base283

Using a car battery for a packing weight.

Cant find your packing clamps? You could just use 4 batteries and place them on top of the folded canopy to keep your packjob nice and neat. :P

If you can't find 4 batteries, you can always stop by and get a few containers of pool chemicals I have in the shed. ;):P

Cant find your packing clamps? You could just use 4 batteries and place them on top of the folded canopy to keep your packjob nice and neat. :P

If you can't find 4 batteries, you can always stop by and get a few containers of pool chemicals I have in the shed. ;):P

just use tent stakes. cheaper, smaller, lighter, and more secure! :P
DON'T PANIC
The lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
sloppy habits -> sloppy jumps -> injury or worse

hi spacy tracy, why such an uncool statements? to me it seems that this is one of the least expensiv ways to get not only a vented canopy but a vented rig too ;-) Bernhard

btw: how are you? living still south of munich? drop me a private mail.

This assembly must be IMMEDIATELY pulled from service and checked by a person knowlegable with fabric ph testing. IT IS NOT AIRWORTHY AT THIS TIME! It is not a faa or anything else duty but the owner has made a GRAVE MISTAKE. This is the worst thing that can happen to a rig, any place suspect might have to be cut out and replaced. Not kidding around with this one do not jump it! Take it apart and store in separate bags and get it tested, before using again.

This is the best info for the “Battery guy” IMHO. The scary thing is as I mention before is that (putting it all over the packing area and other people’s packing mats and this was even worse.). If someone dumped their rig on some acid spillage……He does need some slack though because he didn’t know and had not seen the damage it can do. I will try to get the photo of the harness damage.
Which brings up the point of “Who is your rigger for your BASE gear? You need a rigger to inspect your gear if you do not know about harness designs and failures, wear points on the entire sytem that could compromise the integrity of your one canopy rig.
take care,
space

dont people still learn this stuff during aff/iad/sl first jump courses?

-am
Abbie Mashaal
Skydive Idaho
Snake River Skydiving
TandemBASE

I don't think so. I think I learned it from a jeans falling apart working on my car also.

You might as well throw it away and buy a new one! The rig, not the battery!
Or maybe just wash your rig in battery acid, then leave it in the rain for a day or so, then go ahead and jump it! Darwins waiting to talk to you!

Dont even put a rig in the trunk of your car or bed of your truck if a battery has ever been in it! And how would you know if a battery was ever in it unless its a brand new car and your the first owner...boy, I feel sorry for anyone who ever packed NEAR this guy!

This is "THE STUPIDIST THING I'VE EVER HEARD OF!"

[:/]

slack?
You must be joking.
Granted you do need the advice of a rigger once in a while but i am sure (if 283 is your base number) you realize and have realized long ago that this is not skydiving. This is almost common sense. Everybody at some stage between the ages of 5 and 10 was told not to touch the battery because it makes holes in your clothes...
I'll say it again, when people come up with things like this, you've just got to drop your arms, crack a beer, sit on the case and cry...
poc

You should have squatted and taken a shit on his rig just to emphasize the point more so.
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174

You should have squatted and taken a shit on his rig just to emphasize the point more so.

I've got this nasty image in my mind of Spacey Tracy hunkered down, beer in hand, straining as he backs one out into some poor ignorant twat's rig. :D

you would be doing a great public service to tell us who this individual is ,so that those of us who have had contact with this asshole can properly reward his dumbass behavior.

Battery thats nothing I once used a dead dog I found on the side of the road. it took weeks to get the smell out
besides who cares if some one uses a battery, as a packing weight .I personaly
would encurage such behavior. That way u can take there car on a Base jump after they burn in and take there money and drugs
TOSS MY SALAD
I'm an invincible re-tarded ninja
derka derka bakala bakala muhammad jihad

Battery schmattery. They're for pussies. I have personally used a stack of anti personal land mines before, a monkey(watch out for your keys, wallets and sunnies they could go missing) and my least favorite, Ray Losli.
That's right folks, I once used Ray as a packing weight. It was meant to be this cute red head with great tits but Ray chased her off with all this talk about himself and his "Soft cock". Using Ray as a packing weight has it's drawbacks though. You tend to pack 3 times faster cutting tons of corners just so you can finish and not have to listen to him. Then there's also the that ringing in your ears that sounds a lot like Ray's voice. That's hard to shake and can be disconcerting when you jump. All in all the battery seems pretty benign to me. Go for it.
Hey Ray. Youre a big softie.

Battery thats nothing I once used a dead dog I found on the side of the road. it took weeks to get the smell out

i think they are talking about packing weights, not canine necrophelia...but i may be incorrect.

the smell of magot off the dead dog, that is.

-am
Abbie Mashaal
Skydive Idaho
Snake River Skydiving
TandemBASE

Awwwww Matt you poor dumb bastard, You don't realize it at the time but ME, being that I'm your best mate. I was Really doing a HUGE Favor.
I chased off that cute little Red-Head. With those Great Tits you had arranged for a Packing Weight. Rumors had it that she contracted a Raging S.T.D. from your Sister. .....;)
Anyway I think that I was not planning to be used as your Packing Weight. I just think I had to sit-down for a moment because of the HeadSpins I was getting from all the bad Junk we scored & abused BASE jumping the night before.
DUDE ! Seems that the white powder we found. Was Really just cable corrosion.
That fell off the Car Batteries we were using as Packing Weights. .....:P

When maggot goes in I know I'll be using his dead body as packing weight as long as it does not bleed too much. Dried out blood is awfully hard to get cleaned up.

And by the way, what the big fuzz about using a battery as packing weight? From the pic it looks like a clean, modern, leak-proof battery and even if it was leaking a little "acid" , that might actually give you some deep insights about the jump.
Memento Audere Semper

i dont think magot weighs enough to be uses as a packing weight.

-am
Abbie Mashaal
Skydive Idaho
Snake River Skydiving
TandemBASE

next time get the drugs from me and u will feel like a super star. how the hell do u think I get by happy, spouting all the shit that comes out of my mouth all the time. its all the really good drugs!!!!!!
And cornish I think I would make a fantastic packing weight. as a matter of fack u guy's should have me stuffed when I go in and give me out as trophy at the Iron man BASE competition. a dead maggot as a bear hold and packing weight, that can't talk. What could be better.
TOSS MY SALAD

Go screw off on your own threads guys, please. If it's not about what the title of the thread says, go get your own. is this too much to ask? I got my thread, go get yours.
Thanks in advance you thread splitters.
take care,
space

sorry
TOSS MY SALAD

You are a jerk Tracy. ;) And what is wrong with a bit of acid huh?

Now, the canopy may not appreciate that fact that acid is one of the three big no no's, but the jumper won't mind when he gets a hard opening and the canopy falls apart. Should make great video too.

This should be funny. BASE jumpers don't use reserve canopies because they don't need them, but they start using a reserve harness when it falls apart on opening. We should start a contest to see who can work out the cutaway / transfer system first.

Luv your work.

And if he still thinks you're a jerk, just tell him that I agree!!!! ;)

I am surprised the other people actually let him near them. Sounds like a lot of people know stuff all about taking care of gear. Those were happy days Spacy.

p.s. you have done the right thing. It is up to the others to respond.
Stay Safe - Have Fun - Good Luck

The above could be crap, thought provoking, useful, or . . But not personal. You decide.

She better not be leaking. No telling what drugs she has been taking (Acid) and how well her body has absorbed it. Don't get her too excited. And DONT" let her sit naked on the rig.....
Stay Safe - Have Fun - Good Luck

The above could be crap, thought provoking, useful, or . . But not personal. You decide.