rjp

Larsen & Brusgaard

Sent the following e-mail last week to Larsen & Brusgaard regarding my Pro-Dytter

....I am requesting a replacement battery cover back plate for my Pro-Dytter (the corner of the cover is broken at the screw hole) Photo attached if needed.
Please let me know replacement cost and shipping charges.
(Pro-Dytter was purchased 0n 6/3/99)...

Received the following e-mail from Mads Larsen

...Hello
First thing monday we send spare parts, free of charge.

Best regards,
Mads Larsen
LARSEN & BRUSGAARD

Received yesterday back plate, springs, screws, AND a set of batteries.....NO CHARGE

GREAT example of customer service.
Thanks Mads

I have had the same thing happen to mine before, Mike Brown the rigger at our D/Z had a bag full of the cover plates and replaced it for free. I believe that this is common problem with the covers.
But you are right that is the way to keep someones business.
Still here after all these years

Clayton

Ditto.

About 5 years ago, I was jumping an nVertigo freefly helmet with the ProDytter mounted in the L&B external bracket. On opening, the risers slapped the bracket and knocked my dytter somewhere on planet Earth.

I purchased another and sent an email to L&B explaining what had happened and made a couple of suggestions regarding the bracket that would prevent others from the same situation that I had.

L&B thanked me for the suggestions and sent me a new one - no charge.

Not only do they make a good product, but their customer service makes them a great company.

I purchased a pro dytter last year, it started acting funny so I gave it back to the rigger that I bought it from he replaced the batteries but it still acted strange. He called L&B to try and troubleshoot the problem. However, no troubleshooting was required as they immediately shipped a brand new pro dytter at no cost to me. It is this kind of service that will keep me coming back to them for anything that I might need. I had heard stories of their great customer service and I have now experienced it myself. I strongly recommend them to anybody looking for an audible.:)

I purchased a pro dytter last year, it started acting funny so I gave it back to the rigger that I bought it from he replaced the batteries but it still acted strange. He called L&B to try and troubleshoot the problem. However, no troubleshooting was required as they immediately shipped a brand new pro dytter at no cost to me. It is this kind of service that will keep me coming back to them for anything that I might need. I had heard stories of their great customer service and I have now experienced it myself. I strongly recommend them to anybody looking for an audible.:)

Acting funny how? I bought my S/O a pro dytter in january and it's only been used a few times and it has started to act funny too. During the start up, it only goes to two lights and never cycles through to show you the preset altitudes. However, she keeps it in her helmet, turns it on and it works! It has me worried because one day it might not work and I'd like to figure out what is going on with the thing. The batteries are fine. Anybody else have that problem?

I'll send L&B an email regardless.

Thanks,
Jump
Scars remind us that the past is real

As a contrast, I have had just as good service so far from Alti-2. I had a cracked door on my Neptune, emailed them, and had 2 replacement doors, screws, o-rings FOC within a week. He also sent me the new hand mount FOC, as I had the old, big-ring style.

My biggest problem with L&B is that their freefall time maxes out at 119 seconds. I emailed them whether a revision might happen to change this and they said 'nope'. [:/]

But, I have gotten good service from L&B too.

The numbers of dytters that I have seen replaced out there from user stupidity/error leads me to believe that they cost about $40 bucks to manufacture. I guess I would rather see them charge much less, yet not replace them if they get slapped off my helmet.

j

I have sended L&B an e-mail if they could send me some stikers for my helmet. The next they asked for my address and 3 days later it was in my mail box (I live in Israel) with spaer batteris.
Thats great service.

...And once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return...
blue sky
Asaf

My biggest problem with L&B is that their freefall time maxes out at 119 seconds.

Holy Crap!!!! What are you doing to get 2 minutes of freefall?
The most I have ever gotten was from a birdman jump at about 95 seconds. I guess I open too high.:S:S

The most I have ever gotten was from a birdman jump at about 95 seconds. I guess I open too high.:S:S

that is so sadB| I've had over 90 seconds without extra altitude or pulling low a few times, without a wingsuit. if I pulled at 2000 I'd probably be over 100 sec. from 13.5. if I flew a wingsuit more than once, I'd be pissed if I couldn't do over 120;)

L&B is flat out awesome. I have owned every audible product that they have made and they all were great. I had a Pro Track go goofy waaaay out of warranty and they gave me a new one. I wish every company treated their custmers this well. I'd buy their products just out of loyalty, but they also happen to make the best audibles so its no compromise between service and product quality. I have a feeling that the ProTrack could have been made into an AAD pretty easily, but they don't want to step on AirTecs toes. They even treat their competitors well.
2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

My biggest problem with L&B is that their freefall time maxes out at 119 seconds.

Regularly. I think my max is like 2:35 ish

That's why a competitor would have to offer a product twice as good for half the price before I would consider switching from L&B.

Like the Alti-2 neptune??? I think they are going to give L&B a run for their money. A couple of people have commented on alti-2 good customer support, the neptunes look like an awesome product and they are less expensive than the pro track. I cant wait to get one...

-Seth :)

As a contrast, I have had just as good service so far from Alti-2.

On several occasions I have gone to Alti Bob (Robert Smith) and he has been always eager to fix the problem. Robert rocks.:P
Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

well...if you do get one... watch for the two halves twisting apart and where the brass nuts on the back pressing into the plastic... mine were already cracked as soon as I opened the package...

maybe they have since used a different type of plastic... I wasn't impressed.

I'd buy a regular altimeter from them again... but not a Neptune.

Pro-Track... Zero Problems.

GraficO
GraficO

"A Mind is a terrible thing to taste."

Pro-Track... Zero Problems.

Same here... But. The battery covers on ProTracks are known to break/crack - it's enough of a problem that L&B happily sent me a bag full of new covers, screws and springs so I could take care of customers who have broken battery covers (and those who didn't pay close enough attention and lost the springs or screws when they were changing the batteries...).

Re: the Neptune. You must have gotten an early model. Of the 12 or so Neptunes I've sold I've only had one come back and that was an electronics issue, not a problem with the case.

I love my ProTrack, but as soon as I can afford to spend the money I'm going to get a Neptune too. It's been out long enough now that the original issues seem to have been solved, and in my experience Alti2's customer service ranks right up there with L&B's.

Hey all,

I have been having a bit of a problem with my pro-dytter lately, it does not seem to go off in freefall! The battery appears to be fine (no low battery warning) and it does give off the pre sets beeps, its just that as I am whipping through the presets - no noise. Perhaps I am going deaf or something?

Side note, have a protrack as well - love that toy! Recorded a funny jump the other week (4way comp) exit 11500, 6 second delay, zero average speed! Guess head jamming tricked the computer (but it still beeped on the way down)

Any ideas or experiences on the pro-dytter?
"Don't blame malice for what stupidity can explain."

"In our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart and in our despair, against our will comes wisdom" - Aeschylus

well, and i am really impressed with the features the neptune has now too... on the ground you can use it like a watch if you want, with date, time and temp.... and it's cool that the airplane mode tells you time to altitude..and lots of other good stuff!

-Seth :)

Hey all,

I have been having a bit of a problem with my pro-dytter lately, it does not seem to go off in freefall! The battery appears to be fine (no low battery warning) and it does give off the pre sets beeps, its just that as I am whipping through the presets - no noise. Perhaps I am going deaf or something?

Side note, have a protrack as well - love that toy! Recorded a funny jump the other week (4way comp) exit 11500, 6 second delay, zero average speed! Guess head jamming tricked the computer (but it still beeped on the way down)

Any ideas or experiences on the pro-dytter?

That sounds like the problem I had with my pro-dytter, except sometimes after I landed, while picking up my parachute, the low alarm would go off. I sent mine back to be fixed, but they just sent me a new replacement.