bergh

Why did buy the rig you bought

Hi people

Was just wonder why you bought the rig you bought?

Please note multi-answers allowed.
If I missed option sorry this was all I could think of

Cheers

Hi There,

I replied

Customer support
Delivery time
Staff deal
I bought a Mirage G4 on their staff deal. All other US manufacturers were priced out of the market, and I'd done many jumps on a Mirage G3 and was very impressed.

I could have got a Vortex 2 for about R2000 more...

I could have got an Icon cheaper on their Instructor deal, but not sooner - and since the Icon was new, prefered a more prooven product. Looking at the build quality of the Icons on my DZ - I'm happy with the choice I made.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

Hi Tonto

When you replied I just relized I missed an option.

-- The rig is suited to all the diciplines I enjoy

In your case Birdman ....

Damm

Once missed option are revealed will consider ... reposting the poll ...

You missed a few choices.

From where I sit, the two most important aspects in choosing a rig are:

1) Harness Size
2) Performance Suitability.

I bought my rig because the DZ had one for sale that fit, that held an appropriately sized set of canopies, and was nearly new - exactly what I was looking for.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

As thing stand now after just over 100 votes it would seem the priorities are as follows

1. Reputation
2. Price
3. Looks ...(Sorry but this puts racer out it)

In your case Birdman ....

Hi Riaan,:)
Only about 10% of my dives are wingsuit jumps. I'm an AFF slave, having done over 200 weekend only AFF jumps so far this year. I also do a little freeflying, mainly because I suck so badly at it. I very rarely jump a camera, I swoop, and I'd never use this rig for CF, mainly cos it won't fit a CF canopy loaded to about 1.4.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

I bought my first rig (EOS) used because the harness, container, and canopies were my size and the price was right ($1700 total).

Bought a Reflex for #2 off-the-shelf because I liked the design and one was available immediately in the harness+container sizes I wanted. Should have ordered custom to get a better harness fit.

Bought a second Reflex custom for the same sized canopies because I liked the fit, wanted one set of spares for both rigs, and I got 40% off.

For me it was:

-Price (got it used for a good deal)
-Size (fit me and fit the sized canopies I wanted it to fit)
-Looks (the rig wasn't ugly, which was important, but i'd go so far as to say I really liked the look of it!)
- Popular brand (Javelin) so proven reliable.

No regrets, the rig has treated me well and Javelin's can fit several sized mains pretty nicely, too, so downsizing has not been a problem for me.

Angela.

My choice wasn't up there. The rig I learned on was being sold. I had about 35 jumps on it at the time and like the way it handled. Other then a few jumps on a Manta and the Skymaster, my jumps have been on my Sabre.

*****Why would anyone jump from a perfectly good airplane? Because it isn't much fun if it's broke.****

Wanted an Odyssey, would have had to wait 18 weeks (finishing my summer on rental 170 instead of staying current on my 120, no way!)...

Asked JP of Sq1 what else he would recommend, Mirage was too expensive(in my view not a good price/perfromance deal), so i did some research based on his recommendations then went for a Wings.
Their (both JP+Sunrise Rigging) advice and customer service were excellent, the rig is a perfect fit and i am as happy as a (difficult, precise) customer can be with his first, all-new custom gear.

So my votes on my Wings:
made sense $$$ wise,
i liked the look of it,
the Colors!! (custom, with tie-dye etc... maybe shouldn't have chosen that vote as it wasn't a stock rig...)
the extras it offered (the hip ring design)
Customer support
Delivery time
The mind is like a parachute - it only works once it's open.
From the edge you just see more.
... Not every Swooper hooks & not every Hooker swoops ...

I paid for my first rig. It was an impulse buy!

I had cash to burn, and I didn't feel like I was going to fall out of the rig, so I bought it. (used) It was a very quick decision. I only had about 20 jumps.

And back then, there were so many Javelins at Z-hills that I figured, "if it works for them, it'll work for me!"

javelin j-4
sabre 190
rascal reserve
2 year old cypres.

that was the rig i bought used. reasons:

$$$ - the price was right
container - lots of javs at my dz
main - the size/make i wanted (even though it's pink!)
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

Wings, containing Spectre and PDR.

I went for the Wings primarily because it came articulated at such a great price, but I would not have gone for it if it did not have such a great reputation for both good quality and customer satisfaction.

And I have to say that I have NO complaints ! :)

Not one shred of evidence supports the theory that life is serious - look at the platypus.

Well, my reason isn't up there.

I bought my racer cause of what I do ... IADs and lots of them. I've had three MAJOR scares on 1 pin conventional reserve set ups involving climbing out repeatedly and having pins pop or nearly pop.
If you do 30-60 IADs in one day, the constant flexing can move the pin (it would take quite a bit to explain this). I once wore my gear for 10 hours, did 30 loads and only took it off to take a leak, that's a lot of flexing. Did you know that gear can put red marks on your shoulders that turn brown like a suntan?

Also my rigger doesn't charge me anything to pack...oh wait .. that's me!

I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.