willd

To get an A license is it a total of 25 jumps,or 25 plus the 8 aff jumps?

There are several requirements to be able to get an A license. One of those requirements is 25 (or more) jumps. This does include AFF jumps.

As I said, the 25-jump requirement is one requirement of many. You could have 100 jumps, but if you haven't fulfilled those other requirements you can't get signed off for your A license.

it's not about the license. it's about your skills. in skydiving don't do anything if you don't feel comfortable about it and don't rush things and set too high goals. skydiving is a great sport, but it can also be a highway to serious injury or death. Try to enjoy it first before you rush to some "achievements" like a-license or others...

The minimum number of jumps required to get your A is 25 which includes all jumps (tandems, aff, sl, coach, solo, hop&pops). But there are also skill requirements that you must have signed off. Make sure you get a yellow profiency card and start having your instructors sign off the skills you complete. It's a pain to have to go back through your log book and play catch up on getting things signed off.

...includes all jumps (tandems, aff, sl, coach, solo, hop&pops)..

in Ireland don't count SL... need 25 FREEFALL jumps

julio_gyn is correct for the US as well, it's still 25 freefall jumps. Static line jumps dont count towards the 25. I know first hand, being first a static line student and now a SL/I

...includes all jumps (tandems, aff, sl, coach, solo, hop&pops)..

in Ireland don't count SL... need 25 FREEFALL jumps

julio_gyn is correct for the US as well, it's still 25 freefall jumps. Static line jumps dont count towards the 25. I know first hand, being first a static line student and now a SL/I

Since when?
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Huh? Can't seem to find that in the SIM. Here's what I did find.

E. License privileges and requirements

A License

1. Persons holding a USPA A license may jump without supervision, pack their own main parachute, engage in basic group jumps, perform water jumps, and must have-

a. completed 25 jumps

b. completed all requirements listed on the USPA A License Proficiency Card

c. completed five group freefall skydives involving at least two participants

d. received the signature and official stamp on the USPA A License Proficiency Card or USPA A License Progression Card (ISP)

Both proficiency cards mention "25 skydives." No specificity about the type.

http://www.uspa.org/Portals/0/Downloads/Form_ALicenseProgandApp.pdf

http://www.uspa.org/Portals/0/Downloads/Form_ALicenseProfandApp.pdf
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

.An “A” license used to require 25 “freefalls”. Static lines didn’t count. You used to have to renew your license, at least your “D” every year and that required at least 12 jumps in the last 12 months.
I don’t think tandems count toward totals for license purposes, can someone verify that.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Every year I "barrow" paper from the office and print out the electronic version for my home DZ
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!