adventurechick

Thinking about BASE

Ok, I'm sorry, that came out wrong.... I was just wondering if high places existed that one could use a main and reserve. I do know that BASE rigs are real rigs, I'm truely sorry.

PMS #449 TPM #80 Muff Brother #3860
SCR #14705 Dirty Sanchez #233

No, I'm not a troll!!! I know, I sound ignorant and thank you for taking the time on answering some of my questions. I just want to know what's out there and what one can do with BASE. I have many newbie questions, and plan to talk with someone who could answer some of my questions. I am at the very beginning of my quest. I do apologize again if I said anything which offended anyone. I greatly look up to all of you, and please do not take any of my "newbie wording" to heart.

I greatly look up to all of you...

No one is asking you to look up to us (except maybe Abbie). I think people would just like you to do some research first. One person already pointed out the articles at the top. You could also give BASE WIKI a go.

Man, this thread one again demonstrates how awesome irony is.

OK Gail, so which part did you NOT understand, in all linked articles, answers etc, it is clearly written you need specific training and specific gear for this specific type of jumping.

I was very surprised of the very correct tone used, seems to me everyone here was very protective, in the sense that they are trying to "temporize" you.

Please do your reading homework again.

Stay safe. Have fun.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Thank you! Reading right now.......

You haven't even read the fatality list and are posting that you want to get into BASE? Hasn't the link already been posted above? Didn't a few posters say to read the fatality database? Was it too hard to open up Tom A's article at the TOP OF THE PAGE that says "getting into BASE"? I know the link is in the article from reading it myself.

You are not taking any of the advice being given to you seriously. If I was you, I'd stop posting in this forum, do some research, stop depending on everyone to give YOU answers and grow some balls...then maybe come back.

-sorry..been biting my tongue for too long

New sig line - Ignorance is bliss.

stop depending on everyone to give YOU answers and grow some balls...then maybe come back.

-sorry..been biting my tongue for too long

Awesome. The BASE newbie police just got a new recruit. And it's a woman! :D

I'm doing research as we speak... and will be doing research for awhile. I came here for some general answers. I wasn't sure what to expect, and I've never talked to others about BASE jumping at the DZ. Most of the people I know don't BASE jump.

I made a mistake, I made a post before reading the Getting into BASE. I am now reading through all the articles and fatality databases. I'm also searching for some BASE videos and I want to learn about the sport some more... at least have a better understanding of it even if I never do a BASE jump. I will do my own research, I apologize for even posting.

i sure hope that base chicks do not grow balls.
that would be really wierd lookin.
and lets hope these se winds die down so us southerners can go jump and get chicks with balls images out of our minds.
blaine

You guys stop hatin on adventurechick.

She is really cute [see avatar] and she will be doing double gainer McConkey's off the Half Dome in no time.

Rat for Life - Fly till I die
When them stupid ass bitches ask why

if you are going to put up newbie police i will put up idiots, fuckwats and total cunts police.

you liked irony didn´t you?B|

Benjamín

Maybe what Amanduh is trying to say is that we want people to BASE jump that can think on their own, you know, independently. We want smart intelligent people jumping, but I guess that is subjective?

I do think BMS has a point from other threads about being more "helpful" to new jumpers, AND other people have a point about "doing some [more] research," there has to be a happy medium. BUT then again, maybe there shouldn't be? On another note, maybe we need to continue to be hard or harder about letting people in the sport? I just looked over the fatality database again :-(

At any rate: I think it it pointless to "discuss" being more helpful," or telling others to do "some [more] research," because people who will respond, will respond in the manner that he or she want to. Hell this is a Forum Right? People come here to learn and discuss; there is a noval idea!

All "we" [read: you] can do is what "we" feel is the best way to respond.

If the jumper is a semi-intelligent or is teachable/guide-able, there will be hope that he or she will do the right things and make the right choices and possibly turn out to be a productive asset to the BASE community, and/or at the very least become proficient enough to not be a danger to themselves or others and not require babysitting.
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

if you are going to put up newbie police i will put up idiots, fuckwats and total cunts police.

you liked irony didn´t you?B|

:)
[Edited to correct quote]

I'm also searching for some BASE videos and I want to learn about the sport some more... at least have a better understanding of it even if I never do a BASE jump.

Videos are fun, but I don't think they're a good way to learn about the sport. If you're even thinking about getting into it, you've probably already been exposed to more than enough of the "cool" side of things. What most people here are encouraging you to do is look more into the technical/reality side of things.

Forget about the videos for now.

Read the fatality list.

Read the archives in this forum.

Check out BaseWiki.

BASE jumping is not skydiving. You will not be able to use the same gear, and many of the techniques will be unfamiliar to you at first. Learn about them.

Michael

stop depending on everyone to give YOU answers and grow some balls

That will make it harder to get mentors!! :D

Sorry. Bad joke.

I'll leave now.

:P
Stay Safe - Have Fun - Good Luck

The above could be crap, thought provoking, useful, or . . But not personal. You decide.

you how are always talking people down for misspelling text should know that misusing others people text like you did to mine when you deleted my B| in the end is much worse>:(.

Leroydb used the police word but he was not recruiting.

Benjamín Árnason

you how are always talking people down for misspelling text should know that misusing others people text like you did to mine when you deleted my B| in the end is much worse>:(.

Fixed. Apologies.

ok everyone ... enough disagreeing.
lets agree to disagree
& go check out the cool bear pics.
i think we can all agree that we like base for alot of reasons.
blaine

That will make it harder to get mentors!! :D

Once again, you do have a valid point :P;)

Oh, and LeRoy...shut your piehole dude..I know what I meant...:P

Oh, and LeRoy...shut your piehole dude..I know what I meant...

Lets not forget to mention what you said about your "hole" hurting out there at TF.... MY P**** Hurts... DARE WE ask why?

its not my fault.... there is no video proof
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

just a general question (note: not planning to get into BASE (yet) - i just find it all fascinating)

you all say minimum x number of jumps, but what about currency.

im thinking along the lines of when you go to a DZ and may have to do a refresher if you havent jumped in 3 months and have below x number of jumps.

for example, ive got 250 skydives and i wanna base jump! (but thats spread over 4 years and i havent jumped in 6 months)

probably a pointless post, gotta do something while at work.
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading."