katzurki

Dangerous or not?

Is it normal for a cutawayable rig (which my main rig is not...) to have this little piece of cable protruding? Looks snaggable to me. Should I have it fixed, or should I have a balls enlargement surgery and jump?

Everything in and on the Rig to Canopy is 'Snaggable' The odds say you will most likely Die from the usual and ordinary problems that occur while BASE jumping. ...;)
Looks pretty normal to me. Just keep your fingers out of there and, Quit Pulling On It !!!

meow! Nice lookin' rig ;)
-------------------------------------------
"Scars remind you that the past is real..."

...Just keep your fingers out of there...

>>That's what my doctor told me about all my nosebleeds.

On a recent wingsuit flight, my cutaway cable was pulled about 1 inch down. The handle is internal and is right where the main lift web emerges from the wing. I guess on deployment when the MLW was jerked up, the wingsuit pushed the handle down.

I had the 3-rings shut down (by loosely tying the small ring to the grommet) for backup, but I'll wrap the cutaway handle with gaffer's tape on future flights.
Android+Wear/iOS/Windows apps:
L/D Vario, Smart Altimeter, Rockdrop Pro, Wingsuit FAP
iOS only: L/D Magic
Windows only: WS Studio

On a recent wingsuit flight, my cutaway cable was pulled about 1 inch down. The handle is internal and is right where the main lift web emerges from the wing. I guess on deployment when the MLW was jerked up, the wingsuit pushed the handle down.

I had the 3-rings shut down (by loosely tying the small ring to the grommet) for backup, but I'll wrap the cutaway handle with gaffer's tape on future flights.

I've had exactly the same problem, and dealt with it in exactly the same manner.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I had the 3-rings shut down (by loosely tying the small ring to the grommet) for backup

on that note... i was curious as to whether or not a majority came to a conclusion if it was a bad idea to do that all the time (aside from water jumps, of course)???

it seems to me that it would be a safer alternative to non-3ring risers...

???

i guess this would go under the what would TOM say category??????????????????

well mr. aiello? what does Tom A. say? and to follow up the other guy before me,, how about the color of the tape? should it or should it not be the same color or you rig?
i do mean this respectfully.

thanks.
NPS SUX ASS

I've got just about the same amount of cable protruding on mine. Bugs the shit out of me, but my logical side tells me that that little snag factor is probably the least of my worries. :S

how many times did your skydive main got a cutaway as your pillow or what you use got pulled out?
I never had a issue whith mine,i do check the cabel at my 3rings before each jump..

on the other had ill buy the rig cheap from you it it can take a 265-285ish canopy:P

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

All it takes is just that one time, eh...

I guess shutting off the 3-rings will do the trick, especially since only about 5 inches of the cable protrude past the third ring.

Thanks, everybody!

especially since only about 5 inches of the cable protrude past the third ring.

which means taht you need to pull out about 4inches of yellow cutaway cable and not notice it somehow before you really have an issue...

pretty simple really.. check it, set it, dont fucking touch it.;)

.... have a balls enlargement surgery and jump?

Don't forget to throw in an extra $10 000 for the platinum upgrade. :D

Ooooooh, the fun you'll have at airports!!!! :ph34r:

I'm much more concerned about something catching the soft housing passing my 3 rings in case of an object strike. Having one riser released while tasting the rocks would really suck.. I think I'm going for L-bars on my next rig..

Sorry for bad picture quality, was packing outside today and only had my phone with me.