SniperCJ

Anybody order from PD lately?

aahhhh you PLACED an order? PD won't answer those kinds of calls. You need to go through the dealer and all they'll tell you is the standard delivery time which I believe is about 10-12 weeks.

It sucks having to wait, but the awesome canopy and service makes it all worthwhile :)
What ya get???

Blue skies
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

aahhhh you PLACED an order? PD won't answer those kinds of calls. You need to go through the dealer and all they'll tell you is the standard delivery time which I believe is about 10-12 weeks.

A good dealer won't tell you the standard delivery time on an order that's already been placed. A good dealer will tell you the estimated completion date that is printed on the order confirmation they received within a day or so of placing the order...

Well, what I meant was I placed an order thru a dealer. I just decided to cut out the middle man when asking for a delivery time.

What ya get??? ***

Velocity 120. Downsizing from a Spectre 190...:)

JUST KIDDING!!! B|

JC

Hey there CJ!

Delivery time is about 10 weeks now, and we start counting the day we receive the order from the dealer :)

PD can, and will, answer the that kind of questions, but it's often easier and faster to channel that through the particular dealer - who hopefully will have all their stuff in order (such as miss Lisa (SkyBytch)).

We do at times get calls that say "can you tell me when my red white and blue canopy will be ready" - but finding that particular canopy in all the pieces and parts coming through the shop is no easy task.
The dealer will have the key ingredient - a serial number or a PO number for us, and that we can use to look it up quickly - and give a quick answer :)In this case, by going through your dealer you are actually going the straightest road possible, so I would recommend that. By going straight to PD often means that we have to get in touch with your dealer or do some other magic to pinpoint the exact canopy.

CJ, I do apologize if we haven't returned your calls or e-mails in a timely fashion, that is truly unlike PD. Our goal is to get back with our customers within 24 hrs.
Around Easter (or any big holiday) it tends to get a little crazy though, and we sometimes fall a little behind.

I hope you won't have to wait for too long now, sounds like you are halfway there! Enjoy your new baby. I know you'll make me proud B|

Send me an e-mail if you have any other questions - and send me a picture when you have put a few jumps on it!

Blue ones,
Kolla
Blue Skies Magazine

Ya, Kolla is way cool. Went thru her to get a demo canopy

If I dont hear back from them soon, I'll hollar at her.

Its only been 5 weeks, so I figure a still have a couple at least.

Your dealer should be answering these questions for you.

I believe the current lead time is 10 - 12 weeks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

Hey Riddler!

The delivery time is the same for any custom canopy.

Standard stock colors for the PD Reserve are yellow, light blue and white.
If you are looking for something that would be a "normal" size and you don't see anything on the stock list, chances are we have several coming through shortly in any of those colors, so that would be quicker than ordering a custom one.

If you do want a custom one, the delivery time is approx 10 weeks, same for mains and reserves.
That number does change from time to time, so a good idea is to check in with your dealer for updates :)
Blue ones!
Kolla
Blue Skies Magazine

Well, what I meant was I placed an order thru a dealer. I just decided to cut out the middle man when asking for a delivery time.

But that is what the dealer is for. PD hires dealers to offer direct service to the customer. Your dealer has a faxed estimated time of completion from PD. Your answer is there waiting for you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

If you do want a custom one, the delivery time is approx 10 weeks, same for mains and reserves.

I didn't even know you could get custom colors on a PD reserve. I thought they only came in white-blue-yellow. Good information, thanks!
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

Hmmm, somehow I'm getting the idea that I should have called the dealer... My bad :$

At any rate, sounds like we're half way or better.

And *next* time I'll call Roy at Rigs and Things (i'll be good, I promise!) ;)

Thanks Kolla! And I'll send you that picture when she gets here!

CJ

What's their delivery times been on custom canopies?

In early Feb, I ordered a Spectre with custom colors; I wanted to upgrade the main in my backup rig, and I wanted a 7 cell canopy to use on more casual demo work... I was told the delivery time would be about eight weeks . . .

And viola, eight weeks later, I got a notice saying the canopy was on its way. It arrived Monday - arrrrgghhh!

But I got to jump it this weekend and wring it out.

My hat's off once again to PD.

B|

FunBobby

I didn't even know you could get custom colors on a PD reserve. I thought they only came in white-blue-yellow. Good information, thanks!

Yep! I just got a Kelly green one delivered from PD last week. Ordered it the end of january. I would like to rave about how well it flys, but I'd be happy if it'll stay in the reserve container for awhile B|

Jump
Scars remind us that the past is real

I ordered a custom Stiletto.

They estimated 9 weeks.

It showed up (last week) after 7 weeks.

They've always responded well to any
questions or problems.

I'm just one customer but I'm happy with
how they do things.

Skr

Oh know he is going to order a custom reserve. What ever makes you happy. Not picking on you in particular, more of a general picking on everyone that has ordered a custom color reserve.

Why? Does it really make a difference what color your reserve is? I have always had a mindset of "who cares what color the reserve is" As long as it works and I know that it is a reserve over my head I am happy. I have a friend that insists on getting a reserve that matches his main. "Why" I ask him and all he can say is "it would be cool" I askhim if he would be able to tell which was which if he had two out. He said it didn't matter at that point! WTF?????? Sorry for the rant. Back to the topic.
Dom

Why? Does it really make a difference what color your reserve is? I have always had a mindset of "who cares what color the reserve is" As long as it works and I know that it is a reserve over my head I am happy. I have a friend that insists on getting a reserve that matches his main. "Why" I ask him and all he can say is "it would be cool" I askhim if he would be able to tell which was which if he had two out. He said it didn't matter at that point! WTF?????? Sorry for the rant. Back to the topic.

Well, my fiancee and I are getting custom reserves the same color - why? We always looking for each other in the sky after deployment and when on the ground. So now, if we see that color - we know immediately to start looking for problems (i.e. unconcious) or to start looking for stuff to follow down or chase. Its only a few seconds but that could help. besides - it cost the same!

Jump
Scars remind us that the past is real