Basjkall

modified rig..

Hi,

Just wanted to show you some photos of my modified Vertex.. ;)

Any better?

Cheers,
Andreas

nice work bro...does it come with studs on the inside of the legstraps and a free gimp mask?

Michael Jackson meets BASE ;)

Is that a handle on the PC in photo #2?
Rigger, Skydiver, BASE Jumper, Retired TM

No, its a marshmellow...

I guess the flyers will appreciate this rig more..

Image is nothing, flying is everything..

That's cool, almost as cool as showing in-flight pictures.;):P
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

Sorry, have to go now. Was thinking of heading down to one of the local cliffs (1600m) and have some fun.. Fun means flying in 250 kmt horizontal for a minutt here in Norway.. To bad the drive is so long.. 190 kilometers.. Suckers, keep on tumbling down the objects with your fat belly`s hanging out of your outdated rigs.. ;)

To bad the drive is so long.. 190 kilometers.. Suckers, keep on tumbling down the objects with your fat belly`s hanging out of your outdated rigs.. ;)

You call 190 km a long drive? That's a puny girly drive! And mind you, flattery will get you nowhere with us Americans.. ;)
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

I think it looks great bro! Too bad some people can't look outside the box. Keep doing what you are doing. ;)

Andreas

As much as i love Superterminal, and as much as I admire your very obvious skills for tracking and rigging and pushing flight to the next level, I have to say, having read the numerous threads you have started and posted on, you have this amazing habit of coming across like an arrogant and obnoxious big head.

Why do you insist on undermining the great work you VBK boys are doing by belittling and slagging off those who admire you.

BASE is a very broad church. The clue is in the acronym. Tracking from tall E's is just a very tiny part of it. You have the perfect playground in Norway to practice and hone those skills. Do not belittle and ridicule those who do not.

Tracking isn't the be all and end all in BASE. It's a skill no more valid than the ability to tie off a static line or sneak past a security guard at night.

Your rig is indeed impressive, but it is a rig built specifically for one environment. Most jumpers need a rig built for numerous environments.

Keep up your great work cliff jumping, but please, lose the superior and condescending attitude. Who knows, if your head were a tad smaller you might track even better.

Again, huge respect for your abilities and enthusiasm for innovation, just no respect for your apparent lack of respect.

;) ;) see a smiley makes it all okay, right?

ian

Too bad you did nothing to reduce drag generated from the 3- rings;)

well said

Andreas

As much as i love Superterminal, and as much as I admire your very obvious skills for tracking and rigging and pushing flight to the next level, I have to say, having read the numerous threads you have started and posted on, you have this amazing habit of coming across like an arrogant and obnoxious big head.

Why do you insist on undermining the great work you VBK boys are doing by belittling and slagging off those who admire you.

BASE is a very broad church. The clue is in the acronym. Tracking from tall E's is just a very tiny part of it. You have the perfect playground in Norway to practice and hone those skills. Do not belittle and ridicule those who do not.

Tracking isn't the be all and end all in BASE. It's a skill no more valid than the ability to tie off a static line or sneak past a security guard at night.

Your rig is indeed impressive, but it is a rig built specifically for one environment. Most jumpers need a rig built for numerous environments.

Keep up your great work cliff jumping, but please, lose the superior and condescending attitude. Who knows, if your head were a tad smaller you might track even better.

Again, huge respect for your abilities and enthusiasm for innovation, just no respect for your apparent lack of respect.

;) ;) see a smiley makes it all okay, right?

ian

Really? These guys are having fun and sharing it with you. I'm not seeing the same sinister thing that you are.

Your rig is indeed impressive, but it is a rig built specifically for one environment.

How is this negative?

Andreas

As much as i love Superterminal, ....

In the whole country, there are two objects in Oslo tall enough to jump, maybe a span or two (because they build tunnels under the rivers and fjords) and a few antennas.

There is nothing else to do but track from 1000m cliffs ;-)

Oh...we have plenty of 50 meters high buildings. 5-6 years ago me and a jumpfriend never drove around without a ladder in the car. In that way we could access every emergency ladder.

Anyway, here is a little perspective. If those cliffs we are jumping off in Superterminal would have been in us, uk, Russia or France etc, it would have been you who made that movie.

There are two jumpers that really have made an impression the last couple of years up here by showing us higher performance of flight; Yuri and Loic. I guess there are more jumpers like them out there.

It is the person who flies, sneak past security, do acrobatics from low altitude etc who matters most, not the equipment.

A couple of weeks up here, and most of you guys would have done the same things as us.

But norwegian humor might take some more time to catch;)

peace, peace and peace

Fly low, pull high....VKB#7

http://www.fatsnake.com

Anyway, here is a little perspective. If those cliffs we are jumping off in Superterminal would have been in us, uk, Russia or France etc, it would have been you who made that movie.

They're here, but they're illegal. :(

I didn't say it was a negative. Read what i wrote

I am absolute full-on fan of the VBK boys and their work. The skills they have is beyond anything i could ever aspire to. The way they are pushing the whole area of big wall tracking leaves me awe struck. The devolepment of new equipment and technology in the persuit of better, longer, faster and lower in this field is simply stunning and applaudable.

However, Andreas has a habit of not only showcasing his work (a good thing) but at the same time being highly patronising and condescending to those who don't persue his goals (a bad thing).

comments like

Suckers, keep on tumbling down the objects with your fat belly`s hanging out of your outdated rigs

are numerous in Andreas' posts. They belie a certain contempt for other jumpers who are not pushing the envelope in big wall tracking AND are insulting to the manufacturers of BASE gear in general.

The website name

iflyyoucanhardlymoveforward (or something along those lines) says it all really. It says, look how good i am and look at how shit you are. That isn't a language barrier thing. That's not me not understanding Norwegian humour. It's me not liking someone saying how shit i am (which i admit, i am, but i just don't need you to tell me that). Think about it.

I have no beef with andreas or fat snake or han solo. I think what they do is truly inspiring. All i'm saying, is Andreas could lay off the superiority thing and simply let his tracking do the talking. Let his skills and his positivity be an inspiration and leave off with the acidic little comments, They just sour what is otherwise a very sweet experience.

ian

My god, man, lighten up! It's a joke! It's tongue in cheek! I am pretty sure Andreas is not walking the Earth looking upon everyone else because he tracks like a maniac.

Lighten Up Jonege, i'm just joking too, my tongue is firmly in cheek. You don't think i'm walking around looking down my nose at norwegian big wall trackers do you?

Jesus man. Get a sense of humour. Go get laid and stop taking things so seriously.

ian

Jesus man. Get a sense of humour. Go get laid and stop taking things so seriously.

That was what I was gonna write to you too..
Got me.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

That was what I was gonna write to you too..
Got me.

Got me to. Especially after post number two I really thought sabre210 tried to say something serious. Ahh all this irony

Fly low, pull high....VKB#7

http://www.fatsnake.com

The first post looked serious, but I didn't post a reply because I thought you might be joking. But then you made the second post offering support for your position in the first, and that definitely made it look like you were serious. Apparently, I was not the only one here who thought that, either. Glad to know you ARE just kidding, but the second post sure made it seem otherwise.