acrojunky

post your icon

OK ..... Here are are images of Team AngelFire, South Africa's National Female 4-Way. Look out for them in Croatia.

They are jumping Icons with either Visions or Pilots are Smart reserves.

Better never to have met you in my dream than to wake and reach for hands that are not there.

Have Aerodyne changed their colour scheme for the "A". Last time I looked, you could only have a few colours, and most wouldn't match any colour scheme.

I would go and check, but I can't get into their Flash site. It says I don't have flash installed, but the Macromedia site says I have....

oh well....
--
Arching is overrated - Marlies

Yes they have Matt and I told you that when I saw you last

OBVIOUSLY my word is not good enough for you:P;):ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Actually the loop is tight as all hell. I have the biggest canopy that will fit in that size container...

Doesn't it concern you that even with a short closure loop, and a main sized correctly for the container, that the grommet is still exposed?

t
It's the year of the Pig.

Actually the loop is tight as all hell. I have the biggest canopy that will fit in that size container...

Doesn't it concern you that even with a short closure loop, and a main sized correctly for the container, that the grommet is still exposed?

t

I think his point is that the loop is tight, not short.

I've seen other modern brands with the grommet exposed like that too.
Remster

t - damn your so right, if it aint right send it back. Thats what I have always like about PISA / Aerodyne good customer service.

I sent my Icon back - and they had no issue making me a new one.

Better never to have met you in my dream than to wake and reach for hands that are not there.

I sent my Icon back - and they had no issue making me a new one.

And THAT defines customer service. When something is new, everyone is learning, and mistakes will be made. I'd prefer that more work be done prior to release, but with the US/EU summer aproaching at the beginning of this year I don't think Aerodyne had much choice in the matter as to whether or not to release the ICON. Sure, they've got some bad press, and are grounded in Sweeden, but in the long term I think they'll do OK.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

looks more to me like when they closed it there was more of the bulk on the left side then the right side.

not hard to do with a rig that has the closing loop on the bottom. look at how the left side looks like its bulging out. and the bottom flap kinda pivots on the loop because the bag is too far to the left. theyres also a bulge in the left side of the rig and a divot in the right.

i bet if he shortened his closing loop a little bit his rig would look fine.

Tonto,

you might want to get your facts straight with regards to things you write or respond to in this forum. People respect you and what you say, as well as you have students that look up to you.

The rig is not grounded in Sweden. They had a girl have a loose legstrap and put an enquiry into it, almost a month ago. Aerodyne released a service bulletin for those people who were suffering slippage.

This happens to be a problem that is encountered and has been encountered by all manufacturer's using this type of hardware. It only needs for a little grime or grit to get between the 2 pieces before they slip.

Once Aerodyne responded to the enquiry by the swedish federation the grounding was lifted. This is standard Swedish procedure, to make sure that if there is a problem, no one else is affected till it has been addressed with the manufacturer. This whole incident took about 2 days from the time the girl encountered the slippage till the time we had a close look at what happened.

Please take a breath and think about the repercussions of someone such as yourself with a lot of experience posting things that don't necessarily reflect the facts or the truth.

You other comments are mere opinion, and I will not attempt to address them with this post, however please feel free to contact me and I'd be pleased and happy to talk to you in regards to any concerns you may have. Remember, there are people that look up to you, weigh up what you are about to write and evaluate if people with out experience are perhaps going to read something other than what you are intending.

kind regards

Bushman

For a 'Krap rig' it has a lot more features designed to make you safer than your rig Mike ;)

Sure, there are some awesome rigs on the market that look better than others, but most of the time this is based on individual preference as to what looks good and what doesn't - your opinion is gonna be different to a lot of others, and vice versa.

To make a rig look its best though, it has to be packed properly and symmetrically. If you have uneven bulk in the deployment bag, you will see it immediately as the rig will not close normally, ie, grommet exposure, skew flaps etc. And that applies to every rig I have ever seen...

As far as being a glorified NARO goes, next time you at the dz, have a good look at a naro and then have an even better look at the nearest Icon - spot the difference? Like the articulated harness, zero velcro, internal riser covers, miniforce 3 ring system, link stop panels, cut in backpad etc.

Sure, the Icon comes from the same factory that built Naro's, but the Vector 3 Micron for example comes from the same factory that built the wonderhog many years ago - do you also think the Micron is a glorified wonderhog?

At the end of the day, every manufacturer builds on their previous designs and incorporates the good things & takes out the not-so-good things when designing and releasing new versions and product into the market.

bs, dave.
AERODYNE SYSTEMS (PTY) Ltd
Dave Macrae - Sports Marketing: Indian Ocean Region
[email protected]
www.aerodyne-int.com