SkyOCiel

i can't think of anything else!!!!

Hello all, i seem to have a little problem, i started skydiving by tandem thinking it will be my first and last skydive experience, but as it seems to happen frquently i got totally hooked!!!!
now 2 months later, i just got off student status on saturday ...
first solo was amazing, but now my problem is : i can't think or talk about anything else, when people talk to me i catch myself thinking "what will i do on the next JumP" or "look at the sky, it's so blue...'
is there any cure for that?
besides jumping every day (i've actually thought about it...)

Welcome to the forums and congratulations on getting off student status, although we are really students for as long as we jump because we are always learning.

i can't think or talk about anything else, when people talk to me i catch myself thinking "what will i do on the next JumP" or "look at the sky, it's so blue...'

I don't think there is a cure for it, but don't feel bad. I do the same thing.;)

Blue Skies
Steve
Ok, so it's pink, but I'm secure in my manhood, and I still look cool coming in under it!

I'm so glad SkyOCiel posted this topic... I feel the same exact way! At times I think I must be annoying the hell out of my whuffo friends! Even some of my friends who have done tandems before, I don't feel they think of it as often. Now granted, I'm a pretty outspoken person. But no matter who is talking about what, if I'm involved in the conversation, I will always turn it into talk of skydiving. Every morning I open my blinds, look to the sky, and think what a good jump day it is! (Which is quite often here in N. Cali).

Anyway, thanks for reminding me that I'm not the only one out there that thinks about skydiving so much. I have not found a cure, and I'm not quite sure if I want one. :S
Does it get better if you have more skydiver friends?

Blue Skies

Hey welcome to SkyPeople:)
I just started jumping again about 2 months ago.. so far 30 jumps or so back in the sport and I think the people at work are tired of hearing about skydiving.. even the 10 people from work I got to come indulge in my addiction are tired of it.. except for the three that are now into it as well.:)

Amazon

Hi Natasha:D

Send me your e-mail when you get a chance through the private messages... We have group meetings occasionally for those of us inflicted with this skydiving obsession;);)... You can talk skydiving all you want and we wont get sick of it!!

Congratulations again;)... You're going to be a damn good skydiver too!!

Lioness,

Does it get better if you have more skydiver friends?

all i can say as it has to because when you talk about jumping they are intersted and they share your passion.

where is the quote that you have from?
""Once you have tasted flight,...."

enjoy the skies

Lioness,

where is the quote that you have from?
""Once you have tasted flight,...."

I got this online. According to the source it was said by Leonardo Da Vinci. I have tons of "skydive" quotes if your interested in seeing more. If so, just PM me. ;)

Ya know...never gave it a thought until someone suggested I do something special for my 40th birthday. Now all I do is think about dive flow, canopy flight and to afford more of same. Some of us are just doomed to a life time of some seriously intense fun.B|

L.A.S.T. #24
Co-Founder Biscuit Brothers Freefly Team
Electric Toaster #3
Co-Founder Team Non Sequitor
Co-Founder Team Happy Sock

Welcome to dz.com....and to the skydiving obsession!

Don't try to fight it....thinking about skydiving all the time is completely normal. ( at least amongst fellow skydivers!)

I. too, did one tandem thinking that would be it for me. 274 jumps later I am still going strong!!!

Best of luck and again...WELCOME!!

~Anne

I'm a Doll!!!!

Just be careful when you drive your car.

i know what you mean, i have an open roof and often i catch myself with my hand outside thinking about flying...

when they say the biggest risk you take when skydiving is the long car drive to get to the plane...there is some truth to that!!!

S-

Hello all, i seem to have a little problem, i started skydiving by tandem thinking it will be my first and last skydive experience, but as it seems to happen frquently i got totally hooked!!!!
now 2 months later, i just got off student status on saturday ...
first solo was amazing, but now my problem is : i can't think or talk about anything else, when people talk to me i catch myself thinking "what will i do on the next JumP" or "look at the sky, it's so blue...'

*** i'm afraid that your problem is terminal. at this time next year you will look around to discover that every friend you have is a skydiver**** -Rob
besides jumping every day (i've actually thought about it...)