms.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

I do not own a racer, have never jumped a racer, just using this as a comparison b/c it is the only site that I found that had it listed. With that said, I want my first rig to be a wings, but jump shack's prices have made me want to look into their gear.
Reserve PC: $70
Freebag: $65
Cutaway handle: $30
Reserve handle: $36
Pop top: ?
TOTAL: $201-$216

EDIT TO ADD: If I would have looked up I would have seen the previous post:$

hey dave...jump shack makes their own pins...so no capewell Sb crap to worry about and will make any handle shape (except pillows) and they cost about 45 or 55 bucks....whoever is selling this shit at 110 is ripping you off as well, if you ever need a handle quick and inexpensive call me.
It is not illegal to have other manufacturers handles so long as they are "acceptable replacements of similar manufacturing or blah blah per part 105" I think.

LIFE IS LIKE A CIGARETTE, YOU CAN SIT THERE AND WATCH IT BURN AWAY OR YOU CAN SMOKE THAT BITCH TO THE FILTER

yes, an apology would be appropriate - amazes me how Sunrise can end up with a bad name here just because you never bothered to post the facts in the first place.

Break down the shipping and get the real prices. If you ask for something overnight UPS and pay the brokerage charges and customs - can easily add hundreds of $ to an order as well.

Sounds to me like they came through as opposed to screwing you.

So now is a good time to apologize to Sunrise for jumping their shit without the facts. (sparky)

I've already sent them a next email. But "jumping their shit' ?? really? Perhaps re-read the original post?

yes, an apology would be appropriate - amazes me how Sunrise can end up with a bad name here just because you never bothered to post the facts in the first place...Sounds to me like they came through as opposed to screwing you.

You too. Easy guy. Go back to the first post. I'm asking "surely there must be some mistake" I was asking for input, not trashing Sunrise. Never bothered to post the facts? I posted the very moment I found out. I defy you to find me knocking sunrise. I was sure there was some sort of mistake. I've always been happy with the service received by this company.

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

I've already sent them a next email. But "jumping their shit' ?? really? Perhaps re-read the original post?

I read the original post. Before contacting Sunrise you posted on the internet that the bill was $863.71. That is what people will remember. A retraction 5 days latter in my opinion should start out with an apology for "jumping their shit" before you had the facts.
jmo
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals